• Depends on the Offender's Behavior

Juvenile offenders should have an opportunity to get a reduced sentence if they are showing signs of actual rehabilitation and depending on the nature of the crime. The system is not designed to help the troubled youth, but if the proper services can be provided to the young offender, he or she should be able to get a reduced sentence.

• Unless it's a murder, sentences should be shorter than adult sentences

Generally speaking, juvenile offenders should have shorter sentences than adult offenders because lack of maturity and experience can lead to unwise decisions. However, in the case of homicides and mass killings, juvenile offenders should be tried as adults because those crimes are too heinous to be chalked up to youthful bad decision-making.

• Creating Chaos Repressing Lies

A while ago, I viewed a documentary on Netflix the title of which I have long ago forgotten, but one that pertains to this argument. Children were being charged with minor petty crimes, I.e. school house roughery. They were being put away for months sometimes years. In the end ruining their lives by being viewed as criminals, for hair pulling, talking back, etc.

• No I dont think their sentences need to be reduced

A crime is a crime, if it is committed by a juvenile or an adult. If the juvenile is committing a heinous crime , he or she has to be punished and he or she should not be allowed to get away with it. This will help in ensuring the safety if our society