Should illegal immigrants be granted legal citizenship?

• Does It Really Matter?

If they pay taxes, and aren't felons. How are they any different than someone born in the United States? The difference is surprisingly small. About the same as someone born in one state, and not in another. We were founded completely on immigration.

Anyone remember this ?

“Give us your tired, your poor, your hungry, your huddled masses yearning to be free”

Carved into the statue of liberty. Maybe we should go back to our roots, and realize what made our country the best on the planet.

• Immigrants are people.

It does not matter if they're from a different country or Latin America. Some people have been born in America as a U.S citizen and are being thought of as immigrants! It truly does not matter! They are still people of this world and have a family, a story, and a life! The constitution clearly states "all men are equal". God created us not to be racist! But to be kind and to treat each other equal.

• EVERYONE SHOULD HAVE EQUAL RIGHTS AND BE GRANTED THE PRIVILEGE TO THOSE WHO WORK FOR IT !

If you work for something, you should always have the award to be rewarded with high qualities. Americans who discriminate are just IGNORANTS! WHO DON'T REALIZE THAT THEY HAVE LIVED A SPOILED LIFE AND DON'T KNOW HOW TO LIVE LIFE WITHOUT HAVING HELP OF OTHERS!! Yes I agree that those immigrants who break the law should face their consequences, yet that doesn't mean they all have to pay for once action!

• Immigrants are not criminals

All immigrants have one reason to be here. Their biggest dream is to have a better future for themselves and for their children. All the immigrants do is come here to work. Most of them work in the fields because the people from here dont even want to spend all day in the ugly weather. So all immigrants have to suffer just to achieve their dream.

• More People, More Taxes.

In my opinion, it seems that immigrants are going to come whether it be legally or illegally. If they're here anyways working and living their lives in America, why would we not allow them to become legal citizens in order to receive the same rights we do for the same work they do. I also do not see why we as Americans, who all live in a country FOUNDED by immigrants, are so quick to try and shun the immigrants we see today. Doesn't make much sense does it?

• Legal Immigrants Pay Taxes

An instant way to get illegal immigrants to pay taxes and become a normal part of American society is to grant them citizenship through normal channels without fear of reprisal. If illegal immigrants continue to be a hindrance, then they should be deported. Something has to be done to solve the problem of illegals already in America.

• Our immigration policy is a nightmare

Unbeknownst to most Americans, our immigration policy is a labyrinthine nightmare which does not make it easy for law-abiding foreigners to enter to the United States. Make no mistake: illegal immigrants have broken the law in pursuit of a better life. However, it is simply a matter of human nature that this will continue. While I believe we should enforce our existing laws, we have reached a point with our immigration policy where it would be wiser to grant amnesty to give us a fresh slate and massively overhaul our immigration laws.

• Yes

I believe illegal immigrants who have been here since CHILDHOOD and are here because their parents came here should be granted legal citizenship. They should be granted such because they were brought here as a child or born here by an illegal immigrant, but therefore are a citizen, having never left. if they want to be here and work, they should be allowed, and they should not be punished for being born here when they did not have a choice in the matter.

• Immigration is Good for the Economy

For all the rhetoric about immigrants stealing jobs, immigration actually provides a benefit to the national economy, whether those immigrants crossed the border legally or not. Why? Because of what economists call the specialization of labor. As Jonathan Hoenig, proprietor of the Capitalist Pig blog, explains: “The fact that foreigners are eager to pick crops, clean houses, bus tables and produce allows more of us to afford cheaper food and better services, affording us even more wealth to enjoy and invest. It’s not the immigrants, but the taxes, spending and entitlements (most of which immigrants don’t even receive) that have drained the economy dry.”

• In doing a project on this so it might be bad

I think that instead of people having boundaries, they work together, help each other, we are all humans, we are not born bad people, we should help each other out no matter if they are from a different country or not, just because you're born in America shouldn't make you higher then others, I agree that they may be taking jobs, but they aren't taking that good of jobs (as far as I know) and some of these people need help badly and the reason they get into crime is because they can't get jobs, they come here for a better life and they need help from others to do so

• No more MEXICANS!!!!!!

