Should individuals who suspect Tay-Sachs disease to have developed in their genetic line be offered free preventive measures against the condition?

• Yes they should

Yes, this is a really serious disease, and if you have a good reason that shows your are likely to catch this disease, then you need to be given some measures to make sure that you are kept safe, and that your children are kept safe from this awful disease.

• Yes, they should have free preventative measures.

When there is a possibility of inheriting or developing a disease as Tay-Sachs, and there are treatments available to stop it from occurring, the people who are at risk should absolutely have the preventative measures for free. To say otherwise is a bit disgusting and simply inhumane and out of control.

• No, I do not think they should be offered free preventive measures against the condition.

Unless an individual as an insurance plan to cover such a thing, it should not be something that is given at will to individuals who may contract the disease due to genetics. I think that there would be way too much financial issues to deal with a concern that isn't even a problem other than being a preventive measure.

• Who's Going To Pay For Free Preventive Measures

I do not believe individuals who suspect Tay-Sachs disease to have developed in their genetic line should be offered free preventive measures against the condition. I disagree with this proposal because there's no one to pay for these services for them. Secondly, doctors should be expected to offer these services for free just because they may have Tay-Sachs-related genetic errors. I believe universal health care is important but people with specific disease shouldn't receive special care just because.

• We are not genetic engineers.

No, individuals who suspect Tay-Sachs disease to have developed in their genetic line to be offered free preventative measure against the condition, because no genetic road map is perfect. We all have things that could be improved with gene therapy. A person with preexisting conditions should think long and hard before choosing to have kids.