Should Jon Stewart run for president (or another political office)?

• I hope Jon Stewart runs for President

He would be the best counter argument to the fake news and hatred coming from the alt right trump groups. It may not be good for Jon or his family but it would be great for our country and the world. I hope that he decides to run in 2020.

• 2018 Jon Runs for New Jersey's 4th Congressional District

He can replace social conservative Chris Smith representing his current home/ farm of Middletown Township, New Jersey. That gives him a couple of years to prove his political chops on a national stage to then run for President in 2020. Generationally Jon Stewart represents the end of the baby-boomer generation, but will appeal to many from subsequent younger generations.

• Extremely educated and intelligent

Outside of the establishment, can't be bought, passionate about our country. He is a great example of a person who can stay positive in the face of all of our country's problems. He can relate to the common man while understanding politicians and their motives. Americans know that his heart is in the right place

• If he wants to and there are no major obstacles, then he should run

If he really wants to, and he can convince himself that he can do a better job than Trump, then he should run. But there are some Major obstacles, Can he ignore all the people that tell him it's a bad idea? Will his Wife approve? Is he pressured into running for president or doing it out of sense of duty?

Naturally, in a normal world we would not elect a Comedian as president, but we aren't electing politicians based on policies anyway, if we did, Hilary would have won. We're electing people based on Personalities and how good they look on a television; That's what his campaign should be about: Change the voting system so clowns are no longer elected in public office.

• It's a no brainer

It seems to be a no brainer for Jon to run for president.
    Someone smart, intelligent, knowledgeable and above all conscious in the White House? Could America really handle what that would mean? No big man bullying politics. No more prejudice. No more arrogant racist, sexist attitudes. Is America ready for that?
    After all, Trump was voted in by people with no brains?

• Worth looking into

I must start with the preface: I do love Jon Stewart.
    Having said that, I don't know that I would necessarily vote for him out of hand, but I would lean that way. I seem to know where he would stand on issues, but even though I love him, he might be too far left. We need moderates back, not a leftist fanatic. Not saying that Jon would be, but I could see that happening. If it were a moderate Jon Stewart, sure, I would likely vote for him.

• Please Jon Run

I personally cannot think of a single candidate that could inspire an entire generation to get involved in an election like a Stewart candidacy. Obama was walking out of arenas in 08 like a rockstar, think of the crowds Stewart would draw..And the enthusiasm he would generate. Please Jon run

• Jon Stewart should run for president 2016.

In the political arena in which we currently find ourselves, people like Donald Trump are running away with the polls. If a man who's only skill or policy is to speak in hateful terms and demean other candidates can influence us, then a man like Mr. Stewart can sweep the floor with this race!

• Of course not.

John Stewart is a comedian. He has a good understanding of politics, but he's also my primary source of news. I don't want him to have to give up his show in order to be president. I'm sure he'd make a great president, but I prefer him where he is right now.

• Stay Where He IS

Jon Stewart is an American political satirist, writer, director, television host, actor, media critic, and stand-up comedian (Wikipedia). I do not believe Jon Stewart should run for president or any other political office. He is firmly working in the entertainment industry and many people enjoy the entertainment he provides. Secondly, he has not actual political experience, so a bid for presidency wouldn't be a good option for him.

• He is too funny.

No, Jon Stewart should not run for president, because he is a funny comedian, and he should stick with what he does best. Stewart is a funny comedian. He would not be taken seriously as a politician. He would also have to take sides on political issues, which would make him lose a lot of his audience.