• Indeed it should

Roberto Nevilis, an Italian teacher, gave homework as a punishment to misbehaving students in 1905. Homework also can make students stressed and can even make some students depressed. (filler filler filler filler filler filler filler filler filler filler filler filler filler filler filler filler filler filler filler filler filler filler)

• AHAHAHAHAH who even made this an issue

I'm not from California, so maybe I don't have a particularly strong platform but I doubt your youth will be able to compete with every other nation who does allow homework.
    Homework is stressful but sheltering students is only going to royally screw them over when they get to the real world and discover they can't achieve anything without striving for it.

• It should not

Not in California, not in everywhere else in the world. Homeworks force you to study; and this is important, considering how many students not paying attention in class. And I don't think the upper hand will 'ban' homeworks like they do on weeds. This is simply irrational, frankly speaking. Lol.