• We should have less homework and less school time

I said this because if we have less homework we can explore the world more and go to friends houses and play with sibling's and to spend more family time and play with friend online and play basketball,soccer,and other things but most importantly kid are getting the most homework and they are the least to do it.Also click that like button if you can bye.

• Kids NEED less homework!

Homework is pretty much the same thing you do at school at home. Most of the time the homework you'd get for an assignment is unnecessary and teaches totally unrelated stuff. Homework can also be very frustrating and, in a classroom, you can always ask a professional. However, at home, most of the time your parents won't even know what the lesson is teaching and how to help you. In my opinion, kids shouldn't have homework at all! Take THAT you overstimulating pieces of crap!

• Kids Need Less Homework!!!!!!

In class you do lots of non-stop work. Then you go home and do the same thing for 5 days. All that work could easily put you under pressure which makes you do your homework all wrong and you don't notice until you get to school.

All that pressure could also fail you on a test. When your tying to do your homework your also studying for a test. With all the sports you have you could only have about one and a half hours to study and do your homework. If your in the high grades like high school, one and a half hours is defiantly not enough to finish your homework and study for a test. These are my reasons why kids shouldn't have as much homework to do.

• There should be less homework

Another reason school days should end earlier is there would be less homework because students have less classes. Students normally have seven hours then come home for another hour of homework. A student’s brain cannot function right when everything taught that day is stuffed into their brains. A shorter school day would alleviate that feeling of being overwhelmed. We all know that shorter school days equal less homework and less homework equals less stress for students.
    When kids have so much homework they get more anxiety any that could lead to health issues. So yes i agree that kids should have less homework. Kids sometimes cry because they have so much anxiety.

• I totally agree

I agree but sometimes it is up to the student as well. I am an allstar cheerleader and im in track, and i have NO time!!! I have 5 core classes and i get about 1 hour of homework for each core class most days!!!
    I HAVE A LIFE!!!! PLEASE!!!!

• Kids should get less homework because....

A reason that kids should get less homework is because Homework causes kids to stay up late, and waking up late, causing kids to be late for school, and missing lessons, and everyday schedules like this deprives kids of their sleep, and causing bad side effects. I don't know about everyone else, but to me, health take priority over memorizing lessons.
    I say that we should get less homework is a great idea because kids tend to stay up too late just doing their homework, also kids end up stressing out just because of how much homework they do. When kids have so much homework they get more anxiety any that could lead to health issues. So yes i agree that kids should have less homework. Kids sometimes cry because they have so much anxiety.
    Another reason I think that kids should get less homework is because kids need to get outside and play,spend time with mom,dad, sisters,or brothers. We kids now days have allot of stuff to do. By the time we got home the day is almost over and we have sports and band to do. And if we have more homework we don't have anytime to do stuff outside or hangout with your friends and family's.In class you do lots of non-stop work. Then you go home and do the same thing for 5 days. All that work could easily put you under pressure which makes you do your homework all wrong and you don't notice until you get to school.

• To much homework

We kids now days have allot of stuff to do. By the time we got home the day is almost over and we have sports and band to do. And if we have more homework we don't have anytime to do stuff outside or hangout with your friends and family's.

• Kids NEED less homework!

• Kids should have less homework

Well u see kids these days have stuff to do and u cant get them done with homework and i mean u already learn the stuff in class =) and yeaaaa i mean SERIOUSLY NO we shouldn't! Well we kidz are already smart sooooooo yea we dont need more homework.

• Yassss you no work

Kids need less home work because they already have a lot of stuff to do in the evening and they have like band or sports or even have to see there parents or grandparents or their friends and they also have to do like i don't but in school they learn a lot of stuff

• NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! I've had enough

I'm a fifth grade student and I'm usually staying up intill like 10 PM doing homework and I get home 3:20! That's seven hours of homework right there. I'm sick of it 2 hours is enough homework for one night some websites say you shouldn't only have 45 minutes of homework a day

• Why kids should have less homework

I think that kids should have less homework because its helps kids have less stress because it will help them have a better achievement in school and it will help them to know more about there life style and what realy happens in the out world so when it comes time for them to go to the out world they are ready for whats going to happen.

• They should have more homework because of benifits

One benifit of homework is that it teaches responsibility. It also helps because it reviews what the child learned In school. It also frees up class time instead of doing it in class. If we didn't have homework, fellow students, we would not do well on the MCAS. That's all.

• Of course not!

Look, I'm a student but even with all the time taking up, less sleep and no free time I believe we should have more. This stuff actually helps you learn. It prepares you for your job, the STAAR test and college. We must know how to do this in order to get a job... So y not?

• Kids do not need less homework.

I think kids don't need less homework because that is just silly. Kids need to learn a lot about things. In the school that I teach in kindergartener's have homework except it's only writing numbers and letters. The kids in 1st through 4th grade, only have 1 page of math and they have to read for 30 minutes. 5th graders and the rest need more homework because they need to learn how to be responsible.

• Need less homework!!

Student here! Way too much homework! I may be spending up too 3 hours of homework everyday and I have no time to relax and enjoy life. Teachers say that homework helps you remember your work but when i do too much, I just forget it all. Also, since I do sport and music, I have practice before and after school!

• Grade A for no homework today

Homework is an unnecessary. Students spend each day at school for about seven hours. I mean if I was a teacher I wouldn't want to go home with work outside of my job time at home is for the people such as students and teachers to spend quality time with there family

• Kids should have less homework!

Kids should have less homework because that child has worked hard all day we need a break! Its just not fair. I a 4th grade student think the teachers should give us a break! Us kids want to enjoy other things like swimming, doing sports, playing, and having friends over other enjoyable things! We want a break!

• School should NOT give less homework.

It helps them work in school and decreases the amount of cheating. The point of homework is for more practice. Also it separates the students that copy off the board or another student from those that actually know the material. In conclusion, homework should not be decreased in order for academic achievement to be maintained.

• More work less being happy?

If kids have more homework they will have stress and they will mostly be in a bad mood. Some kids have tons of homework and they don't finish most of it.Those kids stay up late at night and they are losing sleep.When they have more homework and next thing you know they don't have time to study for a test that happen toe once. I know kids could get smarter but don't you think about there bed time studying for a test and going outside to enjoy there world. Kids are young and they are suppose to enjoy being young not be stuck inside doing homework.They won't know what's happening out on the world.

GenericUser1026 says2015-02-09T20:24:37.427
Basically, what we can discern from this is 91% of people submitting opinions are kids with homework.
TheSavageDebater says2017-02-07T17:44:49.447
I can tell that 98% of people posting on this debate is in the age range of 7 - 11 because most of them are not giving a good and valid answer.