Should John McCain have won the 2008 presidential election?

• I voted for him.

I wish John McCain would have won the 2009 presidential election because it would have been better for this country. McCain a conservative who believes in allowing people to make it or break it on their own. If he were elected we would not have had all of the bailouts nor the government health care system that has been such a flop. We might have hit a financial hard fall under John McCain but it would have quickly recovered instead of continuing the way it is under President Obama. The way things are now I am afraid for the financial future of my children and grandchildren.

• That would have doomed America.

Oh dear god, no. John McCain and that methed out snowbilly Sarah Palin had no business being anywhere near the two most powerful positions in American government. His choice of Palin showed that he was surrounded by people with spectacularly poor decision making skills who would have followed him into the White House. The Great Recession of 2008 would have been unrecoverable with him at the helm.

• The majority of American people disagree that McCain should have won the 2008 presidential election.

Barack Obama won the 2008 Presidential election by a very large margin. This suggests that the majority of American people did not think John McCain should have won the election. To speculate now if she have won is somewhat moot as it is impossible to predict what may have happened and whether McCain would have been a superior leader had Barack Obama not won.

• No he shouldn't.

I do not think that John McCain should have won the 2008 presidential election because I don't think that is who the people wanted. I do believe that President Obama won fair and square. I do believe he is who the people really wanted to see as president. I can't imagine Sarah Palin as VP!

• Too Old, Too Stubborn

Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., was doing fine until he pointed at Barack Obama and said "that one" during a town hall-style meeting with voters. At that time, McCain suddenly looked racist and ignorant. He was already behind in the polls and lashed out because the Senator had nothing else to go on. McCain was too old to understand what was going on and Sarah Palin was a huge liability that made the Arizona lawmaker look like a lecherous and dirty old man who wanted a younger woman on the ticket. Palin wasn't chosen for her brains!