• If we make homework optional, it will damage the education system.

I get decent grades myself, I could do well with or without homework. However, this may not be the case for every individual. Lets just say homework was optional. If there is an individual that doesn't care (and, getting horrendous grades), they will probably not try to practice to improve on their education. On the contrary, if homework remains optional that individual might just get the education they need to survive when they face the real world. Or perhaps change their mind about education in general. Lastly, homework is not always fair, but lets face it, it depends on the teacher.

• I think kids should have optional homework.

I think kids should have optional homework because, if a kid is bad at a grade they could do optional homework to get their grades up so they don't have to go to summer school. Which would give kids time to spend time with their friends and family, go on vacation, and play outside.
    Also it gives kids a chance to build that family bond that they lost during the school year. Cause studies show that kids spend more time with their teachers than with their own family. Anyway, that's why I think kids should have optional homework. Thank You.

• Yes it should

Cause they help u improve accademic results and u will get better results and have better jobs in the future. Moreover, they can help to recall what the teachers taught in class.

If u do not understand what i said, you must be a noob,duh.

ALSO, PEOPLE WHO DISAGREES MUST HATE HW A LOT,HAHAHAAHAH,LOL.LEL

• Homework should be mandatory

Now I know no one really likes homework but it to see if the student and/or students really understand the work that the teachers are teaching them. Also, it's practice for the students. Just like anything else, if you don't practice how will you get better at anything? If it was optional, a majority of most students will not do it and will not practice to better themselves and their understanding of the subject.

• Yes homework is necessary

It is important to give homework, but with a fair schedule. So it won't be a burden and students won't be discouraged.
    It is important for them to practice and remember.

Currently I am still studying and there is a lot of homework, sometimes overwhelming. But it is good to remember that practice makes perfect, to more you do, to more you remember.

From personal experience and from classmates experiences, I can say that when homework is optional it is mostly not made. And you miss a part of the lesson.

Yes, homework isn't always fun. But it helps a lot.

• Yes homework is necessary

It is important to give students a homework ,but there will be a schedule for daily homework ,this will not make a burden on students then ..They can easily manage playing time ,homework time and also enjoy their time with family.
    Most important is that they can recall everyday lesson..

• Home work should always be mandatory!

Kids need homework because kids need to be able to practice every night with there math sheets because, kids need to never forget what they have learned in class. They should always have extra math practice because its great for their growth mindset. So yes every single student should get homework every single night

• Homework should NOT be mandatory because...

Having homework is to ensure the kid understands the lesson, but a lot of students don't even do the homework. What's the point? If the kid doesn't do the homework, it just counts against them. Why should kids be REQUIRED to do it? I think that this is just nonsense.

• Homework should be mandatory!

Without homework an individual that needs extra practice and support doesn't get the practice to improve their education. If you do homework you get better academic results which gets you better jobs in the future. Since homework is getting you ready for school work, it's like practice and you know the saying "practice makes perfect" it's true. So many people can be A students but they don't do homework, which results in Fs. Pretend homework never existed students slack, most don't study and cause students to fail their grade level. Then the school education system will collapse. In class it's hard to focus because there's always some distraction. It's hard to pay attention in class but if I do homework which is usullay review of what happened in class i'll know the answer for next week's quiz.

• We already have 6 hours of school

We need to focus and we'll loose our focus when we've had 6 whole hours of learning and what about spending time with faimily and keeping fit and not be staring at screen we also have after school commitments and may not have time after words and if we can't make time for home work then we get in trouble hows that fair!!!!!

• Causes too much unnecessary stress.

As a student I find myself constantly overwhelmed with homework. Along with trying to fit them into my schedule. Most of the time I am not bothered by most of it because some assignments help me remember more information about the subject. It has become more common that teachers assign busy work that is off topic and does not help students learn. I believe that homework should be voluntary and mainly focused on the subject being taught in the class.

• It can be unfair to some kids.

I do very well in my classes, so I don't believe homework should be mandatory. People will say that if it is not mandatory, then nobody will do it, but this is wrong. Anyone who cares about their education and needs to do the homework will do it. However, homework is pointless and repetitive to those who have mastered the subject in the first place.

• Homework is about achievement not learning.

Homework shows that the teacher is failing to do there job in the time given. After school time is my time not the schools. Homework kills the passion for learning and builds resentment towards future assignments. Children learn more from an involved parent then they will ever learn from school. School work belongs in school.

• Homework isn't mandatory already.

Homework is not necessary in order for students to be able to suffeciantly learn. The way one student learns from another can differ drastically. I have teachers who hand out Homework everyday, while others firmly believe it makes no difference in a learning ciriculum. Mandatory Homework doesn't exist, because making it mandatory starts with the teacher, and as generations grow so does the way we teach. Our teaching has moved more towards computers and independent thinking than it has towards looking at an assignment for hours. This is why I don't believe homework is necessary.

There's also the argument that doing Homework makes no difference in ones ability to learn. You are handed homework with the assumption you already know how to do it, but that isn't always true. You take your work home, only to find out you needed the time to do it in class to get help. This makes the process of taking it home irrelevant. I'm not saying all children can't figure out Homework, but there are cases where a student genuinely does not understand.

• I think not.

Homework doesn't really help as much as some think it does, quite honestly. It can be used to help young children become more responsible for their own education and encourage them to study the things they learned at school, at home - but past a certain age (basically the teen age), it becomes highly redundant as most individuals by then are aware of the need of self-study, and need no further prodding or pushing.

• I think not.

• Its too much

We have 24 hours in a day 6 to7hours we spend in school 2hours for home work 2hours for self study
    and then when we will play and we also need 8to9 hours sleep which is a must and when we will spend time with our parents all things are important not just studying

• Should be optional

I feel that if it is optional we are more inclined to do it. It would also reduce the overall stress of students and help them pay more attention in school.
    I also feel like teachers are starting to use homework as punishments instead of the homework actually being of use.
    I think it would a great idea as again I reduces stress but it so helps us students be more individual in our education and make the homework all that more helpful to our learning as many students just go through there homework just to get it over and not pay any attention to what they are doing.

• Should be optional

• Not always needed

Most of the time when you are doing homework, you think about what else you could be doing besides homework. Kids should be kids and have fun and what they want to do. Some kids don't do it anyway. Schoolwork is for school. Studying should be optional but it should not be required. Homework should not be given