Should I let my kid (14 almost 15) smoke Marijuana

Asked by: Tilar
  • Almost all kids are going to do it and enjoy the "heights feeling"

I say let your kids smoke . If they would like to, let them. Just make sure they are doing it with a person you trust and they trust. Don't allow them to do it with total strangers because there could be other drugs in there so just make sure it's with a trusted person, even if it has to be yourself, let them! A lot of my daughters friends parents allow them to smoke with them and with others. It should be aloud in your house. If they want to smoke a blunt in there room, let them!

• Do the research

If you've done any amount of research into Marijuana you'll find consistent facts, you can't over dose on the chemical in pot (THC) and there never has been a death involving it, unless gang affiliated but unless you live somewhere that is a problem I don't see the need to get your kids all scared of something that isn't that scary. Just some food for thought

• If its legal go for it.

Hey, don't let him at this age if its illegal probaly best to talk to them. On the other hand if it's legal than it wouldn't matter if you let him. If he is known to be an irresponsible teen than i would recommend waiting till he proves responsibility. However yes it may be not bad for you, but it does have a few minor side effects, a main one is temporary anxiety. (This side effect veries person to person) note i recommend waiting to the legal age first

• If you cant stop him, educate him.

If you know a thing or two a bout marijuana you could probably sit down and talk to him about the dosages and driving under the influence of drugs. This prevents him from doing anything stupid and would make you look like the cool dad(or mom) you want to be.

• Weed is great

I am a father and I have found my sons stash. I confronted him and he said that is really Isn't bad. And with some research it IS NOT bad at all. He is 14 turning 15 and at all their party's it's gonna be there and you can't avoid it. You don't want your kid to lie to you and hide it behind your back so I said to him that he can do it just don't abuse it

• Weed is great

• It's fine, it's not even that bad

I am a teenager and I'm telling you, kids don't care what their parents are going to say. If they want to smoke they will, they'll just hide it from you. So if you want the truth and to have a good relationship with your kids, let them. If it's other drugs obviously no, but marijuana is fine!

• I say roll a blunt with your son

Weed is dope
    makes everything better
    so buy your self a sack of some of that loud kush a teach your lil niggas to roll or snap a bowl! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !! !! ! ! ! ! !

• I say roll a blunt with your son

Weed is dope
    makes everything better

• Let you teen smoke marijuana

When teens are allowed some freedom when it comes to this they respect that ans there going to feel like you understand a bit more. People can smoke marijuana and be successful that's all on them people say it's a gateway drug but it's harmless so to conclude yes you should

• Marijuana is fine

I believe smoking Marijuana is fine, just not at young age. Marijuana isn't going to kill you but the smoke will. Your theoretical son would still be growing at this age. You body isn't full developed till around 21. I wouldn't want a child to get lung cancer so young.

• As a parent you should be a moral compass and tell you kids the right thing which is NO it is illegal.

Your kids need good role models to follow so tell them the right thing to do. Which is wait until it is legal and they are the legal age. If you think it is ok for them to do it them turn your head when they go party and intervene if/when it gets out of hand. But be a responsible parent and a good role modle.

• Not for developing brains

There is a reason we don't let children legally drive, drink, smoke, vote, or marry at 14/15. Their frontal lobes, the area of judgment and reason is still developing. It is dangerous to let your child smoke pot at this age as it may interfere with that development. They have their entire adult lives to get stoned. There's no need to give them permission for an early start.

• It sets your teen up for failure in the future.

My sister started smoking marajuana when she was 14 years old. Because she knew the basics of hiding drugs/ using them, she wanted to try more. By the time she was 16, she was doing meth, and continued. She did eventually get caught by police. Smoking marajuana set her up for failure and lead her into many absolutely terrible decisions, which is why marajuana at such a young age is an absolute terrible idea.

• Definitely not at all.

Firstly, its illegal. That should end the discussion right there.

Secondly, despite what anyone says about it's safety, it can cause issues in still developing adolescents. Not only does it effect their brain's "reward system", it can also cause issues in the part of the brain that stores memory. While it seems to be somewhat safe for adults, minors should not partake.

Thirdly, it is a gateway drug. Argue if you want, but I've witnessed it many times firsthand. For this reason, and the impressionability of teenagers, they should not be allowed to use drugs or alcohol.

• NO. Do NOT let a 14 year old smoke pot, PLEASE

Marijuana is FINE if you're of AGE.

Do NOT give marijuana to a child or teen. There is NOT enough data for us to claim it is safe for brains which have not fully developed.

Data suggests the opposite, though I have reservations as to the methodology used.

Pot directly causes the release of certain chemicals in the brain. It is NOT recommended for any person who has not fully developed. (the human brain fully develops in the early to mid 20s.)

I love pot, it's a great way to relax and it helps regulate anxiety and stress. It's a fun social activity, and helps individuals explore ideas they would previously refuse out of fear.

It is NOT for children.

• I Would Suggest Not

Marijuana is not as harmful as other drugs, but that still doesn't mean that it should be fair game for everybody. First of all, I would think that illegality should be seriously taken into account, as marijuana is one of the most commonly tested drugs when searching for employment these days. However, if marijuana is legalized within the near future, as it should be, then I believe that 18 is a good turning point for smoking, weed, and alcohol. 18 is the age at which you may register to serve, vote, and buy cigarettes. If you are able to die for your country, then I don't see why you shouldn't be allowed to have a beer or a toke.

• Its still illegal. (at least where I am)

Even if a law is dumb and should not have been made in the first place doesn't mean you should disobey it. A law is a law and really you should not be setting your kids up for failure like that. When you start picking and choosing which laws to disobey (no matter if you have reasons to believe they are dumb or not) what will stop them from thinking drinking and driving is OK or shoplifting? Or even outright disobeying you?

• This is something that I find one of the turning points in human morality.

I hear a lot of argument about how marijuana can't kill, doesn't do any permanent harm and is fine as long as, as said above, you don't stunt your growth. Let me enlighten you here. Marijuana is more addictive than cocaine, hallucinogens, pain relievers, and heroin all combined. In one study, it was estimated that marijuana users have a 4.8-fold increase in the risk of heart attack in the first hour after smoking the drug. This risk may be greater in older individuals or in those with cardiac vulnerabilities. Associations have also been found between marijuana use and other mental health problems, such as depression, anxiety, suicidal thoughts among adolescents, and personality disturbances, including a lack of motivation to engage in typically rewarding activities. Additionally, because it seriously impairs judgment and motor coordination, marijuana contributes to risk of injury or death while driving a car. A recent analysis of data from several studies found that marijuana use more than doubles a driver’s risk of being in an accident. The combination of marijuana and alcohol is worse than either substance alone with respect to driving impairment. Research shows marijuana may cause problems in daily life or make a person's existing problems worse. Heavy marijuana users generally report lower life satisfaction, poorer mental and physical health, more relationship problems, and less academic and career success compared to non-marijuana-using peers. For another example, marijuana use is associated with a higher likelihood of dropping out of school. Several studies also associate workers' marijuana smoking with increased absences, tardiness, accidents, workers' compensation claims, and job turnover.(http://www.Drugabuse.Gov/publications/drugfacts/marijuana)