• No one will serve unless it is compulsory

If jury system is optional, majority of the people opt not to attend. In the case of South Korea, jury system is optional. What happens is that majority of the potential jurors ignore their summons and simply do not show up on the day, which delays court processes. To tackle this, the Supreme Court of South Korea is considering a penalty system for jurors who abandon their service. Jury system should not be optional to ensure attendance.

• No reason for Jury Duty when the Court Room and Lawyer already get an answer

Even it is wrong, the convicted has money he/she highly win the case, even it is right, the convicted doesn’t has money he/she highly loose the case and stay in jail (confirm, I said highly not all the time or every time). What the price Jury has to pay for? Loose hours at work (even worse, loose Overtime that you’d worked hard for), if you get pick for Jury Duty, the company cannot fire you for Jury Duty, that only apply for Direct Employee, for Contract Employee with no benefit and secure, highly you will be replace. The Court pay $6.00 a day, your parking spot is cost $8.00+. With the people that it will be nightmare to see the ugly evidence pictures, videos, or subjects like me, it will be hard for me to sleep at night then who will pay for my health, I don’t think the court does because they don’t care. This is the freedom country, as long as you are legal to stay, work hard, stay away trouble, we deserve to live the life of choice, why Jury Duty force to serve when they don’t want to.

• Jury duty is slavery!!!

I work 4 jobs to try to survive. The government is nothing more than corrupted pigs that think they know best about America. What gives these pigs the right to take me from my work for slave money? We all have families, we all have lives. I have no faith with the system and I will continue to do so till the day I die.

• No more jury duty

There should be professional jurors on cases, not random people with lives to attend to. It's as simple as finding people with who work in with law and have court knowledge. It is an inconvenience to people who already have a lot going on and should be optional not forced. Maybe then there won't be so many frustrated people and might be more willing to show up.

• Jury Duty is a civil Duty

The Law is needed yes. BUT jury duty is only a civic duty because the Law makes it so. They say its your required duty. I say its best everyone gets 1 fellony so then no one will ever have to attend. What then? Already nearly 80 percent of our population has been arrested at one time in their life. So the law can be absured once in a while. As you cant do this or that. But thats fine no one thought that if everyone is a criminal then one wont ever have to appear in jury service again. So please keep throwing the book at us as we hate jury service and wont have to attened anymore.

• Yes, make it optional

If I'm on trial for my life, the last thing I want is a jury full of people who don't want to be there.
    If I'm forced unto a jury I will vote for what ever gets me out of there the fastest.
    What's with the stupid word count? Nothing else to say.

• Yes, make it optional

• People have lives

I for one agree that Jury duty should be made optional,because,what if someone has fallen ill,or a member of the jury has to take care of a relative who has fallen ill? N0 one should have to suffer something like that. I say,court should be decided between a Judge,a council,and a person put on trial,and their lawyer.

• It should be optional. People have lives to live and things tk do other than waste time on a jury.

Personally It is stupid. No one should be forced to have to go, forcing people to show up is just going to make it even more likely that people are not going to give a damn enough to make a right choice. Plus think about the situations of others. Some are in school, don't work or have any means of transportation. No one wants to attend jury duty because they don't have the time or don't care. This kind of thing should be left to law professionals. Or at least allow it to be turned down or not responded to without being threatened by a fine.

• The State/Justice System isn't entitled to your labor.

Jury duty should be a choice NOT an obligation. Not everyone agrees with the justice system which is a key reason why it should be voluntary. Also you CAN'T necessarily change the system from the inside. If it's forced chances are it's corrupt and not subject to change inherently. The judges and lawyers are there voluntarily so why should the jurors be any different? An involuntary juror may not be as motivated as a voluntary juror to make the right choice by the way.

• Jury duty is slavery!!!

TheShamelessTruth says2013-10-20T14:52:47.310
Jury's are kind of optional, don't vote you can't be selected.