• Based off of grades

You are in school for just as long as you would work, you do work just as you would in a job, but you don't get paid to do it. This, in part, is why kids don't see much point in school, because why work if you will receive no pay?

• Because yup yup

This is because of the people who are bad at school they need money in order for them to do good. If students don't get paid for going to school they aren't trying very hard. This is because of all the fluffy kittens that walk about the world meowing. Jk

• Kids need motivation

Kids need more of a motivation these days. Kids out dropping out of school because they can go and find something better to do that they will be paid to do. If kids were paid we would have suck a huge dropout rate. Especially high schoolers.
    If i was payed to go to school i know i would put more of an effort into wanting to do my homework. Wanting to pay attention in class. Other than that, i don't really have a passion to want to go to school or do my homework so i do the bare minimum. So if i was payed i know i would try as hard as i can to keep my grades as best as possible.

• This is down right unfair

Students should get paid to go to school because they spend a majority of there life there and
    Invest money time and energy into school. If an adult spends any amount of time at a job they get
    Paid for it by the hour but students don't get paid for spending months in school that's unfair and unjust.

• They should get paid

Kids have to sit in school all day and smell their teachers breath and listen to them talk And get yelled at by their teacher. I think kids should get paid because they have to put up with bullying and being physically hurt. In my own opinion I think kids should get paid so they don't steal from their parents and have less trouble when they come to school

• I think they should because,

Kids just sit there bored wasting their time. If kids got paid to go to school maybe they would do better in school because they would know that they are at least getting a reward for wasting their time. Everyday we wake up knowing we have to go to school and it ruins our day. If we got paid maybe we would want to go to school and we would work harder.

• As a kid at school, i think we should.

WE ARE PAYING TO DO WORK. No saying blah blah blah about how it will stop teachers getting paid. The government can pay them. At least 5 dollars a hour would be nice i would even go for 3. But common i hate school this would make school alot funner and i would put much more effort in knowing i will be paid.

• I don't know

I don't know. I don't know, i don't know. I don't know. I don't know. I don't know. I don't know. I don't know. I don't know. I don't know. I don't know. I don't know. I don't know. I don't know. I don't know. I don't know. I don't know. I don't know.

• You like big hotdogs so u must eat dem to gte meximum MLG m8

Mlg mlg mlg mlg mlg mlg mlg mlg mlg mlg mlg mlg mlg mlg mlg mlg mlg mlg mlg mlg mlg mlg mlg mlg mlg mlg mlg mlg mlg mlg mlg mlg mlg mlg mlg mlg mlg mlg mlg mlg mlg mlg mlg mlg mlg mlg mlg mlg mlg mlg

• Of course not- that's ridiculous.

A student goes to school for their own benefit already. It is to the benefit of the child to get a proper education, so that he or she can actually get a job and survive on his or her own. Add in a college education and you're already "paying" the student for that education- college graduates make nearly a million more on average during a lifetime than a high school graduate and are far less likely to end up on public assistance or unemployed.

This is the kind of lazy, entitled nonsense the millennial generation pushes because they think the world owes them something.

• It's the kid's benefit

The parents pay the school for their kids to go to school and learn. In a way, learning is payment for the kids. In exchange for their parents' money, kids learn valuable skills to use in life. Also, this system wouldn't work, because the school legally has no right to give kids money without parent's consent, and some parents won't want to, and also the teachers need to be paid, and the school may go bankrupt if it pays the kids AND the teachers.

• I do not agree

Kids are kids they are too young to get payed to go to school.
    God knows what they will use they're money at.
    It possibly could destroy they're future.
    And kids should be taught by consequences if they get money for going to school then the economy will be destroyed.

• Would'nt the money go to waste

Just think about it this wouldnt make anything better the money would go to waste duh ust think about it this wouldnt make anything better the money would go to waste duh ust think about it this wouldnt make anything better the money would go to waste duh ust think about it this wouldnt make anything better the money would go to waste duh

• For good grades they should.

Kids shouldn't get paid to go to school. That's stupid. Just being there would not work. But, for A+s, they should. It's a reward for good grades. Why can't they get anything for the A+s they've earned? I suggest if you get all As you should get $10-20. Fair enough.

Posted by: Riru
  • Kids should not get paid to go to school.

Kids get to go to school for free as a part of their public education. It does not make sense that they should get paid since they are not providing a service to anyone or producing any kind of product. Kids should be happy to be getting a free eduation.

• This is just nonsense

Ahem. So. Students should get paid because they BENEFIT from education? Because they GAIN KNOWLEDGE? Because they become smarter? Is this some kind of a joke? Really?
    The answer is obvious no. Students BENEFIT FROM THE EDUCATION, as opposed to workers, from whose work, the company benefits, and thus pays.

• Oh goodness me, this WAS a serious question

I looked it up because I thought it was a joke. Well, it wasn't. Despite all these years of accumulated knowledge favoring persuasive teaching techniques as opposed to senseless violence, I really feel like kicking the arse of the spoiled brat who posted this. Let me count to one hundred... Ok, I'm calm now.

School HELPS kids. Yes i know many of you would rather be playing video games, watching TV non stop, and the worse ones drinking alcohol or doing drugs, but you know what? That's not good for anyone. Not good for you, not good for your parents, not good for society as a whole. School takes a family-sheltered individual (typically at a very tender age) and turns it into a social person. And that's also the reason online education is an appalling idea -you might learn biology, history and calculus online, what you won't learn is to interact with other human beings.

Now are all schoolteachers good? Of course not. Are some of them dull. Boring, or openly disinterested in what they do? Yep. Could school be much better? You bet. But the point is, use the money to build BETTER schools in every way. Not to pay students. Darn, I better stop writing about this, or I'm going to blow up again.

• And where would this money come from

The governments already pay billions and billions of dollars to make the schools run by paying teachers, buying equipment, building the schools and so on. The country would go broke if they paid the kids to attend as well.

The students are not working to produce any products for society, or doing anything to help others. Why would they get paid?

• Paid to get an education?

WHY SHOULD KIDS BE PAID TO GET AN EDUCATION??? THIS IS JUST MAD. Sucking money out of the economy or money out of their parents which could be going to better use, but instead being paid to go to school? NO. Money is now motivating them to get and education? No. If you don't want to get an education that is your problem and your life. But one thing to remember is that education is one of the most important things in life. Education is power.

johnsonbalke says2013-10-24T07:09:25.040
There is no point in paying students for going to school, however, there can be exceptions in the case of students who either have financial constraints or who have difficulty in making their ends meet. Otherwise there can be no valid reason for paying students for coming to school http://www.Woodbridgeuniversity.Com/programs/certificate/undergraduate-course-certificate.Asp