• It teaches them important life tasks that they will do as adults

Chores give kids an experience and insight about real life, that is a life where one must work to achieve order and cleanliness. It teaches them discipline and responsibility, they will learn that a house in not just a place to rest and mope about, it must be taken care of, kept orderly and maintained. Learning basic skills like cooking, cleaning, basic repair, feeding and bathing pets will be essential if they are to survive as adults. Without chores, they are inexperienced and lacking in basic home-care skills which will lead to a disorganized house and laziness. Everybody must have an equal part in housework.

Posted by: GKY
  • It teaches them that life involves work

This is exactly the problem with today's society. Nobody wants to work because they've never had to. Kids who do chores and do them consistently develop a work ethic that will serve them well when they enter the work force. Do the world and your kids a favor. Give them chores.

• Another form of education.

Just as school teaches them things they will need when they get older, so does chores. Some day, these kids will have homes of their own and will need skills on how to maintain them. Another thing is that if kids have to help clean the house, maybe they will try to make less of a mess. Can you imagine the home of someone who has never done household chores?

• Yes kids should have to do chores.

Kids should have to do chores because of responsibility, kids shouldn't have to get paid for chores. They have a house to live in,and food but they shouldn't get paid because they get everything for free from their parents. KIDS SHOULD HAVE TO DO CHORES WITHOUT PARENTS HAVING TO PAY THEM!!

• Chores Are Teachers (Seven Reasons Why)

OPENING: According to a survey released by Braun Research in 2014, 82% of parents had chores when they were young, but only 28% of them give their children chores. Many parents say it’s not good for the kids to have chores, but it is actually very beneficial. So, why should kids have chores?
    REASON #1: Kids should have chores because it will help them in later life. Sure, it’s boring, but if, in later life, you had to keep searching online how to do laundry, that would take more time than knowing how to do it beforehand.
    REASON #2: Chores also give kids time managing skills. If they have a total of six chores to do, they can either put it all off until the weekend, or spread it out through the week and have to do less each day. This could help with homework management or job management in life. If they also have a club or other afterschool activity, they also have to plan around that.
    REASON #3: Some parents may worry about stress levels for their kids in accordance to their assigned chores, schoolwork and other activities. But when the said kids have their own place to live and the parents aren’t around to pick up after them, the mess will still be there, and it won’t go away. If they thought they could put it off simply because they’re stressed or feel overworked, they would end up wearing dirty clothes to work and they would not be respected, which would make them more stressed, which makes them put off the chores more… It’s just a unending chain reaction.
    REASON #4: Kids will also develop a sense of respect. When they take a part in the boring and time-consuming household tasks, they will begin to understand how much work goes into keeping the house clean. They will cease to throw things down as much, because they will have to clean it up and they don’t want the extra work.
    REASON #5: Chores will also give kids a sense of pride when they are praised for a good job done. This could help if the kids are being bullied at school.
    REASON #6: Chores could help kids feel like they’re normal, if they’re adopted or disabled in some way. If everyone else in the house is doing chores, they will feel needed and normal.
    REASON #7: Kids also learn teamwork from chores. If they have to share a chore with a sibling, then they can either work together or they can divide the chores evenly, like taking turns or each doing half of the work.
    CONCLUSION: In short, chores are very beneficial, even while they’re boring, and will help in later life. All kids should have chores at least once a week.

• No chores for kids

Chores take up a lot of time from kid's studies and homework. If they had to do chores all the time, they would not have enough time to play with their friends or have a good childhood. This would also make this kids give a lot of chores to their children. SO SAD

• Practise can make the student(s) more understand!

When the teacher gave them a chores, they must to do it. If they're understand they can do it , but if the students didn't understand they can ask to the teacher and teacher will know the weakness of his/her student. So, it's really helpful to the students and also the teacher

• As a teen

I feel chors are needed to help learn basic life skils wile school is a good excuse sumer is the time to earn mony as well as learning how to spend it and learning that unfotunetly its not endless and shows a great consept of how work is hard but pays off and if the chor is to small or is not done often enof for payment it just shows not every thing you do good gets rewarded and yess school suks so do chors but one chor a wek dousent kill if anything it will bor to death . Evin I reataleate sometimes but I knowthat its better for me to learn now than never as with smaller kids giv them a chance over protective parent they might suprize you

• Yes kids should have chores.

It guves them a show on how the real world works and what is needed to make it in the rel worls. It teaches them that everything in life isn't free and if you want something you must do the hard work it causes to get there. It also shows that you must wor for things you want.

• Kids should have chores.

Being a parent is tough. It starts with sleepless nights, dirty diapers, and around the clock feedings. Slowly those parenting requirements morph into money, responsibility, and independence. How is it that the little baby that fit so comfortably in our arms grows into an adult who will enter the real world and make decisions independently? It seems like just yesterday I was choosing which clothes my girls would wear and how I would do their hair. These days I am occasionally asked my thoughts on outfits and a headband, but most of the time my opinion doesn’t really matter. Our family is truly in the beginning stages our girls turning into little adults …. And then real adults (and it is terrifying and exhilarating all at the same time). One thing that my husband and I know for sure is that we need to prepare our girls for a world full of money and debt. We started using a Responsibility/Chore Chart at an early age (they are now 6 and almost 8 and we have used this system for about a year now). We are taking small steps now to ensure that our girls grow up with financial smarts to succeed in the world.

• Kids are kids

I think that kids should not get chores because they are still growing and are young. They shouldnt have to worry about doing chores after school. Plus kids have homework and after school activities so chores are making kids days a lot longer. Kids should be able to relax. Kids are already stressed out about school so people give your kids a rest.

• Kids should socialize not mop and sweep!

Kids should be learning social skills for the future. Sure, they can learn responsibility but school work does the trick for that. Kids also need to focus on education and their health. This generation is too busy doing chores instead of going outside and riding bike, playing sports, dancing, even simply walking! Especially students shouldn't have chores homework and extracurricular activities can cause so much stress for kids and adding chores in the mix doesn't help at all.

• Children are not meant to do household chores

Making children doing household chores is like making the do child labor. It wastes their time and avoids them from doing other activities. Making children doing household chores is a discipline but I think it should not be used through the household chores for your house. Let them clean their space but within while you clean household chores.

• No chores for kids

• No work for children

Our children should not have chores. During the day children need to spend their time being well, children. Remember when you had as much youth as possible? Did you like working? Well neither did I, we should stop trying to make our children work to make it fair. Its their job to live their lives and its our job to help :)

• Lazy people today

It seems like parents just want to get their dirty work done! Most parents these days are just on their phones on sites or apps such as face book or Instagram. It makes me so mad! Why has life came down to this we should treat our children like Pokemon go players treat mew two`s. The world is a cruel place! Don`t you think? I mean what the heck, the only reason I know about these Pokemon things because that`s what everyone around me talks about.

• Lazy people today

• Lazy people today

• Bad making kids work

Its bad because kids might spill the washing powder and get in trouble or they might get it in there mouths
    they are to young and get paid so little for it
    at least the chores start at the minimum age of 13 that way you would be older and stronger to carry heaver and bigger pile of clothes and other

• No chores for kids