Should Juvenile Offenders Receive Life Sentences?

Asked by: SPENCERJOYAGE14
  • Kids are stupid

They are still learning and they brains are still developing.Ghjdfgdfgdffh kjahdf sdjkafh sdfkhsd fsd fskfjsah fjf sdjkf dsfj sak f fs fjff jf fh djfhfh f ff f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f fdh my name is jeff

• Yes, as a heinous crime is still a heinous crime no matter what your age is.

If a teenager rapes 10 women and then kills them, will they ever be a successful adult? Short answer, no, as they won't be hired by any job. And, who's to say they won't do it again? If a teenager does something worth the life sentence or the death penalty, 99% sure they have a mental problem (except self defense), and they could kill again?

• The Punishment should fit the crime.

A life prison sentence should only typically be given out for extreme crimes, like murder, habitual torture and serial rape. A real, excessive depravity has to be apparent. The crime of murder typically does warrant this. So does defrauding people of millions of dollars. But lesser crimes definitely do not.

• Yes, it provides motivation.

This will give the option to keep them detained if it is probable they are going to continue to be a risk to the public.
    It does not mean they must serve it all, but it is an option that should be left open to pursue if need be. Fifty.

• I don't think they should

Teens a re still kids, one of the last parts of the brain to develop is the part that control impulsivity as well as their moral development. Many can be quite lawless as teens but grow up to be very respectful citizens who could be making a positive contribution to society rather than living off the state in jail as a burden on society.

• No they should not.

Teenagers have so much of a life before them, they should not be placed in a jail for the rest of their lives but instead they should be helped through their troubles. I think we should try to help teens and that would be a lot better and more efficient then a lifetime punishment.

• Kids are stupid

• Kids are influenced by the people around them

I read a case about a boy being in a not so good family and basically having to fend for himself and he was only in middle school he got mixed up in a gang and was wrongly accused and he has shown much progress in the jail since he has been there for over two decades and I believe that he deserves another chance under special circumstances along with other kids who are dealing with the same situation.

• Becomes there are kids

Ffthfcgfcgvvgh ghgggg baby hbhbhbhbh h h h h hbhbhbhbh j j I'm,moms k kmkm,my kmkmimkmk m k m m m m m j j Jan j j j h g h j n b n h m m m m my k. M. M , m k m m m

• No, They Made A Mistake

Teens make a bunch of stupid mistakes because they are young. Yes they should serve the time for the crime but you must realize that these teens if put for life in jail they will never complete there goals and dreams. They made a mistake and that mistake cost them there future. When these teens could contribute something to society if given a second chance.

• Life sentences are excessive.

In cases I read about where juvenile offenders were given life sentences, a few of them involved life without parole for kids who killed their abusive parents, which is unnecessary under those circumstances. When it comes to juveniles who commit violent crimes, the legal system must take a contextual approach.