Should I let my kid (14 almost 15) smoke Marijuana

Asked by: Tilar
  • It's fine, it's not even that bad

I am a teenager and I'm telling you, kids don't care what their parents are going to say. If they want to smoke they will, they'll just hide it from you. So if you want the truth and to have a good relationship with your kids, let them. If it's other drugs obviously no, but marijuana is fine!

• Weed is great

I am a father and I have found my sons stash. I confronted him and he said that is really Isn't bad. And with some research it IS NOT bad at all. He is 14 turning 15 and at all their party's it's gonna be there and you can't avoid it. You don't want your kid to lie to you and hide it behind your back so I said to him that he can do it just don't abuse it

• Weed is great

• Not all the time

Im a 15 year old boy almost 16 and i first smoked weed when i was either 12 or 13. Weed is so much fun but i found myself smoking it everyday by the time i was 15 and then i knew i had a problem with pot when i tried not smoking. Yes i think its ok to let a 15 year old smoke a joint EVERYONCE IN A WHILE!! If you end up smoking it everday at that age its just gonna frie your brain and its a waste of money bc thtas all your gonna wanna do is get high and nthn else

• . . .

Yes I think your kid is old enough at the age of 15. With that being said the 15 yo has to be mature enough. They can't be taking it to school and getting caught with it and posting it on socal media.
    No one wants to put their kid in a situation of where if he doesn't tell you who he got it off of you're gonna beat his/or her ass.
    If the smell is what bothers you don't smoke inside. Simple as that. And if you're okay with the said kid smoking somewhere else and that's it, then that wouldn't be the best choice in my eyes cause you're promoting them to take the grass elsewhere and possibly get caught.
    And honestly for the kid that's trying to hide it he/or she isn't smoking healthy they're probably smoking outta a tinfoil bowl and that's not healthy. For your kid to smoke healthy get them a bowl or let them keep one in the house that won't get broke or smashed.
    If you find out your kid is smoking the best thing is to talk it out. Don't make the kid feel like they're in trouble and don't take privileges away, It's unnecessary cause they will get it either way. I've seen it happen

• Yes, given that it is smoked in small amounts.

Pot is virtually harmless if smoked now and then. Don't worry about it, the average age of trying it is around that point anyway, so it'd be better for it to not be a mystery and your kid doesn't go out and be stupid with it. When I was young, my parents would give me sips of alcohol so as soon as I turn 21 wouldn't be an idiot and get drunk out of my mind. Just let him, or he'll do it anyways.

• It help relax them

I somke weed when im in bad mood and all i do is pull it ot and rap it and smoke it you become slepp and relax so it can help you in many way so that why you should let you son smoke weed and i need some now.

• Its a medicine not a drug

The first time i ever tryed was in september when i was 11 and honestly i used to be depressed and emotional and suicidial and its been 7 months and i feel amazing my mom doesnt let me but i would let my kids if they were around my age just aslong as it is not abused

• Yes it is good

It is a good thing.. Plus it smell goood it makes you relaxed take the pain away it also is a good thing to smoke on your free time because it makes you happy and feel good about your self. And it also can be a fun thing to do with your friends when bored.

• Hey it heathy

It cures a lot of stuff like cancer adhd autisim anziady i bealve it will make him be good hell be to lazy to break any laws but make sure he/she does not use it as a gate way drug keep him away from heroin meth go slow cokecane crack bad salt and any other drugs

• Marijuana is fine

I believe smoking Marijuana is fine, just not at young age. Marijuana isn't going to kill you but the smoke will. Your theoretical son would still be growing at this age. You body isn't full developed till around 21. I wouldn't want a child to get lung cancer so young.

• The smoke is what harms

The smoke is what harmsThe smoke is what harmsThe smoke is what harmsThe smoke is what harmsThe smoke is what harmsThe smoke is what harmsThe smoke is what harmsThe smoke is what harmsThe smoke is what harmsThe smoke is what harmsThe smoke is what harmsThe smoke is what harmsThe smoke is what harmsThe smoke is what harmsThe smoke is what harmsThe smoke is what harmsThe smoke is what harmsThe smoke is what harmsThe smoke is what harmsThe smoke is what harmsThe smoke is what harms

• Weed is for adults, not teens

Weed is an intoxicating substance and teens are not ready for that kind of responsibility. I question why a teen feels the desire to become intoxicated and I point the finger to the adults in their lives. Teens need healthy and safe people in thier lives to help them mature into adulthood. Teens should be protected so they realize that they don't have to be high to feel good and have fun. Let kids be kids and thier pot smoking days will come soon enough. Pot is for adults....Protect your teens!

• As a parent you should be a moral compass and tell you kids the right thing which is NO it is illegal.

Your kids need good role models to follow so tell them the right thing to do. Which is wait until it is legal and they are the legal age. If you think it is ok for them to do it them turn your head when they go party and intervene if/when it gets out of hand. But be a responsible parent and a good role modle.

• Not for developing brains

There is a reason we don't let children legally drive, drink, smoke, vote, or marry at 14/15. Their frontal lobes, the area of judgment and reason is still developing. It is dangerous to let your child smoke pot at this age as it may interfere with that development. They have their entire adult lives to get stoned. There's no need to give them permission for an early start.

• It sets your teen up for failure in the future.

My sister started smoking marajuana when she was 14 years old. Because she knew the basics of hiding drugs/ using them, she wanted to try more. By the time she was 16, she was doing meth, and continued. She did eventually get caught by police. Smoking marajuana set her up for failure and lead her into many absolutely terrible decisions, which is why marajuana at such a young age is an absolute terrible idea.

• Definitely not at all.

Firstly, its illegal. That should end the discussion right there.

Secondly, despite what anyone says about it's safety, it can cause issues in still developing adolescents. Not only does it effect their brain's "reward system", it can also cause issues in the part of the brain that stores memory. While it seems to be somewhat safe for adults, minors should not partake.

Thirdly, it is a gateway drug. Argue if you want, but I've witnessed it many times firsthand. For this reason, and the impressionability of teenagers, they should not be allowed to use drugs or alcohol.

• NO. Do NOT let a 14 year old smoke pot, PLEASE

Marijuana is FINE if you're of AGE.

Do NOT give marijuana to a child or teen. There is NOT enough data for us to claim it is safe for brains which have not fully developed.

Data suggests the opposite, though I have reservations as to the methodology used.

Pot directly causes the release of certain chemicals in the brain. It is NOT recommended for any person who has not fully developed. (the human brain fully develops in the early to mid 20s.)

I love pot, it's a great way to relax and it helps regulate anxiety and stress. It's a fun social activity, and helps individuals explore ideas they would previously refuse out of fear.

It is NOT for children.

• I Would Suggest Not

Marijuana is not as harmful as other drugs, but that still doesn't mean that it should be fair game for everybody. First of all, I would think that illegality should be seriously taken into account, as marijuana is one of the most commonly tested drugs when searching for employment these days. However, if marijuana is legalized within the near future, as it should be, then I believe that 18 is a good turning point for smoking, weed, and alcohol. 18 is the age at which you may register to serve, vote, and buy cigarettes. If you are able to die for your country, then I don't see why you shouldn't be allowed to have a beer or a toke.

• Its still illegal. (at least where I am)

Even if a law is dumb and should not have been made in the first place doesn't mean you should disobey it. A law is a law and really you should not be setting your kids up for failure like that. When you start picking and choosing which laws to disobey (no matter if you have reasons to believe they are dumb or not) what will stop them from thinking drinking and driving is OK or shoplifting? Or even outright disobeying you?