Should Kevin Trudeau be sentenced to 10 years for making misleading infomercials and misrepresenting his weight-loss books for personal gain?

• Should Pay Restitution Too

Kevin Trudeau should be sentenced to 10 years because his misleading information may have lead to the deaths of several people who tried his weight loss techniques. Trudeau should also compensate victims of his fraud and have his assets liquidated. Hopefully, federal prison will teach Trudeau a lesson that he won't forget.

• There Was More To It

I believe the Kevin Trudeau sentence had more to it than what is indicated here in this question but he definitely deserved the sentence he got, which was ten years. Trudeau participated in several fraudulent activities, lied about the amount of money he had, and tried to avoid paying fines he agreed to pay in settlements. Fraud should be punished, case closed.

• He misled people.

Yes, Kevin Trudeau should be sentenced to 10 years for making misleading infomercials and misrepresenting his weight-loss books for personal gain, because what he did was tantamount to fraud. The things that he said were so outrageous he deserved to pay a large fine, because a lot of people suffered because of his claims.

• I think ten years is a little long.

I understand that Kevin Trudeau committed a crime and needs to serve time in prison for it. I also believe that ten years is far too long for the type of crime. I have a difficult time understanding why a man who is guilty of misrepresenting a product receives a longer prison sentence than a drunk driver who kills a young, innocent family.