• No Dips Sherlocks!

I have one right now and am using it to type this as a homework assignment and it is great. I use it everyday for every subject and since I'm typing this I'm pretty sure I'm fine. Does anybody need more evidence because I'm pretty sure that's enough "evidence" since all my classmates are fine too.

• No Dips Sherlocks!

• Less books to carry

It would be much easier for schools to have ipads instead of books. Studies show that more kids think about tecnoligy then school. If we combined both it will be better. Think of all the money schools will save by not spending money on lockers. It will be a money saver and then they can buy more tables

• Less books to carry

• This is good, Who Wouldn't Want 70% More Efficient Work?

This is a good Idea because it improves the work quality and gets it faster. Even though it costs a lot, They can be used for years upon years. This would be the better decision for all schools and would be an amazing upgrade, who wants lousy textbooks Anyway! !

• Much much easier

That would make school more fun and would make it more easier. I think because the technology is more advanced it is more reliable. You could also save trees by not using that much paper. It would probably help the environment a little bit more. I think it is a good idea.

• Much much easier

• I speak from experience

First of all for clarification, when I say "computer" I mean any type of computer device, like a desktop, laptop, or iPad, etc.
Our school system where I used to live started with iPads for students, but after one trial year, many problems arose (I'm not quite sure what these were) which caused them to discontinue it. The next year, they implemented a plan where every student got Mac Book Airs. However, even so there are still MANY problems with the whole computer/screen thing. Once you give computers, they are used for a lot more than just reading, or it would just be a waste, and there are too many problems that will come from it.

1. I'm sure that high school students and college students would be a little bit better, but originally it started in middle schools - that kids were constantly loosing their laptops, and sometimes they were never found, costing money. Many kids were simply not responsible enough. Damaging a textbook is much better cost-wise than damaging a computer, which is almost just as easily broken.

2. With the taking notes situation:
Yes, some kids find it much easier to type instead of writing, and for some kids it is easier to organize, but there are many reasons which say that writing is much better
a. You remember the information much better when you physically write it down, according to scientific studies. Please read this article for an example: (http://www.Boston.Com/health/2014/06/05/take-note-this-handwritten-notes-are-more-effective-than-typed-ones/Ypp4ahKuX2Zd0OtUqBw79H/story.Html)
b. Handwriting is a skill every student should have anyway. Although the computer can write neatly for you, for many tasks you must still use it. Forget your laptop/iPad one day? Your handwriting should be legible. Somewhere else, other than school, someone says something important, and you want to write a note to yourself, you have to be able to read it. Or if you want to write a note to someone else, they have to be able to read it. Also the fine motor control gained from handwriting is often necessary in everyday tasks. Just like you do pushups to strengthen your arm muscles, handwriting strengthens and improves accuracy of the fine motor skills in your hands.
C. Our teacher actually has one person each class that takes class notes on a computer for those who are sick. - not everyone has to have a computer.
D. People need to be able to organize without the computer doing it for you. ORGANIZATION = SKILL that we cannot learn by pressing a couple keys on the computer. Yes, it is neater and you can bold things, but actively highlighting and underlining not only improves your abilities to pick out important information but helps you to remember what you picked out to be important. Emphasized points will be emphasized in your mind, not only saving time when you study for tests, but allowing you to learn those points for an extended period of time, -studies have shown. Continue to comments for the rest...

• No kids should not have iPads for textbooks in schools.

Children should not have iPads for textbooks in schools, they should use normal simple every day text books. This will help them learn how to read and how to find information on their own without the help of a computer, which if technology ever crashes one day, they will unfortunately need.

• Holding a book, or holding an iPad?

Although iPads will lower the amount of paper used, it will never be the same as physically holding a book!
    I cannot stare at a screen for a long time reading something, it's annoying.
    As a young child you should stick to textbooks. Learn the way others have and once you get older choose what you prefer.
    As a high school or college student, fine, get an iPad.
    Don't let technology take over the child's life at school, this is the one place where we can keep technology controlled.