Should homosexual people be allowed to legally adopt children?

• homosexual should not be able to adopt children.

homosexuals people should not adopt a child because if they do they might rape them and even bring them up to be homosexual just like them it also says in the bible man shall not sleep with man and woman shall not sleep with woman

• The APA, AMA, and the ABA

All have stated there is no empirical evidence to prove gay parents are any less fit than straight parents to adopt.
    In fact, there have been studies that have shown that children parented by lesbians are more likely to excel in school, and even more so in art and music.

• Freedom of love

A homosexual couple is capable of offering a child everything a heterosexual couple is bar breast feeding, and a great many of the latter use bottles. All prejudice in modern times is credited to two things; ignorance and religion, and in my view the latter is the same as the former.

• Yes, there is no scientific evidence to the contrary.

Research shows that children can be successfully raised by same-sex couple with no adverse effects that would not have been present if raised by parents of the opposite sex. Tradition is not sufficient evidence for discrimination. In these modern times we should be supporting all families and people with love and kindness, no matter what their sexual orientation.

• Uh, prejudice much?

There is no specific reason that shouldn't allow homosexual people, specifically, to start and raise a family. Raising children and starting a family is something that most people look forward to in life. Who has the right to take that privilege away from someone? That's not okay. If you take away the right to raise children from an entire group of people and name all of them incapable, that is prejudice, discriminating, and has no place in our democratic society. Also, I hear the argument, "If gay parents raise kids, won't their kids also end up gay?" What. The. ?? That argument makes no sense. With that logic, all straight parents raised straight kids, and if that were true, no body would even be discussing this right now.

• Gays want children too, you should respect that.

You can't decide whether someone can raise a child. The child would probably be better off with a gay couple rather than nothing. Perhaps a gay couple will raise an adopted child better than a heterosexual couple. It is not up to us to decide, I believe that maybe the children should be asked, obviously they can't have the deciding say. The government will have to be the ones to actually allow it, but it's only fair the child be asked.

• What research have you folks in the "no" group been looking at?

What study shows that kids raised in homosexual households are more likely to be homosexual? If there even is a legitimate, scientific study that states that, then I think it's because homosexual households tend to give the children an open mind about who they are. Gays do not push their views on their children. If you are raised in a heterosexual household, then those kids are more likely to fear being open about their homosexuality (If they are it). It has absolutely nothing to do with how you are raised that makes you either homosexual or heterosexual. It doesn't matter who your parents are. And so saying that a gay/lesbian couples shouldn't be allowed to raise a kid is ignorant and petty. They are people just like you. They deserve children if they want children.

• Homosexuals should be allowed to adopt children, as they can provide as happy and healthy a home as heterosexuals can.

A recent long-range study that made the news revealed that the most balanced and positive home environments were those run by lesbian couples. While this may not be the only factor to consider, it does underline the reality that homosexuals are fully capable of adopting children. To allow prejudice and ignorance to disallow adoption would be to deny orphaned or foster children to be raised by loving and caring parents.

Posted by: P3nrIin
  • Yes, it is fair.

As all human beings, they have the right to have a family. Therefore the fact that they are homosexual shouldn't be an opponent to their life. In addition, it is difficult for them already to find someone who can help in the production of having a baby for them so adopting is the best choice they have.

• Everyone is equal. No more, no less, of a human being.

Everyone should be able to adopt a child. If they truly wish that there is another spot for family then so be it. Many children are currently homeless and alone. If anyone, gay, lesbian, bisexual, or transsexual, wants to adopt a child, Let Them! It makes the couple and the child happy. The child will have a home and a real family. The couple will not effect the way the child wants to love. Everything happens for a reason. God says gays are preposterous? Well a talking snake is even more crazy and fake! God is controlling this Earth, he puts these people, together, in love, for a reason! If he didn't then why would the words: Gay, lesbian, transvestite, and bisexual, even exist?! I rest my case.

