• We are Basically Already Micro chipped

If you own a phone, a credit/debit card, have any sort of social media account, you realize that the government has the ability to track your almost every move, right? The government doesn't care where you go, how you spend your money, what you do with your time as long as you're not doing anything illegal. With today's technologies growing exponentially, I believe that an RFID microchip would be beneficial society in many ways such as reducing identity theft risk and finding someone if they are missing or a criminal.

• Pros for microchip implants

It will let us find are missing children and find criminals and our missing pets that we love and would miss so much and also it could be used for finding bad diseases or tumors or internal bleeding problems before some one can die from it. With out micro chip implants the world would not be a better place. Say yes for the children of now and tomorrow - Elizabeth Smith

• Good things can come out of this...

The simple act of inserting a microchip can have positive outcomes. It can enhance our criminal justice system, prevent terrorists from entering our country, and improve medical care. A GPS function could track missing kids or criminals. Microchips would be way more effective than finger print scanning or identification cards.

• Implanted microchips can do good

While most people see the implanting of microchips in humans as another way for the government to keep an eye on their people. There are positives to this process. Amber alerts would not be necessary if they included gps. There would be no need to wait for doctors offices to wait for records to be transferred, just scan the chip. With all things there are disadvantages but there are so many positives to implanting chips.

• It can make life easier

With biotechnology such as the implant it can help with thing such as medical prescriptions, public transport, money, security, communication, insurance, crime prevention, healthcare, wellbeing, education, time management, social life, travel, work, voting records and personal history we need this as a means of improving every day life and these implants can help.

• Fights criminals and protects the Innocent. It’s kinda like Batman.

24/7 position tracking would eliminate property crime, decrease violent crime, , provide alibis for the innocent.

Kinda hard to get away with property crime whenever a timeline can be established for when the crime took place. Even easier to figure out timeline for violent crime. Home alarms could be triggered simply by presence on property of unknown chip.

If it wasn’t you, hard data to back it up.

• There would be a decrease in people going missing for a very long period of time.

If a microchip as implanted in us, imagine how many people would still be alive. Life is beautiful, and we shouldn't take that life out of our eyes. If people were getting them implanted, then I wonder, how many lives would it save in just a week? Even though people say it just is an invasion of privacy, why would you throw away your life because of protest and arguments? Even if they are tracking us down, I'm sure that the government would have to create new laws.

• Its an option

Its not like people or "the government" are forcing you to get an implant. If someone got lost and the woods and they died you would feel like an idiot for not getting a chip. If you had one they could easily find you. I'm also pretty sure if everybody started getting the implants the government would have to create new laws on restricting them from tracking us.

• Privacy invasion? I think not.

The subject is very broad. I think most likely the microchips I'm talking about are for information and tracking. Now, with microchips, even when your unconscious in doctors can see your medical info. IT can save their lives. Now I see many people thinking of ones who manipulate your brain... What? First, we are not even CLOSE to mapping out the brain to do so... To put in perspective. The most powerful computer in the world can only manage to do a fifth of that. To manage personal information is actually pretty safe. Your credit card is more hackable than that chip. For pretty good reasons, most viruses are ejected by connection or wireless access. The only way it could get hacked. Were if the person replaced the station where the information would be read. Even then, it would be safer than your credit card. Privacy is safe, but location services? Your phone is being tracked, even your car, and you surely might be too. A microchip by the government is more likely to be placed in active military personnel to track and recover bodies. Why would they bother hacking a private company, with a chance of getting caught and losing funding? For simple few individuals? Bad people, "bad people can hack it and/or use it for bad ways"-- I even saw someone say "Except for those really dumb criminals, they'll find a way to block the signal, extract it, or manipulate it. Or, you know, just kill their target before anyone knows they're gone." What the heck. First, signals-- even the most simple of signals are encrypted. And unless they full body scan you with a metal detector for something the size of a grain of rice and/or they try to intercept and determine if its the radio tower, the verizon wireless tower, or anything that can send signals. I don't think anyone that kidnaps you would even consider a microchip. Lastly, health. The main thing. It is the size of a grain of rice. You know some of the things we put into our bodies? Like in the joints, bones, ribs, and your back? I have a 6 inch titanium bolt going through my leg. I don't think a tiny chip the size of a grain of rice is going to do anything.

• Mark of the Beast

Like it or not its what it is. Also let's get one thing straight I am a college educated software engineer with a background in network programming. If you take a look at IPv6 and the amount of IP addresses available with this protocol a reasonable person of basic cognitive thinking can deduce this is dangerous territory. But most will buy into this out of "convenience"...Sad.

• The Truth about microchipping

As I read through the comments above I am seeing a lot of excitement and a lot of fear. Here’s the deal: I believe that microchipping is not a good idea. Not because of any surgery, (it’s my understanding that it’s more like getting a flu shot rather than a surgery), not because of the ability to be hacked (although that is certainly a credible fear-just look at phones for proof and think of the information stored there and what you do/send there), and not because of the government tracking our every move (because they already do through our phones).
    I don’t want to sound like a religious nut, so please don’t tune me out. This is what I believe: some day soon (maybe our generation) there will be a person who will look at our messed up world and tell you and me that they have the answer. This person will oh so kindly and humbly take the position of leadership a little at a time, until it is normal to us for the individual to tell us, or perhaps “give their suggestion” on what we should do or the way we should think about things. This person will promote world peace, one world religion, and one world government so that we will all get along with each other. Please believe me— This person is lying to you! They will seem so good, and amazing. But it is a lie!
    After the individual has gained your trust and done so much of what they promised, this person will tell you, “I gave you my loyalty. Won’t you give me yours?” That microchip that you will have in your hand will be programmed by the one world government to show the individual’s number or name. This person likely won’t need to tell you because you will already know that you can only pay for your food and your doctor with this chip.
    Listen, I know these verses below sound so outrageous that they can’t be true, but that’s the thing. Evil looks good. Evil feels right. At least only when you’re first introduced. But eventually, when you’re fully on board, it comes back around and causes more pain than you imagined possible. That’s when you look back and ask, “How did I end up here?” Please just read these verses with an open mind. “It (the beast, or the individual who came at the beginning) also forced all people, great and small, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hands or on their foreheads, so that they could not buy or sell unless they had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of its name. This calls for wisdom. Let the person who has insight calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man. That number is 666.” Revelation 13:16-18. Try multiplying the number. You’ll get 216.
    Please check out the Bible and consider!

