Should it be illegal for people to keep exotic animals as pets?

• My name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff

My name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff

• Yes yes yes!

This kills the creatures and this causes a lot of deaths

my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff my name is Jeff

• Its the owner not the animal

I feel most animals should be legal to own depending of the persons living situation. Larger exotics such as loins, bears, chimpanzees, tigers etc. Should not be owned that just leaves many more people in danger tgen just the owner themselves. If you look at the number of deaths in a year many exotic animal don't even make the top ten. Horses and dogs alone kill more then lets say a large snake such as a burmese or reticulated python. The owners of these pets exotic or not should be held accountable for them. If it gets out and causes ang injury or a death you should be liable for it. Make the punishment severe. I've personally owned venomous animals snakes and lizards, an alligator, dwarf caimen, and my favorite a bobcat which I took every precaution to ensure everyone was safe had plenty of room and was no threat to anyone. Its the ignorant people that ruin it for the ones who can provide a safe home and actually care for them but thats just my opinion.

• It should be illegal

Sometimes, when people own exotic animals, lots of different things can happen. People can be hurt, and so can the animals. Other animals can also be killed or hurt. Also, the animals can destroy stuff and hurt other people along the neighborhood. Police have to shoot a loose big animal sometimes, and that sometimes endangers the species of the shot animal if there are only a few left in the world.

• Keep exotic pets out of people's hands.

It should be illegal for people to keep exotic animals as pets because some of these pets could be highly dangerous. A person who is raising lions and tigers and monkeys could be exposing himself and others to bodily injury, death, and disease (perhaps diseases hospitals rarely see because they are exotic).

• Yes, they need their natural habitats to properly carry out their life cycle.

Forcing them out of their habitats and giving them jobs as "entertaining pets" to people is cruel. They need their natural habitat to fully accommodate all their needs such as the right kind of food that might not be found in an average pet store, suffers less pollution, longer life span, mate and ensure their species' survival and so forth which we cannot provide. But in some cases, these animals need to be kept close to us to ensure they won't die out in the wild. However, it is better for us who are responsible towards all animals by not destroying their homes, diminishing their source of food and water and risk their lives any further by human-caused pollutions to ensure the not required act of keeping them captive as pets.

• Yes, they don't belong in homes.

An exotic animal such as a reptile has no business being cooped up in a house in a climate that does not suit it. And these animals are capable of attack, which is not their fault. It is one thing to take that risk oneself, but to subject a neighborhood to this fear if the animal escapes is just wrong.

• Yes, it should be illegal to own exotic pets, with some exceptions.

It already is illegal in most areas for people to own exotic pets. There are some exceptions; and smaller animals are not always as much risk as larger ones. However, when people want to own large, dangerous, exotic pets (such as tigers, chimpanzees, lions, and the like), they are not only putting themselves at risk, but also their neighbors. There is no reason for these types of animals to be kept in captivity in people's yards. It's cruel to the animals, and it's also a high risk.

• No they should not.

We think that wild animals should stay in their normal habitat with their families. Because many people may not have enough food or space. They can also be very destructive and they can also try to hurt you. It may get loose and start attacking people. That is our opinion.

• Its to dangerous!

Many incidents have been reported where exotic animals held in private hands attacked humans and other animals, and escaped from their enclosure and freely roamed the community! For example: on August 28, 1999, in Centralia, IL, a 3-year-old boy was strangled to death by the family’s pet python. The parents were charged with child endangerment and unlawful possession of a a dangerous animal.

• There Should Just Be Strict Rules

I do not believe should be illegal for people to keep exotic animals as pets. I believe this should remain legal, but there should be very strict rules regarding it and they should include providing a sensible living environment for the animal. So if you want a Tiger, that equates to having a large, enclosed environment that mimics their natural habitat.

• Exotic Animals are being kept as pets by the state, why not by the citizenry?

The attraction of most zoos is the exotic animals. Going to see a lion or a zebra in California is the reason zoos exist. It is an uncommon occurance. So what makes the state more acceptable a caretaker than a private citizen? That is the arrogance of the state. It often believes it can accomplish more with bureaucracy and rules than the average person could with care and compassion.

• Endangered animals kept as pets should be illegal though

Nearly all pets are exotic in some form or another. Things like lizards, fish, birds, spiders, amphibians, and rodents. Even guinea pigs could be banned under this proposal as they aren't native. Parrots are great examples of exotic pets that we can import. Also aquariums and tanks cam be suitable for exotic fish as the temperature and water can be adjusted to suit their needs. Admittedly there needs to be tight regulations (especially on dangerous creatures) and keeping end endangered animals as pets should be banned altogether.