• Kids should be homeschooled

Many children benefit from learning in the safe environment at home their entire school career. The school systems in many areas are seriously understaffed and under funded and many lack the resources to give a quality education to the children they are responsible to teach. In the era of over administration and zero tolerance many children are being over and under punished depending on school policy or race. Schools are also teaching more to taking the standardized tests they are forced to take then teaching skills needed in the real world. The educational system needs massive overhauling before it will ever be near the quality of many quality home schools.

• What You Learned Today

I'm sure all you guys know that in schools, especially state schools in which there are no extension programs, there are kids who are more intelligent than others- no, not nerds, but smart kids. I ( not bragging) have experienced boredom first-hand, not because I don't care, but because I know it all. So I would do a lot better if I was at home. You might say they can do depth studies at school. I'm sure you would have access to this website (aka the Internet), so you can do research!!

• All forms of schooling are about education

Schooling, whether it is homeschoool, public school, or private, is about education. It is therefore boggling, at least in my mind, that the primary opposition to homeschooling is based on the socialization myth. When, in your adult life, have you ever been in a social situation the was solely made up of 20 or so peers that were only your same age, same socioeconomic background, from your same geographical area? It would be a rarity, if it every happened. As adults, we don't socialize with large groups of people that resemble ourselves. We interact with people from a wide variety of demographics. To say that public school provides some sort of superior advantage to children socially is a naive notion. In fact, it provides a disadvantage if you consider that they are not actually putting their socialization to use in real world scenarios. During their schooling years, day in and day out they are socializing with the same people over and over. They rarely deal with adults outside of the role of the adult being in an authoritarian role. This is not a realistic idea of socialization. Homeschooled children have the opportunity to socialize with all kinds of people throughout their day. Many homeschooling parents make it a priority to involve their children in activities and real world scenarios outside the home. Whether with a group of their peers (such as in a co-op class) or with people from various demographics in church groups, at the grocery store, or volunteering at various places. With all that said, each form of education should be judged based on how the individual child will benefit from the particular form of education that is being provided to them--not based on something (like socialization) that is a 'side effect' of education.

• Some people need support

And schools rarely give it to them. If a child is home schooled then they have the full attention and support of the person teaching them who can make sure that the lessons suit the pupil. Schools either can't or can't be bothered to do this. Homeschooling is just specialist teaching with someone you know.

• Free minded thinking

I wish I would have pulled my kids out of public schools a long time ago. This year my 2 teenage children after much thought and research decided to homeschool. The only problem my daughter is having is learning how to have freedom of choice. I let them pick what they want to write about. Then some other guidelines to support what they are writing but, she is so used to being told every thing to do and what to think. So we are working on opening our minds and thinking on our own. The freedom to teach and learn from anywhere is exciting for all 3 of us. We are lucky to live in an area full of history, museums, science, and access to 5 major cities in less than 2 hours to go and experience education not just sit in a classroom that is being interrupted or slowed down from to many students. I say if the parent can handle and has the time to manage the homeschool process then go for it!

• I am Homeschooled, and it is Working just well.

I am currently homeschooled, and am set to be in the ninth grade this coming August.
    Homeschooling has made me what I am now, because I am learning in a one-on-one situation, I am learning at my level. (I took an IQ test and my results were 150 points.) I took a test on whether or not I could pass highschool, back when I was a sixth grader, and my results came out "You Can Pass Highschool with a B+."
    I can only explain such results by being homeschooled all of my life, starting from the age of four.
    Sure, I may not be the most social girl in the neighborhood, but I make up for that by saying that school is for education, and my entire family believes such.
    Also.. Whatever images of homeschoolers you may have are not always the case. Although I know some families differ, my family encourages free will. My father, while he may disagree at times, strongly encourages me to voice my opinion, start discussions, and participate in debates.
    We are taught under the Baptist principle, but, once again, I have absolute free will. My dad is even accepting of my if I disagree with what the Bible says, or if I view what the Bible says on a different level as he does.
    But whatever the case is, homeschooling is nothing but success.

