• Don't drop out!!

What is the point of dropping out of high school. It is 4 years of your life grow up and get over it. You will not die from high school. Studies show that 0% of kids have died from going to high school so I think you will be fine!!!!

• Don't drop out!!

• Dropping Out of High School Should Be Illegal

Yes, I believe that dropping out of high school should be illegal. While I understand that school is not the right match for everyone, all students need a high school education to succeed. Today, it is hard to do well without a college education or a trade of some sort. I think it's okay to offer alternative high school routes, but I think every student should be required to attend school until they earn a high school diploma or G.E.D.

• Therese no point to drop out now days

Now days you can't get a job without a high school diploma and even if some one drops out they usually go back and get it from a collage. And the government pays for it in the first place so why wash 8 or more years of schooling to just get it at a collage

• Yes because people cant go out into the real world without a high school diploma

I think this because i think every person should have the right to get a good job after high school and i think that schools should let you studie the things that you need for your job instead of the stuff that they teach us in the class rooms that we wont even use.

• I believe it should be illegal to drop out of highschool

For starters, lets think about this? Without a high school diploma you're pretty much screwed. Why should we let our future generation, ruin there future lives by one mistake that they might have not thought through? Some may say, well I have a baby I cant, this is also fault. I heard a story of a 14 year old girl, got pregnant and now at the age of 23 is a teacher at a university. This shows that there are no obstacles that can stop you its all in the effort. If you put in enough effort you can achieve the impossible. Each generation keeps getting worse and worse educationally because we allow them to do things such as this. We needs to stop this and making this illegal wouldn't be one more giant step to helping the future generations.

• Yes, it should be necessary.

Most high school drop outs end up living lives in poverty compared to college/ vocational graduates that make up to 84% more that the ones who graduate. Even just after you graduate high school your chances of getting a better job grow exponentially. Even jobs like working at a clothes still in the mall prefer that applicants that have finished high school. With inflation of necessities rising higher than wages even people that hold a college degree often have a hard time paying bills in which case those who don't have high school diplomas will be forced into the welfare system causing higher taxes for the rest of the population. In most schools you can not drop out until your are 17 around your junior year. We already have a free education system so why not force students to spend one more year in school. They will have better lives and that will ripple through the rest of society.

• Yes, it should be.

Yes because what if the student needs to help out with the rent....The economy sucks and the parents may need help...And if it's illegal not only will the parent be fined for not taking the child to school but also have more payments to worry about...
    Also what if the student inst the best berry on the bush? Lets say he or she goofs off all the time..Not only is the student wasting the teachers time but also the school has to pay for the child's food and it jousts cost more money that the state needs to pay.....Might as well drop out.

• It should be illegal to dropout

Because it is bad for a person itself. If you dropout you don't get the education you need. You can't go to college because you don't pass your test or have the history in school you need to be successful in life. That makes it way harder on you your self and mostly your family

• Should it be illegal to drop out of high school?

Yes because, if they drop out then their whole future goes down the drain. If they drop out they have nothing to do during the day ,so they get in trouble by doing crazy stuff to pass time. After so many days pass ,and their parents tell them that they have to move out ,and live like their grown since they quit school then they wanna act like little babies again.

• People make choices

People deserve to make choices like this and making it illegal would be restricting them and would prevent them from doing what they want in the world. Life is way too short to be restricted from seeing the world. But that is really just all that I think about it.

• God, so many people on my side are idiots

I've seen some of the arguments off of my side of the argument on this page... My favorite would have to be the one titled "That's ridiculous and so are you". I don't think a lot of these people are even old enough to have the decision to drop out. Anyway, getting to the point, I do believe it should be legal to drop out. America is all about having a CHOICE. Being able to do anything you want. Laws are fine the way they are. If anything, they need to change in favor of this argument. The age shouldn't change, 16 is fine. But high school drop outs should be allowed to drive, at least with certain limitations, such as time and destinations. What if they're suffering from a severe mental condition and can't handle the strain of going to school? What if they're constantly getting abused and their family can't afford to move to a different district? What if their family is too poor to PAY RENT? What if the child needs to support their family? A family in poverty. Or, what if they want to seek alternative options? You don't need a high school diploma to be successful in life whatsoever. But all these arguments shouldn't even have to be used for one reason:
    IT SHOULD BE A CHOICE
    Everyone has a right to an education. A RIGHT. A right should work both ways. You have a right to remain silent when a cop arrests you, why shouldn't you have a right to speak? You have a right to vote, so you should have a right not to vote. You have a right to own a gun, so why not a right to not own a gun? This argument works for every other right, so why not a right to an education? What is so different about this right?
    Please don't let the other people on my side make you think everyone supporting this side of the argument are just middle schoolers who hate school.
    And to be quite frank, I don't know why I'm even arguing. The laws won't change, and they shouldn't. They're fine as they are.

