• Get good grades first, learn to mature, then dating.

Look, I'm a sixth grader, I say it might be a good idea to date, if you really want to date this person and they want to date you. But make sure both of you are mature enough, that you won't take your girlfriend/boyfriend more seriously than your grades on your exams. If you're in sixth grade and I already started, and your partner isn't as mature as you are. Tell them to hold off for a while. Dating is a decision YOU need to make on your own, don't date just because it'll make you popular, date if you really love this person from the bottom of your heart and YOU make all these decisions. Don't let anyone judge you from what YOU want to do. And if your partner isn't ready for dating, respect THEIR opinion too. You only live childhood once, learn knew things and don't go over dramatizing things.
    - A love expert and student in 6th grade

• I'm dating someone

I am in 6th grade and I've been dating a girl for about 6 months so I say go for it unless your parents don't want you to then wait until you have their approval. But don't keep it a secret tell everyone so they don't ask out your girlfriend and make it weird..

• Heck yea!!!! Let them!!!!

I guess it depends to the parent or guardian really, but to those parents, they should let them. They need to know! Would you rather deal with all this stuff at like 16 (dads) when they have ideas of secretly dating and start having sex! That could ruin their lives! You can avoid that by telling them but, still putting rules to their "love life"

• Yea, why not? We can be mature enough

Kids in 6th grade should be allowed to date, only if they are mature enough. If kids are mature enough to go to the mall with friends, then they are mature enough to choose the right guy/ girl for a temporary or life long relationship. :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

• Expression of certain feelings

When one is born, one is able to feel certain attractions to another. This feeling is perfectly natural and should not be restrained anyhow. Some say that one can't fall in love in sixth grade, but that is untrue. One has been surrounded by love in our community from elders to our siblings. Dating is simply a way to express your love for another. The more the experience you have, the more successful your relationship will be. Overtime these kids will become adults and they will rely on their relationship skills to survive in a community such as ours.

• Its their own choice

As long as you keep your grades passing you should have every right to date. That is if your parents allow you to date. I'm in the 6th grade and i have a girlfriend so why cant other 6th graders date? And all of you that think we shouldn't date you can just be quiet. ITS OUR CHOICE.

• Its their own choice

• TrUMP only y

Yes they should date they should date around 11 if they are mate enough then yes if they are allowed then fine they need to get married yes or no yes donald trump rules yes he does Hispanics shouldent date there to little and in mature so I say white only

• Sure, why not

Not everyone thinks dating this young is a good idea, but I think it is a great opportunity for kids to learn responsibility. In my opinion, dating should be aloud for teens all ages. I don't think kids under middle school should be dating, but if you can keep your grades up and do good in class, I say sure, why not.

• Sure, why not

• They're not even ''dating''

Kids just want to say.. ''I have a gf/bf'' they really dont tbh, most of the time they aren't event doing anything. Personally I think it's a waste of time and it's silly. I mean, YOU CAN'T EVEN DRIVE! What are u gonna do? Have ur mom drop u off at chucky cheese? Lol. I am un the sixt grade, I say wait till u can drive and u have a job :)

• What are we going to do?

What are you going to do in 6th grade with your boyfriend or girlfriend? Go hold hands on the playground??? Seriously???? Be real.Its not like you are going to get married so whats the point???Every one is so immature. It just causes drama and jealousy. Don't grow up too fast!

• They are way too young and the average age to start dating is 16 not 9!

I've seen 9 year old girls and 9 year boys holding hands and once I saw a 9 year old boy kiss a 9 year old girl eww! And it was gross kids should not do that that young. And then a 12 year old boy asked a 10 girl out for a date and her response was " yes,yes I will." eww! That is so gross.Someone should complain.

• Too Serious, Too Soon

Kids who date in the sixth grade are likely to become parents by the ninth grade. Although they may begin to develop an interest in the opposite sex, pursuing these feelings in anything other than group situations or experiences opens the doors for teen pregnancy. They are far too immature to begin to handle feelings of sexuality in sixth grade.

• If 15, 16, 17, and 18 year olds can't handle it, then how can an 11 year old handle it??

Listen, kids need to be kids and stop worrying about dating. When you've only been alive for barely 10 years, you don't need to have a boyfriend or girlfriend. Everyone just needs to enjoy being friends. Of course, you can't control how you feel about someone but you can control your actions. You don't need to be in a relationship that young. You're rushing into things that you're not ready for. You're not mature enough for it. Teenagers aren't mature enough for it. Teenage girls and boys are killing themselves and having low self-esteems because the person they like doesn't like them back. I don't think we need our youth getting involved in those things so early.

• Not at all.

It doesn't matter how old you are or how mentally old you think you are, kids have all the time in the world to date. Enjoy the time you have to be a kid. Life is more fun when you're single. There are people in my grade (12th) who have never dated or kissed and don't regret it. Honestly, people who are 16, 17, and even 18 & 19 who can't handle the stress of dating, let alone an 11 year old who is just figuring their self out.

• No why in the hell?!?

What's the point of dating in grade six like they even know what their going to do with a relationship , they'll just be wasting there time and then they'll go crazy and crap and the only reason they would probably have a boyfriend anyways would to be to make someone jealous

• We are only little kids

We are only 11-12 year olds we should not.Be aloud too date because once again we are just kids. Also everyone at my school is allways spreading rumors about a kids private parts being cut off but it's not true. So take my advice and take life slow because before you know it being a kid is going to end in like 3 years so make it last.

• More mature kids choose not to date

I have noticed all the mature 6th graders at my school have decided not to date, and the ones who do date are not as happy, because it is growing up to fast. Also, with dating their are two options, you can either:
    a) Get married
    b) break up
    I am pretty sure no one is going to actually get married in sixth grade, so that leaves break up.
    Also, I hug my friends who are boys, and in sixth grade, should not go farther than hugging a person I date, so besides the title, what's so different about it than a normal friendship? The basis of love is friendship too. Most kids do it for reputation, and as a rebellion against their parents advice.

• Of course not

My friend is dating my other friend and it is
    Going wrong. She didn't even tell her parents. It's crazy. Now she's trying to go with someone else and cmon wait till your in high school or even college because you can focus on school and not on this crap.