• Homeschooling Has Been Proven To Help

I believe that homeschooling is a right and a privilege to students because I have been attending homeschool/online school for my entire life and I know what the experience is like. It's so peaceful, I have the opportunity to work at my own pace, and in online school, I have real teachers with whom I can interact with if I need help with anything. Homeschooled children have a higher chance of graduating from college and are more independent. We are taught that it is OK to be different and that fitting in with your peers should not be more important than getting your education and becoming intelligent. That is what will help students in college; they will come focused and prepared for a future of learning. I also think that too many people have been worried about socializing. School is intended for learning and it should stay that way. Because we homeschooled kids are not forced to go out every day, we are more motivated to get out for ourselves and not for our classmates. The problems about making sure they graduate and get good grades can easily be solved through state regulation; we do take state tests, receive report cards and have 24/7 access to an online grade book. I have proof that it works because I, unlike many people opposed to homeschool, actually have the experience with it.

• We should be Homeschooled

I agree that the social part of life is important and you an have that with home school. Certain homeschooling program such as Summit Academy have you go out to school once a week, which counts for the socializing aspect of life. It also creates a more focused and comfortable environment. Also it is really up to the parents to decide whether they want to home school their children or not.

• Homeschooling Features Its Consequences

Unfortunately, children that are homeschooled tend to miss out on the experience that public schools offer. These students don't interact with their peers as often and they don't necessarily learn leadership skills. Homeschooling might provide a more focused education, but the peripheral benefits of public school are missed out on.

• Homeschooling is restrictive and inconvenient

In a homeschool, children are exposed to few people, preventing them from developing a healthy social life. Their only social interactions are with their family, and public school students already have plenty of this in addition to hundreds of other students they can interact with, allowing them to learn more about the real world. Also, the curriculum of homeschooling parents is up to the parents, which means they can teach the child whatever they want! Homeopathy is effective, or Yahweh created the universe, or the scientific explanation for lightning is a hoax created by the Thor-deniers. This means that the child is exposed to a completely different viewpoint of the world, one that, when they grow up, will not fit with the knowledge of the public-school-educated people who have been given a government-approved, thought-out and planned curriculum.

• Kids Should Not Be Homeschooled

No, children should not be homeschooled as being homeschooled causes a child to miss out on important socialization during his/her formative years. School is a place of learning, but it is also a place of socializing, and it is just as important for this focus. Homeschooling eliminates the chance for this socializing.

• Seriously No Friends

You will not have any friends left because you will be bored. And you want have fun . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

• Hello social skills?!?

Guys come on now, homeschooling completely destroys a child's social skills which are needed for these things we call jobs. Yes, it does offer a chance to save kids from getting hurt and it takes care of the worst idea ever AKA common core. Overall homeschooling can completely wreck a child's future. My little brother is homeschooled he went to his first quarter of public school in 6th grade and he was so nervous he threw up everywhere causing our mother to put him back into homeschooling. Seriously homeschooling is great in some ways but I don't think that any of us would like to allow our own children to get rid of their future. If you do choose to homeschool your child you have to understand that you can't take them out again.

• Children should not home school.

This is because in school the benefits are that you can learn about relationships and plus you can learn more things. For example you parents might be a professional in science but they might not know about music or other subjects very well in depth. On the other hand, in school, there are different teachers who are professional at a subject and can teach you in depth. This is the reason why kids shouldn't be home schooled.

• Lack of resources

Being homeschooled may have benefits for short term, but in the long term it won't help the student. Not only would the student not have the resources or activities, but lack of human contact. I knew someone who was homeschoo, and they had the social skills of a rock. There would also be a lack of resources and interaction. It would also drain the resources of the parent. There would be little team projects as well

• Children don't deserve to be homeschooled

I think that the children that are home schooled wouldn't have the proper skills needed to learn. I mean if a child gets home schooled then how would they go to university or college? Who knows if they graduated and what about report cards? These are reasons why a child doesn't deserve to be home schooled.