Should it be legal for the NSA to wiretap every college classroom in hopes of identifying radical students who might eventually engage in foreign terrorism?

• Not a chance

I have a better idea: How about if we ax the NSA? It's a colossal waste of money, it doesn't protect us in the least, AND it's unconstitutional. Therefore, I say the NSA members should get actual jobs. If you want my opinion, the NSA is proof that the government is out of control and no longer is accountable to the people.

• Indescriminate wiretapping of college classrooms by the NSA should be illegal.

Classrooms are a place where ideas are shared, information is given and lessons are learned. Just because people may be discussing topics of interest to the NSA does not give the NSA the right to violate students' first amendment rights to free speech. In fact, should anyone be engaging in terrorism, it won't be in the public forum of a classroom. It will most likely be in clandestine locations that are not on the NSA's radar. The sanctity of the classroom must be maintained because knowledge is the best tool against terrorism.

• That is a radical move in itself

No, I do not think it should be legal to wiretap every college classroom in the hope of locating those students that may or may not have interest in foreign terrorism. That would be literally grasping at straws in the dark. It would not be ethical or moral for that matter. Furthermore, how many terrorist would you really identify? Many students when they are angry with their parents sound like terrorist.

• No, I don't think it should be legal for the NSA to wiretap every college classroom.

Doing something like wiretapping every college classroom would be going to an extreme measure that is not needed, I think that paranoia in America has not reached the point where something like this would be acceptable at all, I think we should respect the privacy of college classrooms and leave wire taps out of it.

• That would be a waste of resources.

I don't think it's reasonable or feasible for the National Security Agency to go around bugging college classrooms. The NSA itself likely realizes that many things said in such rooms are done for rhetorical reasons, not for putting together a plan of action. Also, this would make 1984 style "thought crimes" a real thing.

• No, that would be an invasion of privacy

A great man once said along the lines of: "that those who would sacrifice privacy for security deserve neither." The idea that we should be constantly under surveillance in any and all settings because it might prevent a terrorist attack is ludicrous - and flies in the face of everything America stands for.