• My grandma dropped out

I think it shouldn't be illegal because my grandma's mother let her drop out and her superintendent said it was OK becauseeople were abusing her. And other people that get BADLY bullied in HIGH SCHOOL should drop out if my grandma dropped out only because they can badly hurt you.

• It should be illegal to dropout

• That's ridiculous and so are you

IF YOU SAID YES YOUR A BUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! , , , , , , , ,my vg. H go. J go u he g ninth be. Go I j j he be n h h h h h he n j h h h h h h h h h h. J no j n no n. N IF YOUR A GUY GROW SOME BALLS

• Students understand the importance of school.

You have the right to a good education, you also have the right to vote. You don't have to exercise the right to vote, so why should you have to exercise your right to a good education. You would be surprised how often students check there grades, at least 5 to 10 times a day. In most places you can drop out of high school ion your own when you are 18 and officially an adult. Also in some of those places, you have the ability to drop out by the time you are 16 if you have a full time job, and as long as your parents and the superintendent or principal of the high school you attend signs off.

Not a lot of people attending high school want to drop out because they believe in the importance of good grades and getting into college and that gives them the chance to be successful. Some students given the chance, would drop out of school, even if they understand that high school can be important, and those students could be barely 14 or a student that will be 17 their whole senior year and would have the opportunity to drop out on their own.

• No no no

You chooseYou chooseYou chooseYou chooseYou chooseYou chooseYou chooseYou chooseYou chooseYou chooseYou chooseYou chooseYou chooseYou chooseYou chooseYou chooseYou chooseYou chooseYou chooseYou chooseYou chooseYou chooseYou chooseYou chooseYou chooseYou chooseYou chooseYou chooseYou chooseYou chooseYou chooseYou chooseYou chooseYou chooseYou chooseYou chooseYou chooseYou chooseYou chooseYou chooseYou chooseYou chooseYou chooseYou chooseYou chooseYou chooseYou chooseYou chooseYou chooseYou choose

• A degree is a social construct

For many jobs, the only reason why you need a diploma is because it shows employers that you have a certain level of intelligence, are well adjusted, and tend to conform to authority. It doesn't have anything to do with a certain skill set, or set of knowledge you'd need to be able to do this job. This means that it won't change a thing if we'd force everybody to get a certain level of education, because the only effect it will have is that the degree you'd need for a average type job would just rise with it.

• It's not fair

A lot of people for yes say "If you don't go to high school, you'll be poor." At the end of the day, someone's rich and someone's poor. The rich person could've gone to high school or not. If everyone gets a P.HD, someone still will be poor. If no one ever went to school, someone is still rich. Plus, let those people be lazier while you make money!

• We're focusing on the wrong idea here

Ok, making it illegal is stupid for three big reasons. The first being that people are dumped into this nearly separate conforming society for 12 years of their lives with absolutely no consent. I can understand the necessity of education but the practicality is usually way off point. Why take the risk? Number two shouldn't take a rocket scientist to understand. If the student doesn't want to be there then they're just going to take up space without a care in the world. Finally, number three; which is probably most important. Students have been used to this way of life for almost every hour of their lives and what happens next? The student is a senior, and then what happens? They graduate. If they're not prepared for what's next then what are they going to do? Maybe they were really good students all their years in high school. Maybe not naturally smart, but artificially. They train their brain everyday for whatever homework assignment is due, test they have to study for, SAT, ACT, AP exam etc. They're successful students basically. Now let's say this student is clueless to what he or she wants to do after being used to this way of life. Also suppose the students' parents are in lots of financial trouble, then what? Everyone is always pushing high school graduates to go to college but can this student who deserves it be able to? Or will he or she even want to or find it worth it. Maybe not. The problem is there's no transitional time which is extremely unfair to people who want to be successful in life and society itself. At least give a good year for the students to shift from third to second gear before shifting to first, otherwise you lose huge opportunities. This is almost as hard as a mother bird getting her young to fly out the nest, only problem is we accept everyone to be able to fly without being taught how to and without dying. Cause in this world, sure you will be pushed out and you may not fall but if you do you will die, or outside the analogy, fail in life. It sucks because high school students are expected to act like adults but are treated as mindless kids, too stupid to command their own destiny. Now ask yourselves is forcing students to stay in school really going to solve anything?