• They won’t be excitable during class

They won’t have as much energy so they won’t get yelled at or disciplined. They won’t get sent to the office or talk to friends during class. They will not be as loud. If you listen to teachers they will say they get frustrated easily while teaching class after recess

• Longer recess? I SAY YES!

GEORGE LUCAS EDUCATIONAL FOUNDATION
    Edutopia
    TOPICS
    VIDEOS
    OUR MISSION
    Search
    STUDENT WELLNESS
    Longer Recess, Stronger Child Development
    With an hour-long recess, elementary schools can help children develop through increased creative play, authentic SEL, and adequate physical regulation.
    By Angela Hanscom
    August 24, 2016
    Eight young students are outside on top of a metal, geodesic dome at a playground, looking down.
    IStock.Com/Daniel Hurst
    "Here they come," the teacher tells me with a weary smile. The children are on their way back from recess. Excited voices echo from down the hallway. I've decided to volunteer at my daughter's elementary school for the afternoon. Eager to see her smiling face, I intently watch the door as the children enter. Their energy as they trickle into the classroom is almost palpable. Even though the children are told to quickly take a seat, it takes a solid ten minutes for them to settle in. There are reminders to put away jackets, trips to the bathroom, pencils being sharpened, children talking to other children, brief episodes of giggling, and a few rowdy demonstrations of affection between some boys.

Get the best of Edutopia in your inbox each week.
    Email
    Your email address
    SIGN UP
    Later, the teacher confides in me, "I don't understand it. I think the children have more energy after they've had recess! Sometimes I wonder if recess is even worth it."

SHORTFALLS OF A SHORT RECESS
    Many teachers report that the period after recess is the absolute hardest transition time of the day. The children are often so wound up that it's hard bring their focus back to their lessons. Some teachers confess to using special techniques to calm and re-focus the children, such as dimming the lights or playing soothing music as they reenter the classroom. While these are great coping strategies to help manage the chaos, preventing episodes of amplified activity from occurring in the first place may prove to be the most beneficial. To do that, we need to allow for a longer recess session. May I boldly suggest at least an hour?

An adequate amount of recess time (or lack thereof) can directly affect children's ability to pay attention, self-regulate, socialize intelligently, and master complex learning skills. We can try to squeeze in short movement breaks here and there, but it won't have the same effects -- or, for that matter, even the same potential. Small movement breaks will always fall

• Energy levels will be high

Recess times are mostly 10-15 minutes but they should be longer! If kids don't get time to play outside the energy they usually project into running and playing outside will show inside the classroom and will make it harder to learn. With recess times that last 15-25 minutes will make the kids less hyperactive during class.

• Kids need more extra time at recess because they need more socially time to get exercise which helps the brain.

I don't agree with all the teachers that say they need more time at learning. They are not correct. It is the other way around. And for all that say kids aren't official in school anymore. They are correct. Cause we need more time outside for exercise.So I repeat to give kids more days of school!

• Y e s

It is better. It is better because they get to interact with other people. It is also better because they get more exercise. It will also help children focus better in class. Change your mind to saying yes instead of no! I hope you can agree with me on this.

• We need longer recess

Kids obviously need more recess time, not having enough recess doesn't give kids the time they need, the more they're out there going to burn more energy so they will focus more in class. It also gives them more time to eat their food, a lot of the time kids cant even finish there food because their there jaws are not as developed.

• Yes they should

They should have more time it helps them restart their brain and learn more. They can take in more if they can rest their minds. The kids who get stuck in a room all day don't have that much of an ability to learn new thing that the kids that get to go out side do.

• There isn't always bullying at recess. Kids need to get their energy out.

Kids always need to let their energy out so they focus more in class. After a long recess, the students become tired and learn to calm down their brains so they can complete work. Depending on the school, bullying may not occur at recess. Kids work hard, but need to focus when they come back inside.

• They need more fun

Yes they should cause they need a longer brake from work and they need to have more fun because you have literly 6 hours of wirk to do and only 30 minutes of recess so i think there should be forty five minutes instead of only 30 minutes. Because they need to have more fun.

• They need more fun

• It makes it harder for kids to get back on track to learn, and less time to learn all together.

I think 15mins. Is perfect because kids are out for an appropriate amount of time to be freshened up to clear their minds. If you make a longer recess, kids will find it hard to get back on track to learn whatever subject is for that current place in time.
    ~Charcoal the Shadow Animatronic

• Hi what's up

I think there should be shorter recess because kids could get hurt, they could get frostbite, they could get heatstroke, or they could not like outside. They might not be able to afford winter clothing, summer clothing, fall clothing, etc. they might get bullied and that's no fun either. Shorter recess is better

• I think YES because of the following:

1.Recess should be longer because it helps kids to calm down,so that they don't go bananas in class, to NOT get in trouble. 2.Recess allows kids to communicate to each other, such as to talk to friends without worrying about time. 3.Recess allows teachers to have longer time to grade tests,essays, etc.
    This is why I think recess should be extended.;)

• I like recess

We have to get longer recess because it can help your mind think and not get angry in the class also we need more recess is that it helps you calm down and helps your body get a lot of exerise and that you won't get fat and that is why we need a lot of recess

• Dank memes mlg

Kids must have a longer recess so they can learn how to noscope people and also be Thug Life also kids (im a kid) eat Doritos. Teachers JUST DO IT Dont let your dreams be dreams. Also we need to build a wall around the school because all principals are part of the Illuminati, (drink mountain dew) the people who made this website are probably TRIGGERED im Donald Trump and I approve of this message.

• Recess should stay the same time!

Well in recess there's more advantage in swearing, fighting, getting bullied and a whole other bunch of crap! They're can also be injury's like broken arms. When trying to do par core on stuff to show off and people can just be mean for no apparent reason am i right!

• Because Jonathon is super mean

Jonathan broke my sons face open,Jonathan broke my sons face openJonathan broke my sons face openJonathan broke my sons face openJonathan broke my sons face openJonathan broke my sons face openJonathan broke my sons face openJonathan broke my sons face openJonathan broke my sons face openJonathan broke my sons face open

• The fact is

The fact is I have a problem I don't like to see it on twitter and I'm just saying that it doesn't even have to do so on twitter or twitter twitter and twitter twitter account is a bad thing about my twitter twitter and twitter account I don't even care if it

• Less is the best

Recess is a place where bullies find the chance to strike. Kids can get extreamly hurt. It also makes them lose learning time. Also it prepares us for middle school. We need it to stop. We need to know that school is not for fun but for us to learn new and different things.

• Less is the best

rwagner2023 says2015-12-14T19:35:23.600
Hi
googleman says2017-09-06T00:01:53.537
Do it
googleman says2017-09-06T00:02:13.147
Yeet
pie21 says2017-12-01T18:38:56.630
No don't do it.
BOYYAHHURT says2018-03-02T17:43:38.537
Big mac
BOYYAHHURT says2018-03-02T17:43:44.403
Big mac