Should kids and teens be forced to go to school by the government against their own will?

Asked by: panzer05
  • Not that hard.

School is severely easy. Minimal effort will get you to graduate. If you can't sit in a seat for 7 hours, how are you going to last in the real world. The problem with schools, is that they think that they can control YOUR life on the outside as well. Another problem is that schools teach things that are useless, and then some just let kids be lazy. These rules can be corrected. So can having cell phones out and bullying. A dress code would also work. I controversially colleges should cut who gets in by a certain percent. They won't. But listen: We don't need everyone to have a college degree. Because now it means nothing. We will always need more businesses. More self-made men!

• You have options

The government only requires that you get the equivalent education. In other words home schooling is an option. They government requires this because parents at one point would send there children to work instead of getting an education by doing this the parents severely limited their children's ability to get more than minimum wage as an adult. This creates a cycle of poverty by ensure that each child gets a certain level of education you give them the opportunity to climb the economic ladder to make more than there parents did.

• Freedom for children

People say that they think kids should go to school, but kids should have their freedom and not be forced to get their education the way their parents want, they should be able to choose what they want. Yes they should be in school and get an education to get a job which is explained to them but if they really wanted to drop out and choose their future, they should have that opportunity.

• It depends on what you mean by school

They ahiuldnt be forced to go to the school building. But they should absolutely be forced to get an education at least up to age 16 like it already is now. If you want to homeschool thats fine as long as the kid is getting just as good an education as theyd get in a traditional school. No unschooling

• It is the parents decision not the governments.

I dont think the government should have the right to tell another individual were they need to be for multiple hours of their day. After seeing a mentally handicapped girl being dragged down the hallway by a teacher screaming i dont want to be here i though about this question. This needs to be the decision of the student and that of the parent. And if they dont want to let them learn on their own.

• I wish not

I can learn so much more on my own and i do actualy learn work out and lead a life that is livable
    school is a stress factory full of retards especaly high school... All they do is gossip cry and get mad when someone calls them out for it there is no education involved

• Oh Yes... Absolutely

We should have the government stepping in and tellis US what to do. In fact, why don't they also say that any kid or teenager that brings their cell phone to school will be immediately expelled. Oh yes, I like this idea. Or say that any student that gets a failing grade in one class gets expelled. Yes, we should be pushing for this!

Note the heavy use of sarcasm-laced sentencing used in the above statement. Look, the government already controls enough of our daily lives. Let's be realistic here. Most schools provide bus transportation for children that live to far from the school. Heck, some schools don't even have buses because the kids are close enough that they can walk. Hey, I say that's better than sitting on a bus, wouldn't you say? In all honesty, would you really want our government to have more control over our lives, let alone our children's lives?

Posted by: S.K
  • You have options

• As a Student

I hate school. It is a useless form of slave labor. If America is truly the land of the free, then why are kids forced to go to school? I still think education is important, but when it is forced it becomes useless. I hate doing any research I'm told to do. I learn more things on my own, than I do in school.

• As a Student

• As a Student

• As a Student

• As a Student

• I am a student

As a student I think that everything they teach me is absolutely useless. In fact, when I was in 4th grade, I had to learn about remainders. Then in sixth grade, they said forget everything you learned about remainders because they're useless now. And like another comment school is forced unpaid labor. School, in other words, is slave labor for the government.