• It's too creepy.

Yes, human cloning should be banned, because there are so many issues that come along with human cloning that are ethically questionable. A person who is cloned is probably in for a life of torture along with having to work out many psychological issues about the purpose of their existence.

• Yes, human cloning should be banned.

I believe that human cloning should be banned. I think that such an act creates a lot of moral and ethical issues. Sombody who is made by way of cloning can have some issues with their mental and emotional state. I do think that we should study it more before we make a decision.

• For Now, Yes

I believe we posses the technology to clone humans, however I don't think we have really answered the moral and ethical questions that comes with cloning. I think moving forward, before doing this, will lead to disaster. I think we will see a lot of ethical dilemmas and moral problems in the future, not to mention issues with rights, as well.

• Human cloning should be banned now!!!

I support crystalkes comment.
    In some known experiments, cloned animals are born dead or deformed. In addition, human cloning will bring some social and moral problems. It will be quite difficult to distinguish the copy with original person. What's more, human cloning may produce some abnormal children , which will be noting but a disaster to us.

• human cloning should be banned now

Human cloning should be banned,at least now,for it is unsafe and has a high rate of failure.In some known exreiments,cloned animals are born dead or deformed.In addition,human cloning will bring some social and moral problems.It will be quite difficult to distinguish the copy with original person.What's more,human cloning may produce some abnormal kingdred,which will be noting but a disaster to us.

• An unbalanced ecosystem would likely occur.

The chances of that happening are pretty high: Plant transfers have caused huge problems, like the English Ivy. Plus, humans are already dealing with overpopulation and starvation, cloning more humans would ruin everything by making overpopulation even more common. Having too many pets won't help either; we need more food to feed them! People are complaining over ethical issues: "Oh it would be weird!" That is not the most of our issues though. We still have much more to worry about than our ego. Overtime, things become cheaper, so livestock and animals in general could easily be cloned, the issue here is that, eventually, animals will probably become a main part of war. We are whining about a bad president, with so many more humans, it would be a waste of time. It would take about 30 years for human clones to become useful in any way. And in that time, it would take tons and tons of food! Plus it wouldn't help for drinking water either. I am sorry, but I don't find that human (or animal cloning) would be beneficial to humans at our current point in time.

• Blahh bla bla

Dont let the revolutoinary war start over agian if this happens someone would clone the president and then he would make bad decisions and the poeple would not like it and go against him start riots and bring the revolutoinary war back donlt let cloning be aloud stop it and keep the real president hear

• Blahh bla bla

• Yes human cloning should be banned......NOW!

Human cloning is not the best at all. I'll admit that we have the technology to do so but that does not mean we have to use it. If it does work, the person this experiment is being tested on could have many problems. They are risking their lives. Also, why make another one of you if there is already one of you. There shouldn't be anyone one that is exactly like you

• Not appropriate finances.

In 1996, Dolly the Sheep was semi-successfully cloned, and only lived for 7 years. It cost nearly $750,000 just to clone a single sheep. To clone a human it would cost an estimated $2 million. Not worth it fora genetically identical twin. I am not saying human lives are not worth $2 million, I am just saying for a clone, somebody the same as the person they are cloned from, it isn't worth it.

• Animals are friends.

We need to care for our pets as animals would for their young. If we abuse that then we are just creating a wall between us and the relationship of our pets. Don't use animals for tests and other reasons unknown leave them alone and find other subjects for your stupid research!

• Carefully watched, yes. Banned, no.

Human cloning can provide a lot of advancements to medical science. To ban it out of some knee-jerk fear is to deny ourselves all of these potential great advancements. Society in general, and the advancement of medicine in particular, will only suffer if people allow their fears, religious beliefs, or other such irrational criteria to dictate the direction of research into human cloning.

• No, human cloning should not be banned

The very term "human cloning" brings about thoughts of zombie bodies running loose, or of body-part farms, and cheap work forces. But cloning itself has many beneficial applications to the medical community and to pure research facilities so that I think it of course should be monitored but allowed. I do believe that our scientists are not "mad" scientists and within their own communities they oversee and place restrictions on work that is unethical.

• No, human cloning should not be banned based on fear.

The process of researching human cloning should be transparent and closely monitored, but it should not be banned completely. There are such amazing possibilities in the fields of genetics and cloning and banning research before we can even scratch the surface of those possibilities would be detrimental to society. While the abuses of those technologies can have grave consequences, I have faith in society's will and ability to find and stop such abuses.

• It will naturally cause issues

Even though the idea of human cloning has always interested me a great deal, the more I think of it, the more I feel it should be banned. Human cloning could only lead to issues within people and their relationships. Besides, if we can clone humans, who knows what else?

• Not at all.

I think that if we want to experiment at human cloning than we should just go ahead. The potential of being able to do this is so huge that it will likely benefit us in the future. Of course, I dont think we will be able to do it for a long time.

• No

My main objection to cloning is not the morality issue but that cloning is idiotic. The reason we have thrived as a species is that sexual reproduction is a more successful strategy than asexual reproduction because it mixes and matches genes. Cloning is voluntary asexual reproduction. In cloning, reproductively we're turning ourselves into amoeba. I don't think we'll ever have enough knowledge to consciously guide human development in the right direction. Even worse, the idea of cloning is built on a myth. Given that we are formed by both nature and nurture, another person with your genes is going to be you. It's an insane alliance of vanity, egoism and science.

• It can help

Human cloning is fine as long as the person being cloned is doing it out of their own free will. The clones can be used as 'donors' for the original, as the rate of compatibility would be very close or even 100%. Cloning itself is not essentially bad. It can help advance research in many ways.

• Cloning is amazing

Cloning can lead to more knowledge. We can attempt again and again, changing every little detail until we can perfect cloning and can one day help to save a dying person's life.We would then no longer need to donate certain organs because we would just be able to clone a use-able one.

• Human Cloning should not be banned

Many people, like few of my fellow friends, who oppose the topic of human cloning are mostly misinformed and therefore have given it a bad stereotype. It is, usually, that they think the clones won't have a different or a unique personality and would grow up to become like their donors. However, this is not the case.The relationship between an 'original' and a clone is like that between identical twins raised apart; with the same DNA but little of the same environment.

Human cloning could not only provide our society the answer to shortage of organ donations but also medical advances that could be made by researching through the the clone, the diagnosis of certain diseases.