Should India have a young (yes) or old (no) Prime Minister?

• Young ones rule

This is a straight thought and should not be debated for. Old ones had their chance and they did what they could. Now, it is the young to step in because the need now is different. Their thinking and our thinking varies and hence young ones should take charge of this young india.

• It's time for the older generation to give way to the new

It's time for the older generation to give way to the new. The politicians in India decide never to give up, trying new political alliances to cling to the power. If there is a limit on the age up to which the civil servants could work, certainly there should be a limit for the politicians as well.

• Yes, India should elect a young Prime Minister who is open to new ideas both politically and socially.

A young Prime Minister would help to energize the political process in India. He (or she) would be more likely to embrace new ideas than an older establishment politician would. India faces a number of problems, and solutions based in tradition may no longer be the best ones. A younger person would be more likely to help India position itself for a successful future.

• India should have a young Prime Minister

I believe India should have a young Prime Minister for several reasons. One reason I believe this is because a young Prime Minister would probably be healthier and more able to deal with the constant strains on the body and mind with grueling schedules and countless meetings. Age could definitely be a factor. Also, a young Prime Minister would be more in tune and up to date with the world's happenings and current trends as well as social and economic issues. There is something to be said for youthfulness.

• A young, female Prime Minister.

India should have a young, female Prime Minister so that she would be in touch with the current problems, most of which face not only the major population, but women, to a much larger degree. That way she would have the power to incorporate whatever needs to take place in order to create a civilized environment for women.

• R.I.P. Congress .

I think the most qualified person should get the job. I think we get too caught up in appearances and what should happen. Old Prime Minister will have more credibility because, most likely, this person would have more experience than a young person. Experience means a lot for such a position as prime minister.

• It's Not Experience

It's not experience that you need in the field of politics.. You got to have a sense of responsibility. Unfortunately, this very sense lacks in ALL the existing politicians...And if ever a politican (who tries to do something good for the society) is elected; he's thrown out before his/her term ends.So, Young or Old, Experience or Not... What honest politicians need is freedom to work for the betterment of society

• Honestly, just the best candidate.

Young or old, I think the most qualified person should get the job. I think we get too caught up in appearances and what should happen. In reality, which ever candidate has the best ideas that will help Idea move forward and develop, then that candidate should be voted in as Prime Minister.

• Old is gold

Experience is the first and foremost important thing..Apart from that our old leaders have contributed a lot towards the development of India.... Apart from that no doubt the present youth may be more aware about politics but playing politics is not a game so I feel that youth should not take the power into their hands...

• Old means experienced

I think old Prime Minister will have more credibility because, most likely, this person would have more experience than a young person. Experience means a lot for such a position as prime minister. Yes, a young Prime Minister might be smarter but being smart does not always help in a particular situation, but being experienced might help to resolve the problem.