• No no no

Its only pain The only thing that these chips are gonna do is cause you pain they are somehow make you go through surgery and stick metal in there with Achilles that will make you sore and have some bunch of strangers stalk you its as scary as a fat man going down your chi-many and eat all your cookies i say no

• It suck to dothis

Santa
    To all our readers in the U.S., We will get straight to the point: This Thursday we ask you to protect Wikipedia's independence. Time is running out in 2017 to help us. We depend on donations averaging about $15. Only a tiny portion of our readers give. If everyone reading this gave $3, we could keep Wikipedia thriving for years to come. The price of your Thursday coffee is all we need. When I made Wikipedia a non-profit, people warned me I’d regret it. Over a decade later, it’s the only top ten site run by a non-profit and a community of volunteers. Has it crossed my mind how much we could have made if it had ads? Sure. But it wouldn’t be the same. We wouldn’t trust it. Most people ignore my messages. But I hope you’ll think about how useful it is to have unlimited access to reliable, neutral information. Please help keep Wikipedia

• Its only pain

The only thing that these chips are gonna do is cause you pain they are somehow make you go through surgery and stick metal in there with chimacles that will make you sore and have some bunch of strangers stalk you its as scary as a fat man going down your chi-many and eat all your cookies i say no

• There is a lot of bad things to this

First of all it is a invasion of privacy the government will be monitoring wherever you go oh great. We will be like giving up rights by getting this chip. It sends radio active waves every second. Guess what it can cause diseases like cancer. You will have to go through surgery to thing and many things can wrong with surgery.Oh and people can hack into your chip so the goverment won't be the only one monitering you.

• This is an invasion of personal privacy!

Monitoring a person 24/7 against their would be considered stalking in my eyes. Sure, less people would go missing but let's face facts, not a lot of people want all of the things they do to be monitored. Sometimes we make embarrassing mistakes, and no one wants others to know of any embarrassing mistake they might have made.

P.S, at this specific time, invasion of personal privacy is a federal crime.

• The potential for corruption is huge and attractive.

I put this to you, what if control of the chip that is inside of your body is gained by extortionists, and they inform you that, if you don't pay them money each month or week they will deny you access to everything that is connected to the chip. You will say I will just get the chip removed, that will take time, and in that time your car won't start, you cant get into your home, you can't get on the train or bus, and if you have no money, how will you pay the doctor to remove the chip. Just don't do it, and heaven help us if the Government of the time makes chip insertion mandatory.

• How many more rights are you all willing to give up

Just say no .We have a corrupt government.We have corrupt law enforcement.And it goes against the holy Bible. Against God himself. And it is so wrong .It is a way to control people. And in my opinion it will cause more deaths people killing others for the chip.What more do I need to say

• I dont trust it for more than one reason. There are too many unknowns.

(before i say anything i would first like to point you towards Game Theories video on hacking and how simple it is for people to copy and replicate the things pictured in the game watchdogs. Its really eye opening.)

Firstly i would like to say we don't even know what is in these microchips or RFID chips as they are called. All i know is that there is some kind of battery in these devices as well as with an antenna and other things. Hypothetically lets say it is defective or poorly made and somehow overheats or bursts. What effect would this have on your body. This inserted defective chip would certainly have harmful chemicals in them and would most likely be near a blood stream (it is under your skin after all). How would this effect your body? I guarantee some of these chemicals would go down the bloodstream to a degree and in the end you would most likely end up with a terrible loathsome sore where the device is implanted (chemical burns). And you want me to put this thing into my hand or arm. Thank you but I think i'll pass. I know there is the point that animals are injected with these things and they are fine with no issues ... However the life span of an animal is 5 - 15 years and the life span for these devices are unknown ... Also How durable are these things? What kind of tempetures can they sustain undamaged? Surely they would degrade over time with circumstance and would eventually cause some issues in your body when they fail. On another note when you get a splinter the body fights to get the splinter out, this device would be injected the same way. How would it differ from a splinter? Seems to me that the body would fight this thing and would actually weaken your bodies immune system. Human bodies are different from an animals.

On top of this we truely don't know anything in relation to if they can be hacked, tracked, or anything about the security of the device. I know there are benefits to this with a small benefit of using it to buy and sell things but how far will people want to go in order to have this small convenience. It's absolutely appalling that this question is being raised.

In closing i think it is important to mention another small case stated on some christian sights where some of them are also calling this little thing "the mark of the beast". Where this injection will eventually become mandatory for all just to be able to buy and sell things. All things considered with society changing and physical money slowly vanishing away... And seeing credit cards now being a main way to buy things. I wouldn't be surprised if after money is all but gone, things would quickly change from using a credit card to having to swipe your hand to buy things.