• I hate all homework but math

Is it's optional there will be way less stress in students lives. Besides, if homework were banned that would suck because there are some kids who like it. If it's optional people who don't like it don't have to do it and kids who like it can. This case is closed

• Homework is painful.

Teacher: "Here, kids! Here's a REVIEW SHEET THAT CAN HELP YOU WITH YOUR TEST." Kid: "Do we have to do this?" Teacher: "YES YOU HAVE TO DO THIS IT IS MANDATORY!" Me: Wow. It's frickin HELP. Why should it be forced? All homework should be optional. Homework equals stress, which equals KILL ME NOW!

• Homework so should be made optional

We can't just keep doing homework too often and some people just want to get on with their lives. Homework should still be given out but not as often especially on holidays. Even though homework is good for our education homework should 100% be optional. Teachers give students a break from homework.

• Homework is gay

Like why are you doing work homework was created by a guy so u bassicly doing a guy. That's hella gay like no and second of all homework has hom in it that could mean homo and that's equally gay so yes homework should be banned anyone who disagrees with me is gay

• Homework is causing a lot of stress for students.

Most students nowadays have very hectic schedules, with a lot of tuition classes to attend and another pile of revision papers given by their parents. Not to mention, school hours are also getting longer, resulting in students getting less time to complete their homework. Because of this, students are put under a lot of pressure as they would get scolded by teachers if they did not complete their homework. Students end up burning the midnight oil, which causes mental and even physical health problems for them. I mean, as a student, I have personally experienced firsthand how stressful that can get and I want schools to understand that too.

• Homework have to be optional

Although homework are useful for us... But if every day we have lots and lots of homework, our childhood would be colourless. Why? Because homework and more homework will only help our study only.... We could at least go to the playground or play game or even go out with our family and friends. Too much homework may cause stress to children or maybe... I say maybe adults too. But if the homework’s deadline is one or more than one day, it would be good, but we still have to do it. That is why I know that homework must be optional.
    Written by a 12 year old kid from a school

• Homework is bad

Nobody really likes homework... They are... So boring, horrible n still horibble. I would actually be mindblown iof its fun... Pple rather spend time wth fren, family than to do that boring worksheet. Its a worst of paper which is not environmental friendly . . . . . . .

• We should do all our work at school and prepare for the next day at home

Some People could be going through hard time out of school and have no time to do it. Also if a school expects you to print something off you might not have equipment to do the homework at home. WE SHOULD HAVE ENOUGH TIME TO DO IT AT SCHOOL .

• Too Much Time

While homework is handy if you don't understand a topic, but it takes up too much time out of the student's childhoods. A better system is for homework to only ever be done for extra credit, studying, or when the teacher thinks it is necessary for the child to study the topics they are having trouble with. Then, the kids can spend more time with friends and family. Also, when homework is done it causes kids to stress out when they can't figure out a problem. They should know their home as a quiet place to relax, instead of more work to be done.

• Yes homework should be optional

March 22
    In his March 20 Education column, “A parental benefit comes with homework for elementary school students,” Jay Mathews asserted that homework provides parents with insights into what their children are learning. Looking through the folders that students bring home in their backpacks would yield similar benefits. We can ask them what they are learning in school or, even better, ask them to show us what they are learning.

Mr. Mathews cited research that suggests that homework has no effect on the academic achievement of elementary school students. No subsequent study has significantly challenged those findings. Rather, some evidence suggests that elementary students fare better in the absence of homework [“A school banned homework. Its students thrived,” Metro, March 6]. In the absence of supportive research, subjecting students to homework would indeed make them “guinea pig[s] for a change that has yet to prove itself.”

Occasional meaningful assignments, such as choice book reports or student-directed science projects, are worthwhile, but nightly homework, if given at all, should be optional for elementary students. Children shouldn’t be shamed or penalized for choosing independent reading or even time with friends or family over compulsory worksheets.

• Practice is IMPORTANT

Me as a primary student,think that homework should NEVER EVER be banned.I have always get better and better marks in exams, from 93 out of 100 to 97. This is all because of homework.For example , the teacher taught a formula during class, and the student was doing other stuff. Giving the homework will then make sure that the student don't not know it.

• Homework should not be optional.

We need to fully understand the importance and purpose of it. Homework is practice of what teacher has taught. It is to check if you have learnt and fully understood the subject. Also, Homework is way more fun than schoolwork! The work is the same but you can drink soda and lounge on the sofa while doing work. Or eat tacos. Who doesn't like Tacos? Everyone should want Tacos. Everyone needs Tacos. Any ways back to the point, homework should not be optional. If it is optional, who would care about it anyway?

• Homework is stopping out side activities

Kids at my school do sports for the school and most I know don't get their homework done and have lunch detention. I do baseball and I can't get all my homework done. For people who say home work should not be optional I under stand that kids need to learn but they should only do homework on subjects that they need help with so they can eat, relax, hang out with friends, or get the sleep they need.

• Homework is actually important...

In my opinion, homework should only be optional if it is just extra review. Without homework, i would be failing most of my classes because of lack of understanding about the subject matter. Im 15, and as you get older, you need to put more work into school. It as easy as it seems now, but homework, no matter how much stress it puts on you... Is very important towards understanding what you are being tought.

• No ONE LIKES HOMEWORK

O o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o

• Johannes' state ment

Im a kid only 11 and i think you should not be able to choose if you want homework or not to be honest alot of kids in my class do there homework so i dont see the reason to make it an option and you will have less education -johannes

• To much stress

Ok, sometimes you have lots of chores to do, and not enough time to do your homework! So you shouldn't have to be stressed knowing that your homework is due the next day, in that case, just don't do it. That doesn't mean kids will NEVER have to do homework, it means, if they can't do it, they don't have to.

• Homework is important.

Homework is the thing that can boost your child's accuracy on reading, math, writing, science, vocabulary, and a lot of other things. If you want some child to get into the best schools, the more practice the better. I know that kids don't like homework, but you can't just always listen to the kid.

• No way in heck.

Homework is one thing that teachers can use to make sure you understand things once you're outside of the classroom. Wouldn't you have more stress from working at McDonald's? Really, can't you see that it helps you? I'm very knowledgable in most subjects, and no matter how many times I think that homework might be bad, I remember that I want to go to William & Mary.