• UM YEAHHHHHHH We need smart phones

Kids are oppressed by our society. I am speaking on be half of all the kids out there. We deserve smartphones. I have a smartphone and I use it for everything. It is great because I can text and calculator and social media. So yeah kids need smartphones because they are fun and I like them.

• Kids should have smartphones

The reason i'm saying that kids should have smartphones is that it fun to learn with technology. They could also communicate withe their classmates. And e-mail homework or class work to their teacher. The could also use it for social media to make new friends. Yeah i think that kids should have smartphones.

• If They're Lost

If your child is lost there are certain app (like hangouts) that let them share where they are at that exact time. Also if a kid gets lost they can walk home themselves with a navigation app. So would you like to keep your kid safe or not? You decide.

• Kids should have smartphones

• A simple answer!

It's stupid not to. I'm like seriously. Why not? What if you child gets lost or forgotten some where. You could just text him/her where you are and they'll come find you. You can also download games to help your child with math, spelling, and other things that they struggle with. So why not? You tell me?

• Why shouldn't they?

Instead of having an iPod for music, a tablet for games, and what i call a "dinky little flip phone" for talk and text, kids should have one device that does all three. Instead of having to press buttons multiple times to text, smartphones allow voice dictating and hands-free texting.

• Yep they need smartphones

Kids do need smart phones to communicate with apps that their friends have so that they have a better reputation, also in the future everything is hanna be smart this and smart that..... And its a good time to give them this because its the age in which you learn the most..... And honestly, they need to learn how to make their future better.

• Atleast give them a cell phone it's self. Why not a smart phone?

So, It may be true that, "Oh they are time consuming" and "Expensive" and Possibly the kid has some other device that the parents want their child to be grateful for. I myself, am giving one of those slide phones that you literally have to punch the keyboard to get it to type. And an iPod 3rd Generation. Which, doesn't even let me get very much of social Media. I'm not going to give you some dumb excuse saying "oh they are for emergency's and oh they can call if anything goes wrong" Which although, can be handy if you are asking for your very first phone.

I could go on and on. But I say Yes. Not Children, or Kids but "Tweens" as in like 11,12, 13 middle school ages, because there is more clubs, and activitys, and hanging out more with your friends.

• It's the world when they grow up.

When kids grow up, smart devices will be the way most of the way the world works. So why keep them away from smart devices if the future will just be smart phones and tablets everywhere. (Especially in the 2020's and 2030's.) They'll probably buy one when they have a job anyways.

• Smart phones are important to kids!

I'm 13 and my parents won't get me a smartphone. I just have a normal keypad phone , and I feel ashamed of taking it out in front of everyone ! I feel that If parents have smartphone then why can't we get it. They feel that if I get a smartphone then I'll not concentrate on my studies and they feel that I maybe misuse it .But I fell very bad when I see my classmates and even kids smaller than me having their own iPhone or samsung galaxy note 3 . In school most of the people judge how cool you are on the mobile you have, but my parents don't understand .My friend alway ask me to come on whatsapp but I always have the same reply that I don't have a smartphone .

• Unhealthy. Time-Wasting. Eye-Killing.

I am a 7th grader and I know that they are NOT good for you. I know that they will only make you get glasses and they are harmful to your eyes. Kids these days are very spoiled anyhow. We don't need yet another distraction for the young people of today.

• Children eyes could get bad.

Well I am a 5 grader and I don't have a smart phone. If there children who has smart phone what would the parents say?
    The parents would say if you watch so much smart phone your eyes can get bad and wear glasses. And if you do the smart phone at night you get sleeping at the class. So I think it's bad for children to get smart phones or cellphones

• They control your children.

As a tutor teaching children aged 7 to 12, I find smartphones extremely distraction to children. They try to finish their work as soon as possible so that they can play, leaving room for errors and mistakes and most often incomplete work. Smartphones also disrupts the connection between the user and family and friends. Your child may be sociable online but how good is their social skills and ability outside? Besides smartphones, they should go out and play sports or activities such as drawing and arts. I feel that smartphones should be given to them once you feel that they can control themselves and resist the extreme need to be online.

• Turns your child into a zombie narcissist

I am 31. I was probabaly part of the last generation to go through highschool without a smart phone. Now when I look around, whether I'm at a restaurant or anywhere else where people are supposed to spend time together and be social, especially families, it's always the same sight: the children are looking down at their phones and not experiencing actual life. It's extremely sad. And for the even younger ones, remember playing outside? Playing with your friends? Not anymore... That basically doesn't exist. Kids, even age 10 and below sit around using snap chat, Instagram and Facebook. They literally look like zombies. If you give your kid a smartphone, you're doing he or she a disservice.

• They rob us

As a middle schooler, I can say that almost all of my grade has a smartphone. Those people all score low on tests. I disagree with the testing mantra but it's the way the cookie crumbles. They are all addicted. I hate people that have smart phones and they constantly pressure people to get smartphones. Not to mention the increased risk of obesity, porn addiction, social isolation,, et cetera et cetera.

• There is no need

I'm an 11 year with a phone but I find that it ruins friendships because some kids would rather play on their phone, take pictures or make music.Ly. I have controlled myself to make sure to limit myself so I can spend time doing better stuff, like going outside or playing games

• Phones are too expensive.

Kids should not get phones because they are too expensive. A phone itself cost around $500 and the monthly fees are around $70. Kids don't have that much money and parents are not going to waste all that money for one phone. Because of this, phones are too expensive. Yep. Deal With It.

• I didn't have one and I survived

I am a 8th grader female who never had a phone, and I'm fine. Their are also many online predators who can harm children. They are also still developing. Maybe wait until High school. It is a big responsibility too. Hopefully many young children don't have smart hones in the future.

• They are to young

If we give or buy smart phone to children, it causes them to get less sleep but if they have less sleep, children health will be harmful.Also it alter the parent-child relationship. Then the parent could be sad.Theat all of my support argument. Kids should not get smartphone. Never ever

• They're too young

Kids should not have smartphones because waaay too young to be getting I think that kids should be kids at least that was how it was when I was a kid and now 16 year old now I do have one, but that is because I am old enough and have two school sports. But when I am going home I always see kids with smartphones this a pet peeve of mine because they are so young.