• Of course they should.

I know when I was younger and I sucked at every single sport known to man I would have loved to get a trophy for participating. Those kind of trophy's don't teach kids that they always win, they just give them the motivation to try. They promote a healthy response in a kid like "Hey, you were a part of something, you tried, you did good, and even if you didn't win you still tried your hardest." They teach kids about good sportsmanship and they teach them to accept when they lose because they tried. At least a participation trophy gives kids like myself something to show for their effort. I known in my personal experience any time I ever tried a sport I got nothing for it, nothing at all, I had no trophies to show for how hard I tried to be good. Some kids will always suck at sports, but hey if they got a participation trophy at least they'd have something to show for how hard they tried to be good. What's so wrong with that?

• Trophies get kids motivated.

I think that some kind of an award would be nice for a child. I used to participate in a bunch of sports and I never got any award. I was sad after every event. One of my friends always brags about how good she is at all of these sports and she hurts my feelings so I am all in for giving out trophies.

• It makes them feel like their worth something.

Children have a different mind set then adults do. If they see another kid get a trophy and they don't, They are going to feel like they are not good enough. Playing sports at a young age is mostly for fun anyways. So all of them should get trophy's. They are all apart of the team and contributed something. Yes i think they should get participation trophy's. When i was a kid it always boost my confidence and made me think i had a chance in life.

• Not Trophy but Some prize should be given

As today is the competitive world definitely all the children's does not deserve trophy but if we given some prize for their participation then it will motivate children to do more best and to achieve the best prize as if only winners get the trophy then it may create jealousy feeling in the other children against the winning children.So to remove this jealousy feeling we have to give some prize to all the children to motivate them to achieve the winning trophy.

• Participation trophies are good.

Kids develop at different rates. There's nothing wrong with getting a trophy for paying a league fee. At early ages it means about as much as getting a trophy for winning. My son has always been better than really good at baseball. He knew at an early age that the game was meant to be fun. He's 15 and still loves the game. He destroys batters and pitchers, gets trophies for winning but knows it really doesn't matter because it's a game.

• It's more about building their self esteem

Hdhd hdhd hdhdh hdhdhd jejdj jeh heh heh heh eh he he je he he he he he ue ue eyeb dhdh hdhd hdhd hdhd hdhd jdhd hdhd has been a long time ago and I have a good one and the right to the point of view is that the ea

• They are good......

They are good because they give you more self esteem and confidence and good sportsman ship and they are good because they help you because happy inside of you and it just helps you not becaome as competitive in those sports and they help you become cool and nice ,

• Childhood Awards or Life Lessons

Such a sad thing when grownups bully children into a winner or loser category. This article might be helpful to support one side of the argument. With so many critical issues facing this new generation of children, you would think the focus would be on childhood safety; Not Trophies.

• Kids deserve rewards

Participation trophies are beneficial because they raise confidence levels, motivate kids and teach them better sportsmanship. If only one trophy was given out, there would be more aggression and all the kids would be fighting against each other to be the best, even if they were on the same team! It is a team sport, not a one player team....

• No they dont

Because i wont tell them if they are good or not even if you play soccer and you score about ten own goals you get a trophy that doesnt sound right its dumb you should get trophys for accaully trying your best if your lazy your life will be miserable life isnt fair but its worth to try

• No kids should get trophies

Kids shouldnt get trophies because looking back i have at least 50 trophies from my childhood just in my basement scene i was 7. I HAVE A TON.COme on. I mean i bet i couldve gotten a trophy for eating huh? It was for participating. Not if your good or bad.

• Because then thay wont pertise a pate

No because if the kids now there going to get a trophies then they will not participate in the activity. Say if someone just sat on the bench and not want to play the game sometimes the hole game. The league should come up with a trophy for the teem that won the last game in the finals should get it. And it a good lesson wen people get older they wont get a trophy just for showing up and playing they will have to put up the extra effort.

• They are unnecessary and pointless.

If kids know that they are going to get a trophy for only showing up for practice or not trying your best, they won’t try to accomplish anything. They won’t do anything because they are quite aware that they don’t have to. They’ll get a reward anyway. Some people may say that awards spur kids who aren't the best at what they do to work harder. In truth, nonstop recognition makes kids feel like they are already perfect at what they are doing and shuts them down to any improvement.

• Its not special Because everyone gets one!

Whenever I got a participation trophy, it just made me feel more sad that I didn't win the tournament. We, as a country, don't need to make kids feel sad that they epic failed to win. So we give them a trophy? I always just threw my participation trophies away.

• No they should not.

If your kid gets beat by someone who worked hard to win, why take all the spotlight. I am one of those kids who works hard, and I wanna feel special when I win something. It takes the feeling of winning away when other kids get trophies with me when I know they shouldn't have gotten them. Thx for reading!

• Not beneficial to the kids in the long run.

There have been many studies showing that kids will expect to be rewarded for things that don't deserve being awarded for in the future. Look at it this way, we were not given an A to sit in class, were we? Children should be recognized and praised for trying and being on a team but participation trophies is where the line should be drawn. Trophies symbolize winning and excelling, they should only be given if someone has accomplished something and done far superior to others. There are many other ways where kids can be shown appreciation for playing at young age.

• They are pointless

The losing team should want to better themselves, not feel proud because they lost. The whole point of being on a team is competing and feeling the satisfaction of beating your opponents. The losing team should want to better themselves, not get by with the bare minimum of the sport or competition.

• Children get too many participation trophies for doing nothing while eating the team snack!!!!!!!!!!!

When I was a child, i wondered why the other kids who were on the winning team got the same trophy as us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is hard to see your child sitting on the ground in the outfield picking the grass while the ball runs right by them! Sports these days!!!!!!!!

• Kids should not get participation trophies.

Kids should not get participation trophies. I think that because of a kid barely plays he doesn't deserve a trophy. I also think kids should not have a trophy that is just about how they played but might have never won a game but still got a trophy for playing but may not have played.

• REALLY!!! Thats a neck!!!!

It doesn't make them feel like they have to try or do anything that helps the team. If the get trophies for doing something then why do I not get a trophy for sitting in my butt all day long. Cmon now, that like telling your kids, " hey you did nothing, you earned yourself a trophy"