Should it be easier for immigrants to enter the United States?

• Every one deserves a chance in this country

Our country is founded on immigrants, therefore it seems illogical to stop immigration. Some of the greatest people in history were immigrants so why push them away. As for terrorists, not all terrorists are immigrants, just look at the Key and extremists, and did our country's actions not spark ISIS we are the people that attacked them in the first place!!!

• It definitely should

I've done quite a bit of research and you have to sign and read so many papers. Then you have to find out how to be a citizen it's so difficult. You have to get a visa and a passport. Some people don't have that much money to get those things. They definitely should make it easier.

• It definitely should

• It definitely should

• Yes, the process of legal immigration is too complicated

As a naturalized US citizen who had legally entered the country and jumped through all the legal hoops to become first a permanent resident (green card holder) and then a citizen, I can tell you that yes, the process is too drawn-out and complicated. Lots of paperwork, fees, etc. Measures can definitely be taken to make it easier for those of us who choose to do it right.

• No because I do not want terrorists in the country.

I think it should be harder because of the recent terrorist attacks. I do not want someone saying they are an immigrant and actually being a terrorist. I think we should take the highest percusions and just say no to imagration. So that is why is say no because I want to be safe.

• Was Closing Ellis Island A Good Idea?

I don't think that immigration should be made easier for those immgrants coming to the United States. Thinking back, I think that we should still have the same policies that existed back when Ellis Island was open. Background checks, health checks, and requiring someone to have enough cash in their pocket to support themselves until they find a job and live the American dream in my opinion is not unreasonable. By requiring these I do believe we would cut down on terrorism, prevent the spread of diseases that we eradicated that new immigrants may bring into the U.S because they haven't been vaccinated, and cut down on welfare and aide to those who have not contributed to the growth of the U.S.