• If a student has social anxiety that hood could help them get through they day to day activities students go to

Some students, like myself, have sever social anxiety and going through the day to day life of a student can be taxing and can even cause multiple panic attacks and if a single hood on their head can help them by "hiding behind it" so they feel as if they have something protecting them from other students and their cruel judgment then by all means they should be aloud to have a hood

• The consequences of banning hoods

Say we do ban hoods, after this probably all child hoodies wouldn't be able to sell, this would be a serious impact towards many clothing companies, since many of them have a lot of hoodies in stock also, coats with hoodies will also have serious trouble selling. Banning Hoodies in school also means no letting hoodies sell at all.

• What is the distraction about wearing a hood?

If it is apart of my clothing then I should be able to wear it. That is like saying girls shouldn't be allowed to wear yoga pants. It all depends on who you are and why you have such grudge against hoods. If you don't like them then don't look at them.

• YES we should

I think we should be able to have hood in school, or at least have them in the hallways because what if kids are getting bullied. Sometimes they just don't want to be seen by the person/people. They don't want to get bullied during passing time, so what do they do? Well they may think that they should go to a different school and that would give the school a bad grade, which would affect the district

• Hoods Should be Allowed

Whatever the reason, Schools have started to ban hoods, With little to no reasoning.
    Listening to music seems to be the reason, yet this would be the same result as wearing a long sleeved shirts. Schools worry that this might 'distract' another student.
    Another issue is that many schools had allowed them in the past with no further issues. They bribe us into not wearing them now with, "If you All are good, We will allow them later into the year". Here we are, End of year, Still banned hoods.
    Many jackets with the same insulation of hoods, but without hoods, are hard to find. Many stores have hoods targeting many of the schools without the ban. But very rarely have hood-less jackets.
    Many hoods are also able to be tucked in, with no issues, I have walked around school. Had the 'hood police' come and check, have come back the next day and told to take it off. Along with a threat for detention.
    I understand there is a thing about looking professional, however there is a difference between wearing a hood, and having your pants sagging, It happens in schools.

• Hoodies Are not the issue

Whatever the reason, Schools have started to ban hoodies, With little to no reasoning.
    Listening to music seems to be the reason, yet this would be the same result as wearing a long sleeved shirts.
    Another issue is that many schools had allowed them in the past with no further issues. They bribe us into not wearing them now with, "If you All are good, We will allow them later into the year". Here we are, End of year, Still banned hoodies.
    Many jackets with the same insulation of hoodies, but without hoods, are hard to find. Many stores have hoodies targeting many of the schools without the ban. But very rarely have hood-less jackets.

• What's the difference?

OK, say we ban hoodies, that won' stop a school shooter, and it's not like you can hide a pistol or a weapon in your hood. I should know about school shootings because I was in one. My best friend was badly injured, and the shooter himself didn't have a hood on. I get where their coming from with the hoodie ban and identity concealing, but correct me if I'm wrong, but we are humans, and we have the right to sag our jeans and wear a hoodie, on or off our heads.

• Love the hoodies

All of my teachers hate hoodies but my ears are coooollddd and i ah hurt we need to have hoodies to be comfortable and warm in class a lot of children have social anxiety and dont feel comfortable so they decide to hide behind the hoodie this. Isnt. Fair...... ..

• Hoods help kids feel better

Hoods make kids feel safe. If a kid is in the halls about to cry, A hood is great. And, why not? The hoods don't do anything bad. I am sorry you care more about how "respectful" your school looks, than the feelings of your students. Schools focus more on unimportant things.

• Kids need freedom

Nobody likes to be told what to do. Even though you think not wearing hoods is a great idea, think again. For a start, some kids just want to wear a hood to annoy the teacher. And even though that sounds like it should be in the "no" section, kids think its fun. I could write a million more things here, but I know many people already know that people need hoods and wrote them all. Thank you.

• School Safety issue

Not only is it disrespectful but identification is an issue with a hoodie on. To many non school activities happening that teachers and cameras need to see who and what is happening. Faces need to been seen at all times. After being told over a 100 times a year.. You would think the kids would get it!!

• It is up to the school or district.

In my lifetime A LOT of fights have happen over hoods.For example, kids r immature and they will put stuff in other peoples hood. Even if a fight arises and one person has a hood on the other person doesn't, the person that doesn't would go straight. Sooooooo....... That is why i think there should be hoodies in schools.

• It affects criminal mindset

Criminals, like gang members or others, wear something that will hide their identity. A hood is one of those things. A person, student or stranger, who wears a hood at school could hardly be identified because his head is covered. Consequently, that person can accomplish a crime (stealing, etc) with ease and confidence because he knows that he may not be identified.

But if we disallow hoods at school, the chances for above-mentioned scenario to happen are decreased, because people would think twice without hood in their head.

• You should be able to wear hoodies in school

Some people be leave that if they have a special hoodie or jacket they might do something out of the ordinary something that they don't normally do like get a 100% on a test or get better grades in all of their class,but its all in their head that if they don't have it on they might do bad and get bad grades

• It's up to the school

It's about appearance, decency, looking professional, etc. I'm sure most people can agree that hoods are far from professional. Besides, why would you want to have your hood on indoors anyway.

P.S. I'm pretty sure most schools don't allow yoga pants. There a time and place for having your ass popping out or looking like a thug, and school just isn't one of them.

• How is this act disrespectful?

Hoods are apart of a clothing item. I do not see how this is such a disrespectful act. My face is clearly visible and i can still learn properly and participate just as well. Teachers think students may be smuggling things under hoods such as illegal items but if that were the case, they would clearly be visible. Teachers need to realize that every student in a public school in America should have the right to wear hoods. Nobody pays attention to the back or top of my head like WTF!!!

• It affects criminal mindset

• Hoodies Are not the issue

• Respectful high expectations

We are suppose to aim higher and be prepared for work when leaving school. How will we know how to dress properly for high end jobs if we have wore a hoody all our days. Couldn't see a public school wearing hoodies and they are the ones that get the jobs. We should aim higher and look smarter also dressing smarter makes us feel a little smarter

• School is about learning and promoting a learning environment. .

If you read many of the "pro" reasons provided they are about shutting out the outside world- that is now what school is about. Teachers want to make sure children are engaged, paying attention , listening (no ear buds) , making eye contact...All of which can he hampered by wearing a hood

farthead says2014-09-23T19:46:47.103
Not in class, though.