Should illegal immigrants be given a 'pathway to citizenship'?

• They are the most of our popoulation

I would like to start off with my first point: illegal citizens take up most of our population. Based on the "New York Times" there are 11.7 million illegal people living in the United States since of 2006. Also, these illegal immigrants take up the jobs that normal "american" (if we can call it that now) do not like to do, so it only helps our country. Sure you could say to give the jobs to hobos, but by also new York times, 70% of homeless people quit their jobs. Plus, unlike the homeless, the illegal immigrants are actually happy have their job, unlike the terrible life they had back home.

• They are people too

Sure it may be illegal, but they are still people and no matter what, they should be welcomed to the country they are getting into. That's like saying if Obama moved away and everyone forgot about him, and in like 40 years to come back as an illegal immigrant and not given a chance to be a citizenship to the country he once ran.

• Yes,illegal aliens should be given a 'pathway to citizenship.

Yes,illegal aliens should be given a pathway to citizenship.They usually come to the United States with good intentions including the desire to work harder than most Americans would ever want to work.They make financial contributions to the economy so they should be given citizenship if at all legally possible or feasible.

• Path to citizenship is a necessary component to immigration reform!

Let’s take a step back and remember that the United States has always been based on immigrants. But today, Since existing pathways are complex and slightly unrealistic in dealing with the matter, many foreigners with an American dream found it easier to live, stay and work here undocumented… well, it’s time we give these ‘illegal aliens’ an opportunity for a clear and relevant path to become a full, contributing, active and legal citizens of the united states. Isn’t that part of what America stands for?

• Yy yyy hh

H h h h h h hh h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h hh h hhh h hhh h hh hh h h h h h hh h h h h h h h hh h h h h h h h

• Yy yyy hh

• Yy yyy hh

• Yy yyy hh

• Yy yyy hh

• Yy yyy hh

• They broke the law.

Those sand people think that they can get whatever they want. That's why all of 'em are down there in Meheeco poppin' each other e'ry day. Y'all should come on up here to Tennessee, I'll arrest y'all sandy before you can say ola. Stay in your own country please. Thank you.

• No. No. No.

Not at all. No one who breaks the law and enters this country illegally deserves a path to citizenship. Who cares if they're poor and destitute. No living condition gives someone the right to break a law, no matter what that law is. People need to stop treating illegal immigrants like abused puppies. They're people, who broke laws and need to be punished (deported) immediately.

• They Already Ignored One!

There is a right way & a wrong way to do anything. An illegal chooses the wrong way to citizenship, when they come here illegally. There is already a pathway to entry, living here and obtaining citizenship. It isn't necessary to break the law to gain it!

My grandfather was an immigrant who came here, from Europe, at age 18. He did so legally. So, I do understand the desire to come to America for a better life. But you do not do it by breaking the law. No one respects that.

When illegals break the law upon entry, you have to wonder ... Will they be willing to break the law again? A law-abiding citizen, who works hard & contributes to his/her community, doesn't choose to break the law. If the U.S. Ignores this action, they are basically rewarding bad behavior. Do you reward a child for breaking the rules? I don't think so. And it isn't wise to reward illegals, either.

• No, absolutely NOT

The immigrants coming over illegally, sure, are paying their taxes. But what do these taxes go towards? To pay for MORE illegal immigrants on welfare. They take our jobs. Sure, go ahead and argue that they take the ones we don't want, but students in high school need jobs too. They can't go straight to being a lawyer or a doctor?

• No illegal immigrants should not get a path to citizenship

Illegal immigrants come over and try to take from our economy why should we let them in illegally and just hand them everything that they want no illegal immigrants should not be allowed in let them stay in Mexico if we just hand lawbreakers what they want then how do we stop it

• They are illegal it doesn't make sense

They come into America illegally and then you want to grant them the power to vote. This is ridiculous. If they want citizenship then they can come in legally and fill out a background check. It isn't hard to do, but they come in illegally because they want to sell drugs and live off our government and OUR taxes. This is completely wrong to grant someone who is smuggling in guns, drugs, and Lord only knows what else citizenship.

• I think no

No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no maybe

• We are a country of laws

I have no problem with legal immigration. After all, we are all descendents of immigrants one way or another. This country was founded on legal immigration. My great grandparents immigrated through Ellis Island in the late 1800's. We are the greatest melting pot in the world and our vast diversity is one of our greatest strengths. That being said, we are also a country of laws whether you agree with them or not. I do not think it is fair, just or prudent to allow people to violate our borders and our laws just because they think they can with little to no repercussions. This is causing an enormously large financial strain on our country at a time when we can least afford it! Illegal immigration not only disrespects our laws but is also a slap in the face to those before them that have taken the time and resources to immigrate legally! We need to know now more than ever who is coming into our country and for what purposes! I travel abroad frequently and have not found a country who doesn't strictly regulate their domestic immigration process! I spend a couple months every winter in Mexico and enjoy enormously but believe me they regulate and over see my stay carefully. I am not allowed to have a paying job nor am I allowed to stay more than a year without leaving the country for a time before returning. They do not offer social programs or any type of financial assistance to foreigners and if you get caught in the country illegally you will be arrested and incarcerated! Why would we open our doors willingly without due process or oversight. That would be reckless and totally irresponsible to the citizens of this great country!!

• We have laws for a reason.

I was an illegal immigrant living in US, and left the country to apply legally to come to US, and currently waiting in line for my turn. We have laws that apply for everyone, we cannot morally give illegals an easy path to citizenship, when law abiding people are trying to come here legally and waiting in the line.

• Not at all.

It's completely unfair to the people who have followed the rules in their quest for citizenship. It's like that kid in school who doesn't study for tests but ends up getting higher grades than you because he cheated. This 'small' problem is just one more step in making America a corrupt place to live.