• Homework should be minimalised

Piling students up with vast amounts of homework builds lots of stress for that student, because of this stress, students have a higher chance of being depressed which can lead to grades dropping and health issues. Also it should be minimalism because we already spend the majority of the day doing work so whats the point of doing it during our free time.

• Homework sucks period

Homework is a complete waste of time. The hours of time students spend on homework each day could be used for family time, or things that the kids love to do. We go to school for 7 hours a day, so why assign more work after taking up half our day?

• No homework ever

It bad for kids because it takes time alway form them when they could be spending time with their parents. And familys start to miss them and so do freinds. You only live as short life you sould have more fun because you become more social with people and your not a outcast.

• My pink xylophone has a tough time lactating

Donald Trump is to blame for this transgender. But anyways I think homework should be reduced for students because they are held down by homework every night. But Hillary Clinton had to mess everything up and run for president. Damn liberals. But anyways my xylophone can't lactate... I Love You

• There's just too much!

Homework should definitely be at least minimized so students have more time to spend with family, extra curricular activities, and less stress in their teenage lives. I don't think homework should be completely banned because it gives kids practice on what they are learning in school and creates good study habits, but I think it should be reduced so that school is where kids learn. Not hours of homework each day just because the teacher doesn't want to spend their time teaching it.

• I am a student and i get to much homework

I am a student and everyday i have a lot because my teacher always gives us a lot and she even gives us homework on the week and i have stuff to do i never have time to work it. So i think homework be reduced or even no homework.

• We do not need homework

It's a waste of time
    No one should have to stay up until 1 in the morning doing homework
    Too much stress
    Some people don't even do it which makes their grade not as good even if their smart. I think we just look at the problems and write down answers that look the best so that we don't have to sit there for 2 hours to figure it all out .

• We do not need homework

It's a waste of time
    Too much stress

• There should at least be some restrictions

I'm in the hardest classes at my high school and it's ridiculous how much homework I receive on a nightly basis. During sport seasons, I don't have 5 hours after school to finish it, so I often find myself desperately trying to complete it the period before it's due. Not only is a majority of it just useless, busy work, but it also prevents me from getting at least 7 hours of sleep each night. Let me tell you, it feels absolutely terrible waking up at 5 to finish a homework assignment before school; I also find it incredibly difficult to focus during the day and perform well on tests while running on 5-6 hours of sleep. What irritates me the most, is that there's absolutely no way my parents or grandparents had to work this hard just to receive a high school diploma. It's also really depressing and gives me anxiety because I have almost no time to hang out with any of my friends. I admit, there are some kids in the most remedial of classes who somehow manage to have no homework every night (my dad always sees them at the health club and asks me why I'm not there as well); however, there should still be at least some restrictions on the amount of homework my teachers can assign. I also remember hearing about how Finland has one of the best education systems in the world and almost no homework. When will teachers start doing their jobs and actually teach us stuff at school?UGGGG. Homework is killing my youth, a waste of my time, and overall just really depressing.

• Very inconveniant for kids

It is very hard for kids to finish all their assignments and many kids have to do multiple assignments for each subject. There are way too many things that are bad with homework. Just lowering assignments will be more beneficial than people might think, but everyone will benefit whether they know it or not

• No, why should it be?

The amount of time students spend on homework has been greatly overstated from my experience. I don't think it's as crippling a burden as they would like you to think that it is. While I don't see a need to increase the workload, I really don't see a need to lessen it either.

• Homework Steels Us for the World Ahead

The homework given is useful. Now, in the workforce, many science, technology, engineering, math and medicine jobs, (the ones where most Jobs in America are, and might I add are not able to be filled because our public school system is in terrible shape) take out hours from the lives of adults. Homework prepares us for the real world, where we have late nights, harsh bosses, and piles of paperwork. In reality, the work we are given isn't that much compared to what we'll get in college and in the world.

-Anonymous Eighth Grade Student

• It should be fine

Homework I feel is not a problem. If there is too much of it then that should be taken into consideration on a school by school basis. If there was too much, it would be noticeable in kids lives and they would be failing at other things because of spending too much time with homework.

• No, homework is necessary.

Homework provides a necessary element to the learning experience by making the child sit down and reason out the things they are learning on their own. You can sit and listen to lectures all day, but until you have wrestled with the material on your own you don't really understand it. Homework allows the student to bump up against the things they don't understand and that helps them to progress.

• Homework should be reduced

Homework should be reduced because kids maybe want to have more free time. For Example, if there friend asks them to hang out and you have to much homework then you are taking time from your social life.
    Kids also do not like homework and they want it to be reduced. As you can see, this is why homework should be reduced