• Absolutely POSITIVELY NO

CHILDREN are conceived when sperm from a man and the ovum of a woman merge. Simple as that. Being gay is a choice therefore when you chose to be gay you also chose to give up the ability to create a life. Let children stay innocent. Don't infiltrate their pure little minds with your filth.

• I don't agree, although I feel I'm being forced to.

The one thing I dislike abut this question is that for putting no, people feel the need to get defensive and then call me all sorts of name because I'm a christian. Being a Christian doesn't effect my personal opinion because I've only been one for 2 years (I'm 22).
    I do feel like there is a pressure to put yes constantly in this society, because if you don't then are a bigot or whatever.
    I know people can't always help their feelings which is fair enough, but you are in a homosexual relationship and you must remember that has consequences. A child you adopt will have to face prejudice at school because they will be an easy target from other kids. They will be labelled and all sorts and i don't think that is fair. No one has said people in same sex relationships would be bad parents, but you WANT to have kids. It's all about want want and want. Marriage= a wedding between a man and woman. conception=happens after a man and woman give birth. There is no need to start changing everything and demand equal rights, because there isn't anything equal. I just it is pushing toward things that aren't necessary.

• It's all about the child.

A child needs both Mom and Dad... Not two Moms, and not two Dads. A father can never make up for the place of a mother. This subjects is usually about the couple, but we need to stop and remember the child. The child needs both parents to have a healthy house. Being raised by two dads or two moms is no different than living in a divorced house... You have plenty of one parent, but none of the other.

• It is wrong

It clearly states in the Bible to be homosexual is wrong. God created women and men to love one another that is why in the begining there was only one man and one woman. Having gay parents could cause the child to question his/her sexual orientation where as if they had a mother and a father they would less likely question themselves. I understand that they are humans too and they deserve equal rights. But when the step out of the norm they have entered their own state of equalisim because they have taken the equal right of being married and made it into their own favor instead of the way we were made to love.

• Some find it to be morally wrong.

 To grow up to be well-balanced adults, children need role models of both sexes. Boys without fathers under-achieve, especially since there are now fewer male teachers in primary schools.
     We are a 'Christian' country - even if few go to church, our values remain based on Christian teaching. Two parents are axiomatic - 'Honor thy father and mother' invokes the Fifth Commandment.
     Children raised by gay parents are offered only one partnership model and are therefore (some argue) more likely to be gay.
     If Roman Catholic adoption agencies close rather than allow gay couples to adopt, the number of adopted children will decline, leaving more in the unsatisfactory care system.
     Some areas of life cannot be legislated for and must be left to individual conscience. A sufficiently large minority simply find gay parenting 'wrong'; the practice therefore should not be enforced on all.

• I feel so bad for those kids

You have got to be kidding me. The second other kids found out that a schoolmate has two gay dads who are probably mentally devIant that's it!, open the bullying floodgate. I mean men can be gay sure, but in the real world they are selfish for wanting to raise children

• I Have To Say That So Far Nobody Has Provided Geniune Answer From Both Sides

How Many Pedophiles Does God Have To Create Before We Accept Them? (Mm! same as homosexuals). According to the bible and the Qur'an, Homosexuality is looked upon as a "Sin". Why would then God create Gays or Pedophiles ? The logic: He already must have decided that they are going to hell without even bothering to wait for the 'Judgement Day'. For example: If you had a son who is born homosexual, how would you feel if you went to heaven and he went to hell? Religion is a man made creation (illogical fallacy). Having said that GOD does exists but will never know anything about him EVER. Moreover a logical question for the religious community: Why would God wait for the Judgement Day? ( An omnibenevolent, omnipresent, omnipotent, omniscient being). He should already assign to each individual a Hell or Heaven option without the illogical testing procedure as he can foresee who is Bad or Good. ( "Free will" is unsound since God has the power to see the future ). Is god playing a game with us? Answer. No. Conclusion: All religious belief systems are WRONG.

Homosexuality should be accepted into the world civilization.

