Should it be illegal to smoke in cars with children present?

• It shouldn't be illegal because you are driving in your own private property

You have the right to do whatever you want in your own private property unless it is owned by the government. If you have a car that obama bought you then yes he should be able to ban it from you. They should not be able to limit what you do on your own time with whoever you want.

• Yes it should.

It should be illegal to smoke in a car if there is a kid in it. The kid should not have to be exposed to that kind of smoke at such a young age. This can cause them a ton of different health issues as they get older and they had no choice in the matter.

• Yes you are harming children

It should be illegal to smoke in a car with children present. You are putting the child at risk of illness and the child has not say in the matter. Smoking in front of children is not benefiical to anyone and puts a big risk on the future. Making it illegal is a good step.

• No Smoking With Children in Cars

Many states make it illegal for people to smoke in vehicles where children are present. Without a doubt, these laws should be adopted in other states, too. Nobody should knowingly smoke in a vehicle with a child present because secondhand smoke can end up killing that child later in life, which is a preventable tragedy.

• Yes, it should be illegal to smoke inside of cars with children present.

Second hand smoke can be a very harmful side effect. If a child is inside of a car with an adult, then that child does not have a way to get away from inhaling the smoke. The smoke inhaled can have adverse health effects later on in the child's adult life.

• Yes it should..

It should because my parents smoke and I tell them not to but they don't care if it hurts them, or us. It's annoying when its only illegal to smoke in the car. It should be illegal in the USA period. Every kid suffers from it and what are the parents teaching it? It's ok to smoke? No, I'm almost a teenager and can't wait to move out so I cant smell it anymore everyday! Anyway, just have fun when ur young. If ur gonna smell smoke even drugs! As a kid what's the point of having fun if their runining ur life?

• It harms them

It should be illegal to smoke in cars with children there because it harms them and affects their health when they grow up. Everyone knows that smoking is bad for you, but passive smoking is even worse. It can severely damage the child's health when they grow up, even if they choose not to smoke.

• Not Good for Them

It's not good to smoke around children period. I'm not anti-smoking, in fact, I was a smoker although I've quit since then. However, if you're going to smoke do not take other people's health away when they do not even have an option to say otherwise, it is not fair.

• It should be illegal to smoke in cars with children present because, its unhealthy, its dangerous, and its an overall a disgusting habit.

Let the definition of children be any person under the age of 18. Let the definition of smoking be any the inhaling of burning tobacco.

1) It is Unhealthy for not only for the person doing it, but the child. Children are growing up and their bodies are very vulnerable to dangers. By smoking in a car with a child, their risk of cancer increases highly by inhaling the second-hand smoke, especially because they are in an enclosed place and they are inhaling almost the same amount as the smoker themselves. Therefore that child is practically smoking, which like I stated above is lethal.

2)Its disappointing smoking hasn't already been banned even though the banning of smoking is unrealistic. If smoking is illegal in one more spot, many more people will consider quitting the disgusting habit.

• Not illegal but definitely wrong.

I don't think that smoking in a car with kids should be illegal necessarily, but it is wrong. You are basically exposing them to second hand smoke which is very dangerous. I can see an argument can be made for child endangerment for smoking in the car with them. They really are very bad.