• Social Life Problems

If all my friends and family are gone or all my friends are gone and I'm just sitting in a nursing home, waiting to die alone, I would wish they didn't even think of prolonging my life span.

. . . . . . . (I ran out of words.)

• Social Life Problems

. . . . . . . (I ran out of words.)

• Yes, it's something most people would want.

Humans should attempt to prolong our lifespan if we can do so and be assured of some sort of quality of existence. We actually are currently attempting to prolong our life spans by committing to medical research and efforts to preserve the environment. We all benefit from these things. Who wouldn't want to live longer to see their children and grandchildren progress through their lives?

• It's In Our Nature

I'm not sure this is a should question, so much as 'will it happen.' People want to live longer. In general, people will always want to prolong life, as long as it is a happy and healthy one. Therefore, it is pretty inevitable that humans will look to science and medicine to help us live longer lives.

• We Should

I think that humans should attempt to prolong lifespan. Everyone only gets one life, so why not live and enjoy it as long as possible? People living long also helps out society in several ways. Living individuals pump money into the economy and if they're old they have to use health services.

• I don't believe humans should attempt to prolong life.

Life is a privilege. Everybody approximately has the same chance to live. That's what makes life great. If you could exist nearly indefinitely, life would become dull. It could be paralleled to a person being so rich that he/she can buy anything. This person may no longer have challenges/accomplishments to make since he practically owns anything that could exist. There is also the problem of "the right people" who get to live longer. It would seem to me that only rich people could live longer and not the poor. So I think we should leave it as it is and let probability decide who lives, and who dies.

• Dignity for the person and common sense for the environment

Living past the time when one has dignity, freedom from pain, and quality of life is terribly sad. And we are indeed taxing the planet beyond its capacity as it is. I think that often people prolong the lives of their loved ones when they, themselves, would not choose this for themselves.

• Life and death are opposites

That being said, you cant have one without the other. People need to come to terms with the fact we are destroying the earth and prolonging life would only add to this. The rich would become richer and even basically immortal while the poor all die away and are left with nothing, fuck the system

• Life and death are opposites

• Life and death are opposites

• Life and death are opposites

• Life and death are opposites

• No recourses left

If we us all the recourses we have we won't live that much longer. Earth is old and we have taken loads of it's recourses, problem is that if the sources don't replenish fast enough, then again I will say we won't live to long after that. I'm in fifth grade and I know that this could happen! That is my reasoning.

• There is no unselfish reason to prolong a typical life span

The environment can not keep up with the growing population. The way average people spend their time (ex. Endless hours on electronic devices) do not justify the environmental waste that is created. 90% of the population do not live life to the fullest (does not mean indulgence of pleasantries).
    In fact, one can hardly even justify life being meaningful on a daily basis (is ending the life of a cow justified in the reason why you eat beef?).
    When human don't need to pay the immediate price for the waste they create during their life span, they live happily protected by willful ignorance.

• Social Life Problems

. . . . . . . (I ran out of words.)