Should humans have a lot of belongings even though we can't take them with us to the afterlife?

• Yes, because our belongings are useful as well as pleasant

Our belongings are necessary as well as pleasurable. Try
    living without a cooking pot, or eating without dishes and implements. Try walking
    on hot pavement without shoes, or going to work without clothes. Doing without
    belongings because you won’t need them someday is like using a cane now because
    you will need it later on. We are alive now, and we should enjoy life and all
    it brings us.

• Yes, humans should have a lot of belongings regardless.

I think that humans should have a lot of belonging despite the fact that we can't take them with us when we die. I think that humans should have the right to acquire a lot of personal belongings if they decide that they want to do that. It shouldn't be something restricted due to peronal beliefs.

• I don't understand why we need so many things.

No, we should not have a lot of belongings. I find it so hard to understand why we have to own so many "things". It's like we live in constant clutter. I agree with the trend to smaller houses and less possessions. After all, when we die, almost everything we own will be handed over to an auctioneer and sold for a very small portion of what we paid for it.

• Humans should not have a lot of belongings because they can't take them into the afterlife.

Humans should not have a lot of belongings because they can't take them into the afterlife. Humans should have a moral standard for limiting the amount of personal wealth and belongings they should keep. Since humans cannot carry their wealth or belongings with them after they die, they should be generous and share their wealth and belongings with less fortunate people while they are still alive.

• No We Shouldn't

I believe this is a very big problem in the United States and we have been brainwashed by the corporations and even the government to do nothing but buy, and then buy more. It has left people in debt and even caused huge bubbles in the economy. Possessions aren't that important when it comes to wants. People should seek to fill their needs, then stop.