• Because children need 8 hours of sleep, it just causes stress!

I never get a lot of homework, but homework adds peer pressure and social problems, kids are not little soldiers doing homework, they should do an after school thing such as watching TV or playing with their iPod. It also makes children hate school even more than now! I think homework should be banned for good!

• There is NO relaxation for students!

People who are in school have too little time with their families, not enough time with friends. All this can add up to social problems and a disconnection from friends and family. As a student, I think I can say that having no homework would improve my attitude outside of school, it would improve my social relationships, and I would be less stressed.

• Yes it Should be Banned.

Too much homework causes us to over think it, gives us extra stress and add ons to what other stress we have, it also doesn't allow us to do anything we want! These are only a couple of the reasons that I think we should ban homework and as a student I fully support it.

• Homework should be banned because it causes too much stress.

We definitely need less stress from homework; it controls our world! We need to have time for family, personal needs, and ultimately have more time for what we want to do. We also need to have enough sleep. We don't want excessive stress than can lead to both anxiety problems and depression. Why keep homework?

• Homework should be banned as students already do 6 hours a day in school.

Homework should be banned as students do 6 hours a day in school for 11 years of their life and to make things worse when they finish school all they want to do is go home and relax, but with homework they cannot do that. Say if a family member is ill and the student has homework to do and it has to be in the next day but they want to help their family member instead.

Posted by: gfrj
  • Homework should be banned because it is negatively affecting students' health.

I am a high school student and I think that it should be banned. It is affecting my social, mental and physical health badly. The amount of homework I get makes me not be able to see my friends, not able to go outside and exercise, and mentally, it puts lots of pressure on me. I would rather work harder in school and have time where I can see my friends. Homework is more negative than it is positive. I think it should be banned.

• yes it should be banned

• More family bonding will be the result.

More time spent on homework means less time for family bonding. It detaches the student form his or her family and soon enough he or she won't even bother to talk to them. Children get frustrated even if their family members talk to them. They say it 'disrupts' their revision or homework thus being rude. This weakens the bonds they have for each other. I say that homework must be reduced for both student's and family's benefit.

• Yes - Students Have Lives Too

Yes, homework should be banned in schools. Part of the reason teenagers have lost interest in school is because of the massive amounts of homework given out every day. Most teens even have large amounts of homework assigned for the weekend. They have so many assignments that they have very little free time for social activities and are getting burnt out on school. We need to rethink the way we educate in this country.

• Homework should be strictly banned!!

First of all, and I must say this, homework is good. BUT when it is overdone, like most schools do, it becomes a danger to students. The student's morale lowers because too much work from school is give. The students loose their interest in going to school . When we go home, we are supposed to settle down with our parent or meet our friends. This is a part of growing. But the homework given deprive us from doing those things. HOMEWORK SHOULD BE BANNED!

• Teaches one time management

People are saying that homework affects family time and extra cirricular activities but its up the student to plan out their work and have an organized schedule. If they put in the effort then they won't have these problems. If there is no homework everything will come easy and they won't work hard for their studies and will eventually get dumber.

• Nothing to do

Kids wont be able to practice the things they need for tests and things. Also they wouldn't be able to do things in school. If you think about it, most of the things you do in school have to do with the homework you did last night or a few nights before. They could make school days longer but they would then have to pay for the teachers and then students wouldn't really get any free time after school especially if they do after school activities

• It helps you be prepared in life

Well what I think is that homework shouldnt be banned for school because it helps you be prepared for life and get a better future and get a better job than working in mcdonalds or something like that instead of that you can be an architect or a lawyer yeah

• Why ban homework?

Homework helps students to have longer retention. Helps them to communicate when they don't understand something. Makes students use their time wisely. Makes a student feel confident with their level of responsibility. People say that it basically kills trees then why do I keep on seeing planted saplings when I'm on the road? If it destroys trees then plant a tree! Things come and go
    The only students who are available to complain about homework is elementary graders as they are new to homework and need time to develop.

• NO banning homework!!!

It stimulates the brain and it helps teach the students responsibility and time management skills. It also lets teachers know what the students weaknesses and helps focus on them to strengthen them. Homework is like a pre-pre-test that isn't worth as much as normal tests. :) Hope this helps...Note this all has been researched and is ,at least, true.

• Homework should not be banned in schools

Homework helps students review everything that they learned that day in class. It is important for them to review to help to remember things for their classes. Homework makes sure what the students learn that day in class stays in their brains as well as makes them learn to figure out things on their own.

• No it's important

In my opinion homework should not be banned. Homework helps kids learn even if it may be stressful. It helps kids learn self discipline. Also it shows kids how they're doing in class. Lastly, if we didn't have homework we would be unable to learn new things which is necessary.

• HOMEWORK SHOULD NOT BE BANNED

Homework is there to help us, so according to me homework should not be banned. It makes us understand more of that certain subject. If homework is banned then I am sure that most of the people will be suffering because they do not understand what is going on. Studying will be hard without homework.

• No because homework is important.

Homework is important because it shows the teachers what the children have learned, what they understand, where the students are at and if they need help with their work. Dr Walker Louis, expert at Gold Coast Center, has researched and found that 60% of children say that homework helped them in their future. Did you know that Dr Littler Ryan did homework in primary school and he believes that homework helped him to fulfill his dreams?

• Homework shouldn't be banned

Homework should not be banned because it involves revision. What will we do in our extra time? It is necessary. If on any day we have no homework we are bored. What will we get by watching TV and playing games? Nothing. So to maintain our studies and to get good marks we should get homework.