• Sometimes animals need to die

Horses may need to be slaughtered for a variety of reasons.
    As long as it is done humanely, and for a purpose, I see no problem with it.
    Putting animal "needs" above the needs of humans is counterproductive, and to you I say "Survival of the fittest."
    Three More Words.

• We kill everything else:

Horses are animals. Humans kill and eat animals. Humans may as well kill and eat horses too. If we are basing it solely on intellect alone then why not just kill and eat housepets? Most are dumber than other farmed animals. Humans are silly. So silly they are yes? Yes.

• We slaughter other animals, as long as it is done humanely it should be allowed

Law should be based on facts, not emotional sentiment. If we draw lines and say "this animal is OK to kill" and "this one is not" it has to be based on either endangered species status or on the animal's intelligent. It is proven horses are less intelligent than pigs. In fact dogs are less intelligent than pigs. So also for dogs, while I find the idea of dog meat personally disgusting I see no justification for me to support the use of force and imprisonment against people who make, sell, and eat dog meat (as long as it is their own property and the slaughter is conducted using the same rules of humane slaughter as for other animals). If I did it would either make me a hypocrite if I based my argument on the dog's intelligence (since I eat pork), or it would make me someone who supports the use of force for purely emotional reasons and then I would be supporting a world where it is OK to engage in force based on your emotions and such a world is a world of chaos.

• Noooooo no no no no non ononono nno noo no no no no

No no no no no no no nono no no n o N O NO NO NO NO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO no no no no no no n o no no no non non on on no no non no no non no no no n on no no no noooo no

• Horse slaughter is terrible and can not be justified

Horses are living animals and deserve the right to live. I do not own horses and I am not a vegan/vegetarian yet I still think it is terrible to horses. There is a difference between cows and horses. Horses are ten times smarter than any other cow or chicken. They can be used for other reasons other than slaughter. They can bring human companionship. They are no different than dogs or cats. So ask yourself this, would you eat your dog or cat? I didn't think so. Some might say it is fine as long as the animals don't suffer. They are killing them. THEY ARE KILLING THEM! So what if they aren't suffering? THEY ARE DEAD! So if you still want living beings to die, go ahead and continue to think it is fine to eat horses. A good quality in life is to realize you are not the only living being out there.

• Of Course Not!!

We as humans have a vast variety of meats that we consume, but horse meat is not one of them. Horses are apart of out history in which they have helped us to fight wars, build our great nation, and even helped us produce food by plowing our fields. That is just the tip of the iceburg in which they have contributed to humanity and to turn around and slaughter them would, in my opinion, be treason. Horses, have been with us throughout history and still continue to help us shape it. When I look at a horse, I see shivelry and beauty, not a damn ribeye.

• You kill this YOU ARE A MURDER!!!

You just killed a living thing. If a horse dies, this is what it feels like. Close your eyes a little. You were eating grass. Then sudenly, you saw your farmers coming. You thought it was your racing time but suddenly, the sound of air racing to you then a split second, medal was in you. Then, you died. See? This is horror