• Homework is a kind of revision

I think the purpose of giving homework is to help us what is taught in the class . Moreover, it helps us to improve ourselves. If we don't listen properly in the class then homework is the best way to learn what we missed by teaching it to ourselves or receiving help from others. It also helps us to revise what was done in the class. Moreover, many students use homework to revise for their tests so there is no problem in giving home works. It makes us sit and study for a while and rack our minds through it so it's beneficial for us. But it should be given in a moderate amount so that we do not just sit and study on our desks all the time but give us time for other activities. Moreover, more homework gives stress to children for completing it so I think it should be given but in a regulated manner.

• Homework is a kind of revision

• Of course YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

The purpose of homework is to help you learn what was taught in class. You do better on tests when you do homework. Homework is a way to study!! Plus you people out there that say you have sports!! You can't do sports unless you have good grades. Doing homework helps you get good grades!!

• It's like a short revision.

Homework creates stress in the minds of the students.If they do not complete on time they start geeting goosebumbs of thier particular teachers.Nowadays teachers have become lazy and they try to complete the maximum portion through homework.They piles and piles of homework and give severe punishments if they are not complete.

• Homework should be given everyday to improve yourself

Homework must be given everyday because we are not revising the subjects but homework helps to do it.Especially in maths, maths should be practiced everyday . But we are lazy. So homework helps us to practices maths. Its helps to remember sums and during exams it makes us easy to learn. Anyway my opinion is that 'Homework should not be abolished

• Homework Helps people

I realize that when reading an article for the debate for homework I think we should have homework. Homework can help people understand what the problem means. Homework could help you it can be easy or hard it depends on your grade like 5Th grade is kind of easy to understand. It can help you learn different things that you did not know and it can higher your report card grades. There are different types of homework like reading (40 minutes), writing (5-10 minutes) and math (5 minutes).

• Homework should be given

Homework should be given because it helps the students to revise their chapters. The students that are not good at studies should definitely given the homework as it bounds them to study it means that they have to study at every cost. If homework is not given what students will do at their home? They will just waste their time in playing or doing useless activities.

• Of course it should be given

Students get homework so that they can recall what all teacher told in school &l it shows that if they have really grasped what teacher told. It leads to better understanding of a subject and it is a good way of practicing any subject.It is beneficial because no one is fully perfect in any subject as everyone needs extra practice to be perfect in any subject.

• I love homework

I think homework should be given to students because if our homework is less creative than the other firstly we thought i will never do homework again but after some minutes we thought next time i will do it more efficientlyand get good comments from teacher and full marks due to this reason i love doing HW.

• Homework Helps Students do Better

As a student myself, I've found that I generally do better in the classes that give an appropriate amount of homework. Though some teachers do have the tendency to give too much homework and cause more stress for the students, a decent amount helps the student practice what they have learned. Many people I know, myself included, use the homework that teachers give us to study for tests. There have been multiple occasions where I have had trouble paying attention in class and missed a very important lesson. It happens to the best of us; one minute you're sitting in class memorizing formulas and the next thing you know the bell has rung and you didn't hear a single word. In these situations, a student can use their homework as an opportunity to learn what they missed by teaching it to themselves or receiving help from a family member or other source. If the teacher gave no homework, this would not be possible. That being said, teachers should not give out too much or unnecessary amounts of homework. A student shouldn't have to do homework just because the teacher can give it to them, there should be a real purpose to what the student practices at home. And giving out an overabundance of homework can cause more stress to the student, making the student more likely to give up instead of trying to understand the topic matter. Also, one shouldn't forget that people don't spend all day reading and studying; they have sports, clubs, all kinds of extracurricular activities that can make doing 2 hours of homework practically impossible. In conclusion, moderate amounts of homework should be given to students to help them learn (emphasis on MODERATE AMOUNTS)

• It depends on the student.

I believe that homework should not be given to students because they spend to much time on it. I understand that teachers may what repetition, but what about classwork! I would gladly trade in homework for classwork. If a student completely understands a topic, then why spend so much time learning it, when they already know it? If a student doesn't understand a topic, they should get a small amount of homework, no more than 15 problems.

• Not our current version of homework.

