• Life sucks, suck it up and deal with it

If you thinks that homework is bad because it is frustrating or annoying, then suck it up. Since it sounds like you are whining children, that is how I'll treat you. When you become a big boy or a big girl then you will have a job. It sounds like you are too stupid for college or trade school, so you will be making minimum wage. You will get paid for the amout of time you work, so this is teaching you to do your own work. It also makes sure you understand. I can sit in a quantum physics class, but that does not mean I understand it. So stop complaining and do your homework so you don't cause you and your children to live in poverty. It is easy to get into poverty, but it is almost impossible to escape.

• Homework is just preparing you for life.

In first grade you get little amounts of homework because you are a kid and you should be hanging out with friends. As you get older you get more homework. It's not because teachers want to make it so you can't be with your friends, it's to alert you of your oncoming responsibilities and to teach you how to juggle time. When you become an adult with kids you have to know how to juggle your time and make room for your kids and work. The only way you are going to gain that knowledge is if you learn how to juggle your time earlier on in life. Homework teaches you how to juggle your time so that you can hang out with your friends and not fail in school.

• Vital Life Lesson

If you are taught well then homework shouldn't be a problem. It's also a great introduction to independent learning. Not to mention that a lot less time for learning will be available if the proportion done at home hard to be done at school also. I always found time anyway.

• [Does not apply to all other forms of school. I.E Sudbury schools]

Yes homework is important, because it requires the student to manage time effectively and work independently. Furthermore, you can then bring in your homework to school and ask specific questions on issues that you might be having trouble with.

This is coming from a student who has a lot of trouble with homework, and managing time to do homework.

• Homework is good in certain amounts.

So i am just like the majority of school students and hate homework to. But here is the catch. I think that homework and be insanely beneficial as long as it is presented in the correct fashion. I though about how homework could be made better and i came to this conclusion. I think that a limitation on homework would be great like 2 hours at max from all the classes combined. Though i am in school right now and the bell just rang so i gotta end this here. Bye Bye

• Homework is good in certain amounts.

• Why kids need homework

I think kids need homework.I think that because they need education.I think they should have 2 homework's a week cause the also need a break.But kids need to be someone in the world and they should be proud of themselves because of all of the work they have done in there life so that is what i think.

• Homework is there to prepare you.

You might argue that homework is unnecessary and trust me for the longest time I also thought this way. But you have to understand there are other people around you that are not intellectually capable as you are, I'm not saying they're dumb. Homework is there to help you understand the topic or help the other people struggling in class to get with the program. You can also think homework as a grade booster if you are failing in class.

• Yes they should

I'm not supporting getting rid of homework completely, but I would agree with reducing it. Just putting the idea out there. Also the rest of this is just going to be me explaining it so it will go on due to the limit that i only have 3 more words left and nevermind.

• We just need homework.

With homework, kids are able to show how much they have learned and will be able to put what they learned to use. When kids do the homework correctly and turn it in on time, homework helps kids learn time management, find priorities, and being responsible at organizing. Homework also prepares us for real life. Social media, video games, and playing with your friends can wait.

• No more Homework!

I don't think kids should have homework because it makes kids frustrated. It also takes away from friends and family. My aunt and uncle were in town a couple weeks ago and I couldn't visit with them because I had a big essay due. I think homework should be banned forever

• No it takes away time

When you are doing homework you are taking away time for more value able things. For example i had a gold fish but he died prematurely because i had to do homework and i forgot to feed him. Also homework takes away value able family time. Homework should be banned every where.

• It is vrye anoing

It is anoing becase if you are ging to dinsn land it will be super anoing and dumb and you aloso have to do ssa it is very hard and super anoing becas wewasrt time with are famlya and then thay get sad that you wonet tir and thay wii kowe you as the oeu how dint go

• Noooooooooooooooooooooo because its bad

Kids already have 8 hours of school why do we have to do more work at home. Our home is where we chill and play things like video games and soccer of maybe even go to your schools playground or a park near your house. Well homework is tha worst eveeeeerrrr

• Homework sucksa teach

My dog needs attention and he can't get it when I have to do my homework. Do you want my dog to die from not having enough attention. Be smart. People like dogs and my dog will die because of people who just give out so much home work. Sucks.

• Who has time for anything anymore?

As a student who not only has a job but is very active in my school, homework takes up too much time that I don't have. Everyday teachers go on and on about how sleep is important and how everyone needs at least 8-10 hours every night. Let's break it down; school is about 8 hours Monday-Friday. Too add on to that I usually have a morning meeting once or twice a week. So, 7:30-3:15. Not to mention afternoon meetings 3 times a week. So, 7:30-4:00. I work about 4-5 days a week. So, 5:00-10:30. After work, I have to shower and clean a little. Now it's 11:00 pm and I'm just getting started on homework. I'm also in 3 AP classes this semester, so the work load is large to say the least. On days that I do not have work or meetings, I get the work done fine, because I have about 3 hours of free time. However, free time is not free time, it's actually homework time. The only time I have for myself is at 1:00 am when I'm done with everything, but wait; it's time for bed. At this point, I'm tired and done with life. I'm not arguing that homework should be gone forever, sure small amounts are good every once and a while, but ridiculous amounts every single night? No one has time for that.

• Who has time for anything anymore?

• Students Should Not Have Homework

Students should not have home work because after school should be our own recreation time. Although I admit kids today are getting lazy in school and outside, most children can only sit down and focus for a certain amount of time. That time is mostly used up in school, sitting for about six hours a day in humid or freezing classrooms can wear down kids. From personal experience I can say that during the last hour of school I'm pretty drained and I cannot focus on the task at hand, so providing an extra 'hour' of school in the form of homework can be hard. Yes, kids after school can play for a few hours then do their homework but let's be honest, who would want to sit down and do homework when there's so many other things to do? Students today are becoming more stressed about schoolwork, and this stress can quickly turn to depression if their grades aren't up to par. This stress and depression can make it even harder for students to do their work efficiently and get their grades up, sometimes its easier just to sit and talk with a teacher. While it's true that homework can provide a student with an opportunity to review what they learned that day it's also important to understand that we have six-eight periods that can possibly give out homework, that's a lot to remember. Therefore students should not have homework~

• Do your homework.

Kids should have homework so the teachers can see there progress. They should do have homework so there parents can see what they are learning at school and so that they can have some work to do at home and so they can have more practice on what they are learned.

manface3 says2017-02-17T19:13:11.350
Nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope homework< no homework!!!!!!!!