• He Doesn't Deserve the NBA

Personally, I'm not a fan of basketball, but I definitely agree that he should have been fired. Now they're saying they want him to join the Celtics even though they're more than ten games into the secon and I don't agree. I don't think that he deserves to be in the league anymore.

• Fired Basketball Coach

The Rockets were not doing pretty well during this NBA season. According to the news, the Rockets failed to reach 100 points durin the losing streak and were averaging 20 fewer points in their losse overall this season. Their now former coach, Kevin McHale seems to agree with the reasons as to why he was let go. He knew in his heart that something was just not right, that that teamwork effort was just not there. He knew that the Rockets deserved a much better coach to help them earn more winnings.

• Yes, Kevin McHale deserved to be fired

It was better to make a decisive change in direction before the game results got even worse, or until it got further into the season where it would be a point of no return. Not only was the team losing, but they were very inconsistent and seemed to lack clear direction.

• I dont understand

He was fired so quickly into the season, its unfair.
    Last season, the Rockets were beasts, they had a great run in the playoffs and Harden reached his highest potential.
    Season ends, they do just as well as they could have, and the new season rolls around. The Rockets pick up Ty Lawson, and the hype is real
    Then, everything crumbles.
    Dwight Howard can't get a shot to fall, James Harden can't seem to get anything going, and Ty Lawson doesn't look like who we expected him to be.
    Why is that the coaches fault? They had a bad start to a season, not because of any coaching blunder, but because the players can't step it up. As the saying goes "you can't fire the players, so fire the coach" its a get out of jail free card. It makes it look like the GM is trying, its a PR move without motive. Maybe it was a result of the players whining and trying to blame the coach. Either way, the Rockets jumped to a solution and it won't make that big of a difference unless the players can't start playing well.

• Too soon, I think.

I completely understand that sometimes the firing has little to do with the overall record but the relationship between the coach, the players, the management, and the owner. We saw it with Jim Harbaugh in the NFL. The difference of course was that Harbaugh was let go at the end of the season.

For a team that went to the Conference Finals last year, The Rockets should be a little bit more patient with their coach. 4-7 is not a good record, but an early season record is not always an indicator of how the rest of the season is going to go. Teams change players year to year. Players get injured. They also heal up and get healthy again. There are so many factors that it seems absurd that a firing would happen so early. Another reason why it is so absurd in the NBA is because a team only needs to finish above .500 typically to make the playoffs. They had plenty of time to turn it around.

I get it that relationships break down sometimes, and perhaps a personality clash was what caused it. Other than that, this was way too soon to fire a coach with such recent success.