As a god fearin american I believe that all the god darned Hispanics shouldn't be allowed to become legal citizens because them be stealin all our darn jobs and ruining our great nation with all there culture. The Mexican culture is overpowering our wonderful american culture. Every darn town in america has one a them "Taco Bells" I mean come on people say no to all these illegals!

• No, have to go through the citizenship hoops like everyone else.

People shouldn't be rewarded for their illegal actions. I don't think they should be immediately deported BUT they should have to go through the citizenship process like everyone else. They should have to go through all of the important steps to become a citizen and if they aren't willing to do this the they should return to their country of origin.

• Should illegal immigrants be granted legal citizenship?

Illegal aliens are very bad for the united states economy. They commit crimes, take jobs, and use valuable tax payer resources. They are mostly unskilled, unintelligent folks have have no opportunity in their home country. They come to America looking for unskilled labor, but these jobs would otherwise be filled by Americans.

• Only if they receive the same treatment as felons

Only if they are treated as felons for 20 years. Not able to buy firearms, vote, etc. Etc. They broke federal laws to get here, they should not be rewarded for it.

No reason that we are starting to treat our natural-born American generations as second-rate citizens. I'm sure i'm coming off as arrogant. They should be excluded from any job that prohibits felons as well.

• Damn bad mexicans

The mexicans are taking jobs that americans would love to have. Plenty of good immigrants are waiting to come into this great nation legally. Why should we reward the ones that broke the system. They don't pay taxes but send there kids to school and use roads that are contributed by good citizens. If we make them citizens it will tell many other immigrants to cheat the system and come here illegally. We can not reward criminals

• Breaking the Law should not be Rewarded

I like your house better than mine, you have better beds, better food, it stays warm in the winter and cool in the summer; am I breaking the law if I take up residence in a basement room that you have available? Sure I may go to work each day, I buy food and clothes that help others because it gives them a job. I may even pay my taxes like everyone else. But what would you say if you found me living there, a squatter, and the local government said 'because I had been living there for a certain amount of time, I couldn't be evicted'? Trust me...You would be pissed.

• no

they should not be granted legal citizenship. No matter how much they have contributed to USA or how tied up they are to the land, they should not be because most of them dont pay taxes and dont care about our nation. I am sympathetic to them, but if we legalize this, others will take this as a opening and seize the advantages and just flood us.

• No they should not be granted legal citizenship.

Most of immigrants do not contribute to society, they either commit crimes, are part of gangs, or are working at fast food joints taking american job opportunities. Everyone on the yes side of this stated that the immigrants are not felons but they are, every single one of them has committed a federal crime, breaking into the US.

• Illegal immigrants should not be rewarded for breaking the law.

My father and his family are legally immigrated to the United States from the Philippines. It took them years of hard work and expenses before they were able to come here. They were even able to come at the same time. His parents, my grandparents, were only able to take my uncle, who was the youngest, with them. It was not until later when my father and my other aunt and uncle were able to come here. Granting amnesty to illegal immigrants would be completely unfair to my father and his family, and all legal immigrants.

• The illegal immigrants should not be granted citiznship.

The immigrants that are illegal, they take the jobs that the americans need, because we don't have room for all of the immigrants, and americans in the United States of America. Even though they need jobs and money, we should send care packages to them so that we are all better.

Research this topic: Rand Paul, Barack Obama
Anonymous says2013-05-07T19:27:25.937
Let them be able to be granted a legal citizenship we are all the same no matter our shape,size, or color we are not aliens we are humans on earth we may be chines and other things but we are the same stop hatting start beliving,loving,caring, and more
thank you :)
Anonymous says2013-05-23T00:01:46.897
We deserve the right to be heard if not then this is not 'the land of freedom'
Anonymous says2013-07-23T19:17:53.257
If illegal immigrants are going to be allowed to stay then, please give my legal immigrant family a refund for all of the money and time we wasted doing things the right way.