• Children always needs to defend themselves.

A child can't just let themselves get beat up. Saying "stop" will not help. Walking away will not help either. It only show your bully that your a weak and vulnerable target. Every should have the right to defend themselves and show the bully in physical contact that its disrespectful to hit ,kick, or grab the victim.

• Of course so.

Because if we don't stand up to bullies it will be more reports if kids/teens killing their selves because they are tired of getting bullied. But kids or teens are not the only ones getting bullied and if you see someone getting bullied you should go tell and adult you trust or go tell a consular don't just stand there having your phone out taking a video.

• Human defends himself a slave takes the strike of the whip

As a child myself I personally think that kids should have the right to defend themselves from bullies because, we won't learn how to handle and protect ourselves as adults. Just think about it, in the future you're 20 years old or older. Some guy that has a nasty opinion about you and decides to fight. Now would you really lack this much common sense not to defend yourself and let this guy give you a beating that you don't even deserve in the first place. It's honestly really like slavery in school. You can't defend yourself and speak up all just because our age.

• Kids' deserve the right to protect themselves

As many have said, a victim should not be expected to take whatever a bully wants to dish out for fear of being punished. If a person is physically attacked, their wellbeing is threatened and they have the right to try to prevent further attacks. My son 11 year old was hit by 3 kids "playing a slap game." He raised his hands to try to fend off the third slap. The principal said that since he retaliated, if we pursued punishment for the 3 kids that took turns slapping him, he too, would be suspended. Ridiculous!

• They should defend themselves

In High School I was told that not even being cornered or threatened justified hitting back. Well then, if I am in a spot where a bully goes forth as holding a weapon towards me, and I am cornered by the bullies with no way out, I am supposed to allow them to hurt or even kill me? Then what am I going to do? I have one life and I can't lose it. I have to defend myself.

• They should defend themselves

• I say yes.

When you get pushed around you need to stand up for yourself. You cannot just let bullies hurt you or push you around. Grownups say you should never hit anybody but what if you're in a spot where bullies hold a weapon at your throat, then what are you going to do? Let them hurt you? How about no! Defend yourself!

• Every Child should have the right to defend themselves

My daughter is in a situation right now where she has been assaulted twice in the last 6 weeks by the same girl. The first time she was pushed repeatedly while trying to get away. Because she finally pushed back at the end she was punished the same as the bully. This time the other girl pushed her against a wall and then physically restrained her by holding her by her shirt near her breasts. She hit the girl one time and attempted to walk away only to be tackled. This time the school wants to suspend them both. I will not now nor ever tell my daughter or any other child that they have to be at the mercy of their attacker until school authorities arrive to diffuse the situation. It cruel and emotionally scarring to be forced to suffer such treatment. To any parent, teacher, principal, psychologists or doctors who say otherwise, I invite you to be attacked and lay there like a punching bag until the authorities get there. Good luck and I hope your injuries are minor!

• Bullies pick on the people they think look weak or defenseless.

Showing the bully that you are not afraid to raise your fists against them and defend yourself will make them back off. There are many instances where "telling an adult" or "talking it out" doesn't do crap. Some little snot heads need to be dealt with with a smack to the face.

• Why not if you were getting bullied would you like to be pushed around

I think students should be able to defend themselves. If your child or sibling was getting bullied and you didn't know about it until your child came home with a bloody nose and a busted lip how would you feel. So let them fend for themselves. So the bully won't keep coming back

• Kids should not defend themselves

They cant solve it alone. They need help. We cannot simply rely on our own young generation to be expective to solve bully problems alone. Kids should not stand up to bullies before building an army of supporters who advice him, what to do, how to it and why to do it. David Pelka, in contrary was bullied by his parents, and remained needlessly bowled over, and conquered alone. There was nothing the kid could do. This makes us responsible for defending bullies in most circumstances.

Dr wasad psychologist treatment and doctor