• Get good grades first, learn to mature, then dating.

Look, I'm a sixth grader, I say it might be a good idea to date, if you really want to date this person and they want to date you. But make sure both of you are mature enough, that you won't take your girlfriend/boyfriend more seriously than your grades on your exams. If you're in sixth grade and I already started, and your partner isn't as mature as you are. Tell them to hold off for a while. Dating is a decision YOU need to make on your own, don't date just because it'll make you popular, date if you really love this person from the bottom of your heart and YOU make all these decisions. Don't let anyone judge you from what YOU want to do. And if your partner isn't ready for dating, respect THEIR opinion too. You only live childhood once, learn knew things and don't go over dramatizing things.
    - A love expert and student in 6th grade

• I'm dating someone

I am in 6th grade and I've been dating a girl for about 6 months so I say go for it unless your parents don't want you to then wait until you have their approval. But don't keep it a secret tell everyone so they don't ask out your girlfriend and make it weird..

• YES!!!! Of course!

This has me shocked! Parents let kindergarteners and even preschoolers date because it is cute, but when a sixth grader dates, the parents believe it is wrong. A sixth grader should, like some have previously said, date because they love that person from the bottom of their heart, and not for popularity! A mature pair of sixth graders is a good idea. ☺️❤️😍😊😁

• It's true children have this in mind

Children are children. They're either mature or not. It's just a little cute way to be in love, BUT!, Of course they don't do anything EVEN if they said, " let's date" or " do you want to be my bf/gf" what's the point? You will get heartbrokened easily anyway.😐

• Totally, they should

I'm in 6th grade nearly 7 and I've been dating a boy for a while. My parents know so do his and they're completely supportive about it. Though we do focus on our grades a lot which you should. You have to focus on grades other wise you could fail! And no one wants to fail! But one bad thing is that I hang out with boys and he hangs out with girls so we get jelous of each other 😂 It's also a good idea so they can learn responsibility. And I'm sure if they are mature enough to go to the shops then they're mature enough to have a boyfriend or girlfriend!

• Nothing too bad about about it

I really don't find a problem about dating in 6th grade. I'm in 7th but around September 28 after school I was really attracted to getting a girlfriend and thinking of getting one (until I get a crush and whatever). It depends on the child's maturity, the parents, whether his performance at school will drop or not, etc. A lot of people may not agree with this, but maybe they should have dinner or ouch together at a mall or the other's house, watch movies, go to the mall, and communicate in electronic ways, unchaperoned. It's good for 6th graders to learn responsibility, especially right before middle school. Kids deserve to be in their own world, where there is only that one and the other. They are in their own world, of romance and being together and only together, where one cn learn from the other, hold hands, kiss (only on the cheeks, though. Maybe around Grade/Year 7 or 8, the mouth), and just live their lives together. I don't even think there should be an age limit for dating.

If you wanna date, then just do what you know will be the better for you (with asking parental permission, of course). Let time be time, but let you be your self.

• Its their own choice

As long as you keep your grades passing you should have every right to date. That is if your parents allow you to date. I'm in the 6th grade and i have a girlfriend so why cant other 6th graders date? And all of you that think we shouldn't date you can just be quiet. ITS OUR CHOICE.

• Its their own choice

• TrUMP only y

Yes they should date they should date around 11 if they are mate enough then yes if they are allowed then fine they need to get married yes or no yes donald trump rules yes he does Hispanics shouldent date there to little and in mature so I say white only

• Sure, why not

Not everyone thinks dating this young is a good idea, but I think it is a great opportunity for kids to learn responsibility. In my opinion, dating should be aloud for teens all ages. I don't think kids under middle school should be dating, but if you can keep your grades up and do good in class, I say sure, why not.

• What are we going to do?

What are you going to do in 6th grade with your boyfriend or girlfriend? Go hold hands on the playground??? Seriously???? Be real.Its not like you are going to get married so whats the point???Every one is so immature. It just causes drama and jealousy. Don't grow up too fast!

• They're not even ''dating''

Kids just want to say.. ''I have a gf/bf'' they really dont tbh, most of the time they aren't event doing anything. Personally I think it's a waste of time and it's silly. I mean, YOU CAN'T EVEN DRIVE! What are u gonna do? Have ur mom drop u off at chucky cheese? Lol. I am un the sixt grade, I say wait till u can drive and u have a job :)

• They are way too young and the average age to start dating is 16 not 9!

I've seen 9 year old girls and 9 year boys holding hands and once I saw a 9 year old boy kiss a 9 year old girl eww! And it was gross kids should not do that that young. And then a 12 year old boy asked a 10 girl out for a date and her response was " yes,yes I will." eww! That is so gross.Someone should complain.

• We are only little kids

We are only 11-12 year olds we should not.Be aloud too date because once again we are just kids. Also everyone at my school is allways spreading rumors about a kids private parts being cut off but it's not true. So take my advice and take life slow because before you know it being a kid is going to end in like 3 years so make it last.

• If 15, 16, 17, and 18 year olds can't handle it, then how can an 11 year old handle it??

Listen, kids need to be kids and stop worrying about dating. When you've only been alive for barely 10 years, you don't need to have a boyfriend or girlfriend. Everyone just needs to enjoy being friends. Of course, you can't control how you feel about someone but you can control your actions. You don't need to be in a relationship that young. You're rushing into things that you're not ready for. You're not mature enough for it. Teenagers aren't mature enough for it. Teenage girls and boys are killing themselves and having low self-esteems because the person they like doesn't like them back. I don't think we need our youth getting involved in those things so early.

• Not at all.

It doesn't matter how old you are or how mentally old you think you are, kids have all the time in the world to date. Enjoy the time you have to be a kid. Life is more fun when you're single. There are people in my grade (12th) who have never dated or kissed and don't regret it. Honestly, people who are 16, 17, and even 18 & 19 who can't handle the stress of dating, let alone an 11 year old who is just figuring their self out.

• No why in the hell?!?

What's the point of dating in grade six like they even know what their going to do with a relationship , they'll just be wasting there time and then they'll go crazy and crap and the only reason they would probably have a boyfriend anyways would to be to make someone jealous

• More mature kids choose not to date

I have noticed all the mature 6th graders at my school have decided not to date, and the ones who do date are not as happy, because it is growing up to fast. Also, with dating their are two options, you can either:
    a) Get married
    b) break up
    I am pretty sure no one is going to actually get married in sixth grade, so that leaves break up.
    Also, I hug my friends who are boys, and in sixth grade, should not go farther than hugging a person I date, so besides the title, what's so different about it than a normal friendship? The basis of love is friendship too. Most kids do it for reputation, and as a rebellion against their parents advice.

• Too Serious, Too Soon

Kids who date in the sixth grade are likely to become parents by the ninth grade. Although they may begin to develop an interest in the opposite sex, pursuing these feelings in anything other than group situations or experiences opens the doors for teen pregnancy. They are far too immature to begin to handle feelings of sexuality in sixth grade.

• First of WAY to young to be dating

When i was in 6th grade kids said they were dating and i was stunned and what 73% of people that went on this site voted yes its just stupid the age you should be to start dating would be around 15 to 16 and 6th graders are 10 11 or 12 in my opinion kids "dating" in the sixth grade should not be ok