• We're Pretty Close

I believe ID cards should be mandatory for everyone. As a nation, the United States, is already fairly close to this practice with its drivers licenses. For those that don't drive, I think they should be required ID's as well. There are too many instances where ID's are already required, so it shouldn't be a huge deal.

• Yes, ID cards should be mandatory for everyone.

Having an identification card is essential for us to be safe. If an emergency was to happen, then the police would need to identify people within the area. It is extremely necessary for everyone to be identifiable, and it should be a crime that is punishable if ID cards are not carried.

• Yes they should replace driver's licenses.

It sounds like we'd live in an autocratic society if we all had id's but in reality most of us do with driver's licenses. So to make it regular, maybe everyone, whether they drive or not, should have an i.d. card. However, it should not have to be produced on demand.

• No, ID cards should not be mandatory for everyone.

No, ID cards should not be mandatory for everyone. I actually think it is an invasion of privacy to force everybody to have ID cards, because if everybody has ID cards we will be forced to show ID for everything we do, maybe even purchasing medicine will be forced to show an ID.

• ID cards should not be mandatory for everyone.

ID cards should not be mandatory for everyone. If this was the case, then they should be free to obtain. We as citizens do not work for the government so we should not have to carry an ID issued by the state government. I think it would be a mistake to require everyone to carry ID.