Should instant replay be used in all professional sports?

• I think yes!!!

I believe that instant replay should be used because it allows the referees and the fans to over view what the player has done.. 3 minutes of your time to over view isnt going to kill anyone.. Would you rather an unfair shot or a fair shot that has been over viewed by the referees? It allows the referees to view out-of-bounds shots, etc.

• I think yes!!!

• Replay it Please

When instant reply happens, you get to see the play again and it is even closer than the first time it happened. You can see the play again or if you didn't see it the first time, you can see it with the instant replay. I don't see a downside.

• Yes it should

Because if it was not allowed then how would sports every be fair just think we already get mad when the refs get it wrong. So we would take away the only think that kinda makes it fair. Yea that makes since a lot of since good luck with that.

• Should be allowed

Instant replay should be allowed because if the referees don't call something, but one of the players is hurt, they can watch the play again to see if it was a foul or penalty. Some people say that it will take away the 'fun' of the game and it will only need one referee. The game is no longer 'fun' if people are play too rough and not getting stopped. This will not take away the referees because instant replay reviews mostly hard plays and fouls. Referees are still needed for other things.

• It is a good alternative for referees.

It can have its wrong decision but I think that it has worked best in cricket. Because nearly every wicket taken is over turned, imagine how much wickets would have been out but actually not out or vice versa. It can cost a country the test, match or even the world cup. It doesn't work in some sports like AFL but it does have its right decisions at times

• Instant replay covers up mistakes made by officials.

All of us hate when umpires or ref blow a call or even a game. Take for instance that Gallaraga pitcher on the Tigers who had a perfect game in the books before 1st base ump Jim Joyce ruled Jason Donald safe when it was clear he was out at first base. Using instant replay will take away these moments from sports.

• Absolutely.

Technology has advanced greatly in recent years, and it is a shame to sacrifice the benefits of technology for the sake of tradition. If anything, I would like to see even more technology used-- for example, in football, using technology to assist in spotting the ball, not just as part of reviewing a play, but on every play. Tough calls like whether someone is in or out could be made easier, as well. It only makes the game more fair, in the end.

• Instant Replay is needed.

I know it says all, but I am most familiar with baseball. Many plays in baseball can be subjected for a review, although only recently homeruns have been reviewed. Take the wild card playoff game between the Braves and Cardinals, for instance, in which an infield fly call was made that may have changed the outcome of the game. Baseball rules state that an infielder must be camped under the ball, and the umpire must make it clear to the runners that an infield fly rule has been called, meaning he needs to call it early. However, neither of these were met as the ball was a good 50 feet out of the infield and the shortstop had no clear control of the catch, and also the umpire called it just mere milliseconds before it hit the ground. This play could have easily been reviewed under Instant Replay with limited time consumption, and it may have changed the outcome of the game, possibly.

• Let me help you out there 54l3mGrand

He accidentally posted a positive response to the prompt as a no. "Yes I believe that instant replay should be used in all sports, because it allows correction for misjudgments. Instant replay is a very important function in modern sports. It allows for officials to take a second look on a call they may have misjudged. Also, as technology advances, people will find more ways to cheat, and we need to find more ways to make sure they don't get away with it. All in all, instant replay is a very useful function, and we should use all technology that's out there, especially if it is for the better."

There; I countered your argument against yourself. :P

• NO. Whatever you do, DON'T do that.

First I'll start by comparing 2 games I went to lately. One was high- school football, the other professional. High- school footbal has no instant replays, so that serves as our control for the purposes of this discussion. The high- school game was over in approximately 1 hour 15 minutes. The professional game took 3 hours and 30 minutes. That is 2 full hours spent reviewing plays instead of playing the game that people are there for. This must not be allowed to happen to all sports! We must save the games we know and love!

• Athletes and refs are human, and relying on instant replay to make tough calls removes the traditional element of human judgement from the game.

The MLB commissioner does not approve of the expansion of instant replay, and does not want go see it play a larger role in baseball. Athletes and refs are human, and relying on instant replay to make tough calls removes the traditional element of human judgement from the game.

Posted by: SpikyKenneth
  • Yes I believe that instant replay should be used in all sports, because it allows correction for misjudgments.

Instant replay is a very important function in modern sports. It allows for officials to take a second look on a call they may have misjudged. Also, as technology advances, people will find more ways to cheat, and we need to find more ways to make sure they don't get away with it. All in all, instant replay is a very useful function, and we should use all technology that's out there, especially if it is for the better.

Posted by: 54l3mGrand
  • It eliminates all human error

My headline may seem like I am for instant replay; however, I am actually not. Human error is part of sports and many of our great stories in sports come from missed calls, no instant replay to see what really might have happened. Sure, umpires and referees may miss calls during a game, but most of the time it will equal out throughout the game between both teams. Another big topic is trying to speed up games in sports as in baseball they are considering putting a pitch clock on a pitcher to speed him up. Why not just get rid of the instant replay and keep the sport the way it was meant to be played before the technology of instant replay. HUMAN ERROR IS PART OF SPORTS.

• Against the game as we know it

An accepted part of all sports is that the umpire's word is law. It doesn't matter if the call was correct, once the umpire makes a decision, it is non negotiable. That is how it has always been and that is how it always should be. If this is changed technology will slowly become more dominant in sports replacing umps and refs with robots and computers.

• No way at all

It takes away from the orignal game,and then we woyld need one referee. It also makes sports more confuseing.If you try to learn a new sport it should be easy,not hard.I know there are bad calls but lets be normal people. BAd calls are frustrating in all but nothing can be perfect and we all want something

• No, instant replay is garbage.

Instant replay is one of the worst things that was added to sports. Officials usually get the call right. There are definitely times where they mess up, but it is much worse to stop the flow of the game for 3 minutes to watch a replay. For example football has become much less fun to watch since replay was added due to all the breaks in play.

• Equipment is unreliable

Technology has been known not to live up to expectations. An example is a test match between England and South Africa where a Snick-O-Meter failed to give the South African captain out from being caught behind because the volume of the smp's microphone was not turned up. All the players on the heard the snick, as did Sky Sports but play was resumed as the technology did not pick up the snick. Umpires rely too much on technology.

• Hell NO screw instant replay

Instant replay is slowing down our games, and taking the human error out of it. Its okay if there is some bad calls called, that's why they play the game; that's why we pay reffs. If we want to continue to use instant replay than do away with reffs period. Instant Replay is ruining our sports nuff said