Should John F. Kennedy have invaded Cuba completely to go up against the Soviet Union during the Cold War?

• JFK could of gone further

JFK could of invaded Cuba and that would of really made the Soviet Union angry and the Soviets would of come to Cuba's rescue. Cuba was very important to the Soviet Union because of the close location to America. It would of been a dangerous situation of Russia would of gotten fully involved and risky for all parties.

• No, absoltely not.

I don't know if it is relevant to say I was alive at this time and vividly recall these events from a young girl's perspective. This was during the Cold War period. There was much tension between the United States and the Soviet Union. I don't believe anyone wanted to provoke an escalation, which would have had worldwide implications. I think JFK played the situation exactly right. Simply put, the issue was over the existence of a missile base being so close to US shores. JFK made it clear that that situation would not be tolerated. He was careful not to let the issue escalate into broader areas of disagreement between the two countries.

• That would have been a deadly move.

John F. Kennedy should not have invaded Cuba completely to go up against the Soviet Union during the Cold War. This is because we were so close to a third world war back then, that it would not have been advisable to take such a bold measure. JFK handled it the right way, and we are still here today to show for it.

• It worked out well.

No, John F. Kennedy should not have invaded Cuba completely to go up against the Soviet Union during the Cold War, because things were better without a major conflict. The world was better off without the two countries heading into a massive war. It is a shame for Cuba, which is still in poverty, but the rest of us are better off.

• Why would he

No, if he had went into Cuba all of the way then it would have for sure set off a war with Russia that would have been awful and that we might have lost. I think that it was very smart of him not to go into Cuba that time.