Criteria and rights:

1. Marriage in specialized institution

2. Human rights as enjoyed by all human race

3. No same-sex child care option: Argument to support this claim: ( We'll obviously use the natural argument i.e ( Existence of some Homosexual spices in the Animal kingdom - It is natural why don't we accept it?).
    Question: Why in the animal kindgdom there is no a single evidence where a heterosexual animal couple entrusts a child or an infant to another homosexual couple ( No evidence in any specie ). Conclusion: There MUST be a biological balance and harmony. If homosexuals can produce a child then it is considered natural ( infertile is different - willing but unable biologically (born with disability)). As harsh as it may sound this is the reality ( Air and water is reality! try to change?). Man + Woman = child. (Infertile = Man + Women = no child). However adoption is acceptable. It still maintains the important biological balance in nature which is the Man + Women equation. Mother and father provide different and unique love and are naturally able to produce a child by their natural harmony with the bio system in place).

• Homosexuals should not be allowed to adopt a child no matter what.

When God created the world he created a man and a woman. He also made the Male Private part to insert into the Female's comfortably. He also made them go hand in hand on being able to create a next human being. That clearly state that a relationship should only consist of a man and woman especially if a child is involve. God DOES NOT LIKE THE SIN OF HOMOSEXUALS. My Pastor always say she love people she just dont like the sin their in. The same with me. I dont believe people were born that way I believe that it is a spirit and I HATE IT.Thats why I dont belive that a child should be bought into that mess!

• No HomoSexuals should not be allowed to adopt children.

I believe that if they are not able to bring the child into this world they should not be allow to have a chance to persuaade the child's over all view on their life. Because if they are raised by homosexuals parents they are more likely to become homosexuals themselves.

• No Gay Adoption

it's against God original plan. When we get out of His plan we screw things up. That's why the world is just getting worse. It also affects the child emotionally. It confuses them as to who they are and their identity. Society will also treat them differently. They will have psychological problems.

Anonymous says2013-03-28T21:16:30.903
In My inter Life I read so much about homosexual Rights and as a person who supports that we are all human's, and anyone should have a life like anyone else, for the first time i will say, that i don't supports homosexual people to be allowed legally to adopt children!! And under that children's should have a good life, i think they will not grow old feeling the same as children's who raised by both sex couples ! ! Which is not fair for any child!
Anonymous says2013-04-04T15:40:31.447
Yes I think they should be able to adopt a child because they want a family just like the ppl who are not gay .. I mean I have nothing against gay ppl at all I feel if they want to be that way let them be that way I mean we all sin in some type of way everyday but when God calls them home then they will have to answer to that's its not your option about the sexual like or what sex they like or wanna be with .. Just worry about yourself and you will find life more better for you but yes I think gay adoption should be legal because everyone wants to be happy in life .
Anonymous says2013-04-13T22:34:43.050
At the Heart of it all...I'm a Child, I have had the worst Start in life, what do you find me? At the very Basic...Give me a Mum and Dad...As an adult, I want to be able to have a Mum and a Dad, nevermind your Gay view for your own Sexual realationships, Where what I want get Lost in all of This...We Need mothers and fathers

Anonymous says2013-04-25T04:55:31.407
Every one deserves a parent including the orphans they wont care if their parents are gay or not im not a homophobe but there also some very bad things about it to like the child getting bullied thats not right for a thing like that. people who think that it is a sin to be a homosexual should get told the right thing beacause it is not in the bible dabout homosexuality being a sin i dont even know if homosexuality is a word but the thing im trying to get at is homosexuals are the same as us! ther are way to many orphans in the world who are waiting to be love and many gay people out there who are looking for children to love. there are also to many children being aborted every year due to unwanted pregnancies. there are even children out there who are being abused. if we let gays adopt we can raise the welfare and lower the orphan rate. it bugs me when people judge people for their way of life because i bet you anything if the tables were turned they would hate it so i say let the Gays Adopt ! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)