Should Jerusalem be shared by Jewish and Palestinian states?

• If they can't learn to "share" it, don't let either group use the land.

We need to have an "impartial" third-party come in.....Preferably some sort of powerful secular group, that governs it and allows both groups to use it in peace with the penalty for not doing it peacefully being a permanent ban from the land. That way they'd either learn to live together in peace, or the land would eventually be empty of Jews and Palestinians and we could allow some other impoverished and/or discriminated against group to migrate there instead.

• Jews are the pure heir of Abram

As the land was given to Abram and his seeds, Jews are the purest. Religion politics ruin it all. Islam just trying to be greedy wanted all cities to be theirs, but Jews only have one and the only one which inherited by its family Abram. Don't you enough with Mekkah and Madinah? I doubt you want the whole world.

• Very much so.

No matter what religion or ethnic group you support/ are a part of, wouldn't you all agree that a main theme within each of the religions is: love thy neighbor? I know for Christians and Jews this is true. Humanity is understanding and peaceful movements. That's what you truly need to be able to meet Judgement.

• Peace and goodwill to all.

Three different religions have claims to it. So just share it. In the end there is no difference. We are all people. Division is the worlds "great" lie. In the end we are all one people but we live as though divided. That is what many people do not understand.

• I wouldn't like this to start another world war or a cold war conflict,

The last thing I would like to see is another set of nuclear bombs pointed straight at Earth. I think if there is any solution, it is to make Jerusalem akin to the Vatican. If we look at what world war 2 did to the planet, we should see that another world war will considerably damage this beautiful home we were born into.

• What else do you suggest?

We all know that there are only two options because we know both groups will fight for the Holy Land. 1. They share the land. And 2. NO ONE GETS THE LAND. Both groups deserve to be in a place where so many religious connections draw back to. WE SHALL SHARE OR WE SHALL FIGHT. Your choice...

• Loved by all

A place loved by all arms claimed by none. How can such a solution not be implemented? If course it poses the question to all, if there is a peaceful solution is laid before you, would your desire for war win out? There has been enough sadness between all factions, it's time to let go of the hate and embrace the harmony of peace.

• Either everyone shares, or no one gets the land.

Jerusalem has for the past 2000 years been a heterogeneous land, with multiple denominations and races inhabiting the land. Jewish ultra-nationalists want to make the whole city Jewish, and Muslims extremist want to make the whole city Muslim. Both of these are wrong approaches that antagonizes both sides. The best way to deal with the conflict is to stop settling all the scores, keep the monuments in the Noble Sanctuary intact (be it Muslim or Jewish), allow freedom of worship for both religions there without any limitations whatsoever, Christian lobbies should stop pressing for the reconstruction of the Temple (I really don't understand this passion to hasten the Rapture; this is a harmful belief), treat Jews and Arabs the same way, and separate Jerusalem from both Israel and Palestine. Make it a city-state independent of both jurisdictions, and demographically alter the city-state so that no group gets to be the majority.
    Another way is to make Jerusalem a no-resident's land; no one is allowed to live there, access is limited by quota and authorized only for religious purposes, covering all denominations without discrimination or favors. But this is rather unrealistic considering the number of people living in the city.

• Its all about Jesus

The whole world should be living in the love of Jesus. Since the Jews and the Palestinians do not believe in the blood of Jesus Christ that was shed to save us all, then they have something in common and there should not be a problem living among each other. For the Jews and Palestinians who do believe in Christ Jesus, there really should not be a problem sharing the land as they will live in harmony following Christ teachings to love thy neighbor as thy self. For we are all the seeds of Abraham.

• Both the Jews and the Palestinians have all suffered enough. Let them live in peace, and learn to thrive together as one nation.

From what I understand, both sides have suffered. It's time they shared the land as one. The Jews were forced out of their homes, so when the land was abandoned the Palestinians made their homes there. How was forcing the Palestinians from their homes any different than what happened to the Jews. Haven't both sides suffered enough? The land is obviously as important for one as the other, therefore they should learn to live in peace and share what they both consider sacred. So much hate.... So much pain. It's no way to live when life is so short.

• Jews are the pure heir of Abram

• God gave it to the Jews

The land of Israel was given to the Jews BY GOD! Doesn't that mean anything to anybody? God promised it to Abram in Genesis 12:7 & 13:14-18 (KJV). God said he would give it to Abram and all his seed. His seed are the modern day Jews! They shouldn't have to share it with the terrorists! Not now, not ever!!! God gave it to the Jews!

• Jerusalem for jewish

Jerusalem is always belong to Jewish. It is the only Holy City of Judaism.
    Muslim should not even think about there. Muslim have Makkah as a Holy City already, they don't need a second one. They want Jerusalem because of their desire. They have more people so they want more historical city. I don't think it is appropriate for them to try to have the control of Jerusalem.

• Jerusalem is for jews

Why are muslims fighting for it?? I don't understand this. Is Jerusalem mentioned even once in the Quran? JERUSALEM is central in almost every JEWISH prayer. This is only a political game with the muslims. The Muslims are trying to wipe out any Jewish history and this is so terribly wrong of them, and they actually are getting help from groups like UNESCO.

• Muslims keep Mecca. Jews have Jerusalem

I think that the Jews should have jerusalem, and the Muslims should keep Mecca. The Jews are entitled to have Jerusalem just as much as Muslims are for Mecca.

The Muslims just have to accept that they have Mecca which is 1200km squared, and the Jews deserve to have Jerusalem which is only 100km squared! So even if the Muslims gave up fighting for Jerusalem, they would still have over 10 times the amount of holy land than the Jews!

• Muslims keep Mecca. Jews have Jerusalem.

• They don't need Jerusalem

Muslims already have Mekah as their holy land, if they have Jerusalem then the Jews will be left with nothing and the Jews where there first. You also can't divide up a holy city. Because of the Palestinians and Israel's long history of war I don't think that having up a holy city is a reasonable explanation. #religion

• Do Muslims really need Jerusalem?

Muslims have their holy place - Mecca. They don't need Jerusalem aswell. This is unfair, selfish and greedy.

It's almost as if they are just trying to cause problems. Jews deserve a holy city just as much as Muslims do.

I say, Muslims should either let the Jews have Jerusalem as their own. Or, give up half of Mecca first and then the Jews could give up half of Jerusalem. Although the second idea is an option, it makes no sense.

• Muslims don't deserve it

I don't think that the current Jewish government is interested in sharing, thus this is impossible. I don't think in this situation I would say sharing is something that should be done. I think that the Palestinians deserve justice for the human violations that the Jewish government has bestowed upon them, and I think that governments who aided these actions, like the United States, should also receive punishment. When this occurs then the Palestinians and the Jewish people get to decide if they can live together, if they want two different states, or whatever is best for them. For now, however, I will say no. They should not share Jerusalem, so long as one side, the Jewish side, is committing genocide against the other.

• Not be shared

Jerusalem should definitely not be shared between both faiths. Jerusalem is the holiest place for Judaism and Mecca for Islam, therefore each faith should have their own rather than one and a half (like the Muslims). Each place means lots to either faith; #religion
    In conclusion each faith should have their own holy place. :)