Should kids be allowed to have their own cell phones?

Asked by: kawaii_crazy
  • Hi supporting the person

I am a 6th grade student and most of my friends and classmates have their own phones. I think every kid should have their own phone so they can handle responsibility, be more safer and be in contact with their friends, family and far away relatives. In writing class, we are learning how to write opinions such as 'Should kids need homework?', 'Should students need tests?' All that kind of stuff.

• Of course they should be!

Why shouldn't kids be allowed to have cell phones. Ok, let me rephrase this. If kids shouldn't be allowed to have cell phones, then why should adults be allowed to have cell phones. Business? Communication? Work? Kids do all of these. You send an email about an important holiday assignment to your friend but your friend never checks his email. What do you do? You text him. You call your overseas friend to see how he is doing. You text hard questions to your A plus friend and he'll reply in two seconds. Besides, what would happen if you were stuck in the city with no money? You use your cell phone to call your parents.

• They should have phones

In case of an emergency kids should be allowed to have a cell phone to call whoever they may need to. Also for entertainment this generation is all about technology and I would not want to keep them from the fun. I personally don't see anything wrong with it. They should be limited and I would not let the phone get in the way of my kids school work or extracurricular activities.

• There are more pros than cons

1. Kids can use their cell phones to communicate with others.
    2. When I was a kid, I had to use my mom's cell to text my friends and we got confused with who was talking to who.
    3. Schools are now starting to advance technology-wise and at my school, we are sometimes allowed to use our cells.
    4. Students are sometimes teased if they don't have a cell phones.
    5. Kids can develop better social skills.
    6. Parents are sometimes worried their kids will call strangers. Well, if they think there kids are that dumb, they're are probably to immature.
    7. Parents can buy models that restrict the people who call/text their kids. They have nothing to be worried about.
    8. Cell phones can teach kids to be responsible. Their parents should let them know that they have to pay for a new cell if they lose theirs.
    In other words, I think kids should really be allowed to have cell phones.

• Hi supporting the person

• I think Yes!

I think kids should be allowed because sometimes kids have to call their parents in case of an emergency. Also, kids could use it for school purposes. Kids although need to limit their time on it and work. As my grandpa told me "work while you work, play while you play".

• Phones 'Cha is true!

Swaggy mellons all agree that ze children can get ze phones and zat zey can call zeir parents if zere is an emergency. Ve also agree that ze students are sometimes teased 4 not hazzing zem. Ze kids develop ze social skillz. CHILDREEN NEEEDz Thems! GIVE YOUR KIDS THEM NOOOOOOOOW

• All kids should have phones

In my opinion, the latest a kid should get a phone would be middle school, becuase that is when they really need it. There are three main reasons that kids should have phones, which are school, social life and entertainment, and in case of emergencies. Schools are using electronics more and more every day. If a child doesn't have a phone, he or she will miss out on many important learning experiences. It can help with research, they can download apps to help them with school, and many teachers plan their whole day around the use of electronics. Next, not having a phone will effect the child's social life, and they will be bored for a large portion of the day. Texting has become a big thing in he past decade. It allows a child to communicate with their friend away from school. If children only have those 7-8 strictly controlled hours with their friends at school, and school doesn't often allow too much social interaction. Also, phones have countlees apps that take boredom and throw it out the back door by exercising your brain or simply letting you have fun for a bit. Last, and probably most important, children need a phone to get help during emergencies. Whether it be, they got lost at the supermarket, they need a ride home, or they are tied up in the back of someone's car, kids need a way to contact their parents in an emergency. These three reasons are why kids these days need phones to in order to live a safe life with a good education and plenty of friends.

• Kids should have cell phones.

Why not? My sisters' classmates sister got locked into this school and she couldn't get out. She called her parents. There was another person that got locked in a storage closet. Texted her parents. I got lost at a carnival with my sister, and SHE Had a phone. WE CALLED OUR PARENTS!!! If my sis didn't have that phone, we would have been long gone. It would've taken HOURS to find us. Kids should start getting phones at 10\11 years old. They are going to middle school, and should have SOME responsibilities!!
    PEOPLE!!! KIDS SHOULD HAVE PHONES!!!

• Ofcourse they should

Of course they should be! Why shouldn't kids be allowed to have cell phones. Ok, let me rephrase this. If kids shouldn't be allowed to have cell phones, then why should adults be allowed to have cell phones. Business? Communication? Work? Kids do all of these. You send an email about an important holiday assignment to your friend but your friend never checks his email. What do you do? You text him. You call your overseas friend to see how he is doing. You text hard questions to your A plus friend and he'll reply in two seconds. Besides, what would happen if you were stuck in the city with no money? You use your cell phone to call your parents.

• I like cheese-nips better than cheese-its

I really don't understand the reasoning behind this question being posted, so I will attempt humor. Should teenager's have cell phones? No. They'll just use it to buy their crack-cocaine and motercycles. Should pre-teens have cell phones? No because a decent segment of their female population is into Justin Beiber and one direction and therefore can never be trusted with responsibility, and the boys are to aggressive and violent. Should elementary schoolers have cell phones? No, because the odds of them remembering the police phone number quick enough to call for help, and not fail in prank calling companies are very low. Should babies have cell phones? No, they'll choke and die. The cell phones are trying to kill your baby, so watch out. Should fetus's have cell phones? Yes they should, because that would be kind of cool, I wonder if they could get on your family plan without being born.

• No way kids

Children should not be allowed to bring their mobile devices to school because children can lose them, it can be broken or it can make noises during class which as a result can burden their grades. Children could also become antisocial and can burden their social skills
    PHONE SUCK AND PEOPLE SHOULD KNOW THAT.

• NO PED'S for kids

Kids spend too much time using PED's and not enough with face to face interaction. They use PED's instead of exercising, etc.

They also open themselves up to predation.

I have literally seen a small riot of young teen females fighting over what someone said on social media.

Cops everywhere.

The gossip fence is condemned - http://www.gotquestions.org/gossip-Bible.html

If you were a big CEo or politician, could you trust your kids to NOT run their mouths on their phones about your activities?
    Can you be 100% certain they didn't record you or take unauthorized pictures and later blackmail you over them?

It is quite possible.

• Kids should have phones

Good in a emergency, to keep kids safe and teach them responsibility. Parents dont need to worry if there kids are OK because they can text them and just check in on them if they go over to a friends house. This is why I think kids need phones!!! So get your kid a phone

• Kids should have phones

• Kids should have phones

• Kids should have phones

• Kids should have phones

• Yes they should

Well most kids in my school have one and I begged for one and I got one and I got bad grades and then my mom took it away and the I got good grades and the I learned way more responsiblity yay happy face πŸ˜‚ 😍 😐 πŸ˜— 😜

• I think Yes!

queen-of-debate-12 says2016-03-21T00:44:09.070
Yes, of course! I do not have a phone, but most when you get an account, most websites require you to use your "phone code." :(