The current version of homework is very faulty (i'm only talking about the United States public schools). Memorization is not the best way to solve problems. Anyone can do something 10 times and memorize it, it's not very hard only time consuming. But once something is tweaked just a tiny bit, students panic and don't know what to do. Our homework should not be about memorization, it should focus on skills needed for critical thinking and problem solving. In math students are forced to do memorize the same problems over and over yet do not get anywhere. If they couled just obtain the tools needed to solve these problems we would all be better off. So in conclusion, homework should still be given out but there should be less of it and it should revolve around building skills in a certain area.

• No homework for us

It takes up time for all of the children who have sports or other extracurricular activities during the day. Like for example: i have practice from 5:30 to 8:00 and I am in middle school! No time for homework yet we still get it every single day and it kills us.

• Homework is a Second job

Homework is like a second job for kids. Kids who play sports or other activities after school do not have any time for homework. If kids do not Get enough sleep day they stay up to late finishing homework it seems they tend to be late to school the next morning.

• Causes Stress to students

Kids get too much homework. It causes stress to them and they end up staying up late too do it. They feel like they have too do it and do it perfectly. Homework also limits kids. It doesn't allow them to do any extra curricular activities. Therefor homework should not be given.

• We don't need it

Lots of kids have lots to do when they get home. The have practice, instruments and chores all to do before bed, which we needed to go to early so we can learn more the next day. Homework should also only if any be handed out if the student needs it. If someone understands a topic theres no need for more

• Teachers dont think about us...

Homework should not be given. It distracts us from other household work and games. WE are
    mentally good but physically dull.. We get tense and ditructs from other work like tution, and classes.
    It disturbs our happy life.We cant enjoy occassions because of the homework given to us.It distracts us
    from enjoyment...

• Relevant information on why students should not be getting homework. This would eventually help you think about your opponent's argument.

Teachers, you might think that homework is a beneficial tool for students to receive better grades and that it can significantly improve their understanding in learning, but eventually, studies show that this statement leads to the exact opposite. As the matter of fact, according to Duke University's Harris Copper: “Doing more than 60 to 90 minutes a night in middle school and more than 2 hours in high school is associated with lower scores.” As you see, the existence of homework not only creates a negative impact on students' life, but also by pushes down their grade. Reasoning out further, studies have also shown that countries with less homework or rather no homework, create a even more beneficial environment for students. Places like Japan, Czech Republic, and Denmark assign relatively no homework, yet students there score well on all exams. On the other hand, countries with low average scores-- Thailand, Greece, Iran-- have teachers who assign a great deal of homework. This information strongly shows homework’s negative impact on students’ grades. It also may result in confusion on the teacher’s part. Teachers are expecting students to do homework, when it is not done, it is almost a surprise.
    Like what I have said, homework is just an unnecessary tool to tumble down students' grade. In fact, its presence has also created a disruptive effect on family interactions and has reduced the valuable time for family activities. Studies have shown that most kids spend more time doing homework than spending time with their family and friends. Instead of being at family dinners, a child could be stuck up in his or her room doing homework. This situation diminishes the amount of time for parents, especially mothers, with little time for themselves or for other family members. Speaking from my own experience the mother of an eighth-grade boy I know spoke to me about this: “spends hours and hours on homework.” She frequently admonishes him to “hurry up so that we can do something else” but homework rarely leaves time for “something else.”
    In conclusion, homework is just an unbeneficial tool that was created that lead to many disadvantages in students' lives. It’s existence has kept students away from valuable family time, it can have a negative impact on our grades and perhaps most importantly,homework can cause and a lack of sleep contributing to an unhealthy condition. So please teachers,rethink your choice of assigning homework and understand that your choice will signify a great deal to our path.

• Extra clases homework

If the homework given by school is not burden then the homework given by tusion or extra classes make it as burden. Parents give more notice to the tusion homework than school. And by completing the tusion homework , when it comes tp complete the school homework it becomes a burden

• No it wastes time .

The work given is never hands on or very useful when it comes to learning the subject or properly practicing a study. It feels more like a disciplinary deal or just plain out; memorize, test and done. Then you always forget the material. This is at a high school/ elective college class basis. I'm very neutral about this subject but I believe it should be changed around and we should try a new system of homework. What gets me is students would rely on homework for a good grades and put little effort on studying for a test. The ratio for my classes is 75% testing then 25% homework grade. I could only imagine if it was all 100% testing and no homework. That would actually put me in a position to study harder because my grade is strongly based on my test scores. So far I believe whats best is to only give homework if you're doing a group project.