Should I let my kid (14 almost 15) smoke Marijuana

Asked by: Tilar
  • It's fine, it's not even that bad

I am a teenager and I'm telling you, kids don't care what their parents are going to say. If they want to smoke they will, they'll just hide it from you. So if you want the truth and to have a good relationship with your kids, let them. If it's other drugs obviously no, but marijuana is fine!

• Weed is great

I am a father and I have found my sons stash. I confronted him and he said that is really Isn't bad. And with some research it IS NOT bad at all. He is 14 turning 15 and at all their party's it's gonna be there and you can't avoid it. You don't want your kid to lie to you and hide it behind your back so I said to him that he can do it just don't abuse it

• It help relax them

I somke weed when im in bad mood and all i do is pull it ot and rap it and smoke it you become slepp and relax so it can help you in many way so that why you should let you son smoke weed and i need some now.

• Its a medicine not a drug

The first time i ever tryed was in september when i was 11 and honestly i used to be depressed and emotional and suicidial and its been 7 months and i feel amazing my mom doesnt let me but i would let my kids if they were around my age just aslong as it is not abused

• Yes it is good

It is a good thing.. Plus it smell goood it makes you relaxed take the pain away it also is a good thing to smoke on your free time because it makes you happy and feel good about your self. And it also can be a fun thing to do with your friends when bored.

• Hey it heathy

It cures a lot of stuff like cancer adhd autisim anziady i bealve it will make him be good hell be to lazy to break any laws but make sure he/she does not use it as a gate way drug keep him away from heroin meth go slow cokecane crack bad salt and any other drugs

• Probably does it already

You have to admit, he probably already does it. Saying he can won't make him want to. It won't seem like he is cool. He won't think that at parties, hey, I wanna break some rooms, I might as well. But you should regulate how much though, so he doesn't overdose

• Almost all kids are going to do it and enjoy the "heights feeling"

I say let your kids smoke . If they would like to, let them. Just make sure they are doing it with a person you trust and they trust. Don't allow them to do it with total strangers because there could be other drugs in there so just make sure it's with a trusted person, even if it has to be yourself, let them! A lot of my daughters friends parents allow them to smoke with them and with others. It should be aloud in your house. If they want to smoke a blunt in there room, let them!

• Do the research

If you've done any amount of research into Marijuana you'll find consistent facts, you can't over dose on the chemical in pot (THC) and there never has been a death involving it, unless gang affiliated but unless you live somewhere that is a problem I don't see the need to get your kids all scared of something that isn't that scary. Just some food for thought

• If its legal go for it.

Hey, don't let him at this age if its illegal probaly best to talk to them. On the other hand if it's legal than it wouldn't matter if you let him. If he is known to be an irresponsible teen than i would recommend waiting till he proves responsibility. However yes it may be not bad for you, but it does have a few minor side effects, a main one is temporary anxiety. (This side effect veries person to person) note i recommend waiting to the legal age first

• Marijuana is fine

I believe smoking Marijuana is fine, just not at young age. Marijuana isn't going to kill you but the smoke will. Your theoretical son would still be growing at this age. You body isn't full developed till around 21. I wouldn't want a child to get lung cancer so young.

• Hell no 2 weed

Don't kill yer kid. I know all u peeps like drugs but pls don't . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

• The smoke is what harms

The smoke is what harmsThe smoke is what harmsThe smoke is what harmsThe smoke is what harmsThe smoke is what harmsThe smoke is what harmsThe smoke is what harmsThe smoke is what harmsThe smoke is what harmsThe smoke is what harmsThe smoke is what harmsThe smoke is what harmsThe smoke is what harmsThe smoke is what harmsThe smoke is what harmsThe smoke is what harmsThe smoke is what harmsThe smoke is what harmsThe smoke is what harmsThe smoke is what harmsThe smoke is what harms

• Weed is for adults, not teens

Weed is an intoxicating substance and teens are not ready for that kind of responsibility. I question why a teen feels the desire to become intoxicated and I point the finger to the adults in their lives. Teens need healthy and safe people in thier lives to help them mature into adulthood. Teens should be protected so they realize that they don't have to be high to feel good and have fun. Let kids be kids and thier pot smoking days will come soon enough. Pot is for adults....Protect your teens!

• As a parent you should be a moral compass and tell you kids the right thing which is NO it is illegal.

Your kids need good role models to follow so tell them the right thing to do. Which is wait until it is legal and they are the legal age. If you think it is ok for them to do it them turn your head when they go party and intervene if/when it gets out of hand. But be a responsible parent and a good role modle.

• Not for developing brains

There is a reason we don't let children legally drive, drink, smoke, vote, or marry at 14/15. Their frontal lobes, the area of judgment and reason is still developing. It is dangerous to let your child smoke pot at this age as it may interfere with that development. They have their entire adult lives to get stoned. There's no need to give them permission for an early start.

• It sets your teen up for failure in the future.

My sister started smoking marajuana when she was 14 years old. Because she knew the basics of hiding drugs/ using them, she wanted to try more. By the time she was 16, she was doing meth, and continued. She did eventually get caught by police. Smoking marajuana set her up for failure and lead her into many absolutely terrible decisions, which is why marajuana at such a young age is an absolute terrible idea.

• Definitely not at all.

Firstly, its illegal. That should end the discussion right there.

Secondly, despite what anyone says about it's safety, it can cause issues in still developing adolescents. Not only does it effect their brain's "reward system", it can also cause issues in the part of the brain that stores memory. While it seems to be somewhat safe for adults, minors should not partake.

Thirdly, it is a gateway drug. Argue if you want, but I've witnessed it many times firsthand. For this reason, and the impressionability of teenagers, they should not be allowed to use drugs or alcohol.

• NO. Do NOT let a 14 year old smoke pot, PLEASE

Marijuana is FINE if you're of AGE.

Do NOT give marijuana to a child or teen. There is NOT enough data for us to claim it is safe for brains which have not fully developed.

Data suggests the opposite, though I have reservations as to the methodology used.

Pot directly causes the release of certain chemicals in the brain. It is NOT recommended for any person who has not fully developed. (the human brain fully develops in the early to mid 20s.)

I love pot, it's a great way to relax and it helps regulate anxiety and stress. It's a fun social activity, and helps individuals explore ideas they would previously refuse out of fear.

It is NOT for children.

• I Would Suggest Not

Marijuana is not as harmful as other drugs, but that still doesn't mean that it should be fair game for everybody. First of all, I would think that illegality should be seriously taken into account, as marijuana is one of the most commonly tested drugs when searching for employment these days. However, if marijuana is legalized within the near future, as it should be, then I believe that 18 is a good turning point for smoking, weed, and alcohol. 18 is the age at which you may register to serve, vote, and buy cigarettes. If you are able to die for your country, then I don't see why you shouldn't be allowed to have a beer or a toke.