• Yes, kids should have a curfew.

I believe that kids should have a curfew. Teens are known for making poor choices, and they are in definite need of rules. Peer pressure is very strong at that age. Having a curfew keeps kids from going to late night parties, driving recklessly at night or making other poor choices.

• Yes, they need a curfew.

Too many kids run the street with no supervision and the parents don't keep up with them. If a parent establishes a curfew from the beginning, the kid wiil grow accustomed to it. They are not adults yet so boundaries must be set. There will be rules the rest of your life so you may as well learn early.

• Gives kids safety

Kids think that since there has been no crime in their home or neighborhood they are safe. But no crime also means crime could happen. Most kidnappings happen because kids are careless. Even if they feel that they know what to do they won't when something actually happens. This is only one reason why kids should have curfews.

• Kids need sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeep

If children don't have curfews they will make bad decisions in the future when they can technically be outside longer they could drink and drive and make bad decisions. Children should learn discipline at an early age so in the future they won't make bad decisions and give in to peer pressure. Although most kids don't want to be held indoors what kind of kid would be wandering the streets at midnight for no reason. By having a time to be indoors by it will help in the teenage years to not give in to peer pressure from friends to go to parties late at night and help them make decisions on what times are appropriate to be outside and by what time you should be indoors especially on a cold winter night. Sleep can also cause diseases and problems. YAY SLEEP

• Kids need disipline

If children don't have curfews they will make bad desicions in the furture when they can technically be outside longer they could drink and drive and make bad desicions. Children should learn disipline at an early age so in the future they won't make bad desicions and give in to peer pressure. Although most kids don't want to be held indoors what kind of kid would be wandering the streets at midnight for no reason. By having a time to be indoors by it will help in the teenage years to not give in to peer pressure from friends to go to parties late at night and help them make desicions on what times are appropiate to be outside and by what time you should be indoors especially on a cold winter night.

• Yes, kids should have curfews...

I think that kids should have curfews because then they know that it is important to go to sleep at a timely schedule. If you go to sleep later then what you are used to, chances are that in the morning you wake up, and feel sooo tired, that you don't want to go to school. Having a curfew also helps because, if you sleep well, you can get a good education, get a good job and be very successful. So, having a curfew really impacts in your future life.

• Kids need Sleep

Kids Need Sleep

I think that kids should have a curfew because if they don't sleep they are grumpy and make poor choices. It has been proven that teens that stay up later have health problems like diabetes later in life. Also kids will follow rules better if they are used to things such as curfews. For their own good they should have curfews.

• Kids Need Sleep

• Kids Are Better With A Routine

I believe it is important to keep children in a routine and I believe that routine would have to require a curfew. Having a curfew ensures a child gets home in time to prepare for bed and the following day. Children should be taught that sleep is essential and not something to skimp on.

• Kids should definitely have a curfew.

Kids should totally have a curfew. It is for the safety of their own well being and they need rules to keep them out of trouble. Many teens nowadays do not pay attention to what is going on around them when they travel to different places; they are usually on their electronic devices. The ignorance of potential danger could get children hurt, kidnapped, rapped, or mugged during the night. The curfew would lessen the threat of being harmed by a stranger and protect the kids that think they are invincible. There is danger everywhere, from anyone. You can't be prepared for the things that will happen to you when the sun goes down and the children must be responsible enough to realize that they are not completely safe. Curfews are for the good of the children and they need to except them, because curfews will keep them as safe as they can be.

• Kids on curfew.

I think that kids shouldn't have a curfew because they should gain their parents' trust. How are they supposed to be trusted if they don't get a chance? Kids shouldn't have a curfew because they need to be trusted and how are they ever going to learn if they cant be trusted? Kids want freedom.

• KIDS SHOULD NOT HAVE A CURFEW

No because kids should be able to be trusted and should be given a first chance. If they blow it the first time they should have a consequence until they can be fully trusted again. Everyone deserves at least a first chance to be trusted. If they dont break the trust then everything is good.

• Give back Child Liberty

It is against the law to discriminate against anyone including a child or young person because of age
    the child might not be safe at home or safer on the streets
    the arrest, detention or imprisonment of a child shall be used only as a last resort and for the shortest amount of time

• Kids shouldn't have a curfew...

We all have rights in this equal society in which we live in, but we also have a responsibility to protect these rights and the rights of others. Children and Teenagers should have the right to be able to be in public areas at any time just the same as adults have that right. I believe that we should also entrust children to be responsible in public places, whether it be during the night or during the day. If we don’t teach children to take this important responsibility on from an early age, how can they be expected to take on these responsibilities when they become adults? If the child does happen to be and causes trouble late at night, it is the parent’s responsibility to prevent their children to going out late at night.

• Curfews won't protect kids.

Telling your child they have to be home at a set time every day isn't keeping them safe. Being home before 7, 8 or 9 o'clock doesn't keep them away from drugs or make them any less likely to be kidnapped if you as a parent don't know where they are. You should decide how late your kids are allowed out on a case by case basis. I never had a set curfew, if I wanted to go out I asked my parents and they would tell me what time to be home by, for example: when I was thirteen if I wanted to go to a friends house I was allowed out until 11 o'clock as long as my mom drove to pick me up, but if I had asked to go hang out with friends and walk around the park (which my mom hated because she was convinced older kids only went there to do drugs) I would have to be home by dinner. Because I always had to inform my parents of where I would be and who I would be with (they would occasionally check on me if I was at the park all day too) , I couldn't get away with much, I never ended up in a situation where I could have been raped or kidnapped, and there was never even a chance that I could have done drugs.
    A set curfew won't keep your kids safe but being involved in their lives will.

• I think that kids shouldn't have curfew

I believe this because most parents are worried about their son/daughter when they don't arrive at home a time this builds up suspense to the parents this my reason why we should not have a curfew don't forget to keep an eye on your son or daughter or they might be taken by criminals

• Should NOT have curfew

Kids shouldnt have curfew because the parents should trust their kids to do the right thing. Kids also should not have curfew because the need chances in their life and they need freedom. I think that the law should change; the law is that 12 and under be in by 10:00 and 13 and older should be in a house by 11:00 i think this should change.

• It's a matter of TRUST.

If you don't let your kids go out with a curfew how will they learn trust? If they break that trust you don't need to give them another chance until you're ready to! However, some kids don't want a curfew SO bad that when they DON'T have a curfew they won't break the trust. Not all kids are untrustworthy. Perhaps less than half. Without a curfew could be a nice oppurtunity, after all, when they grow up they will be PREPARED if they don't/didn't have a curfew.

• Parents should decide.

Parents should decide if their children should stay out not the state. I am a parent and there are times when I allow my kid to stay out based on their individual needs. And since all kids are different then their individual curfews should be different. This is why I do not agree with a state curfew.