• Bullying is horrible.

Less bullying. Bullying is horrible! I can't stand it anymore. Australian schools should be bully free! Imagine your son or daughter coming back from school crying because they are in fashion and everyone is teasing them for wearing unfashionable clothes. Oh, and your daughter or son would want new clothes to be in fashion, and clothes cost money!

• Yes, but there is some question

Without uniforms kids can wear whatever they want, which is all good and well, but there is a lot of judgement. A lot of kids will pick on others BECAUSE of what they're wearing. Like for girls whose shirts are cut lower, or if a boy wears those checkered shorts that they seem to love so much. But with uniforms all of that is taken away because everyone will be wearing the same thing. I know your first questions will be: "But where's the individuality?" But it can still be there. Kids who roll their sleeves up or fold their collars differently, or who tuck their shirts in or leave them out. There are a LOT of factors to keep in mind.
    Second, I know you'll say but that's teaching them conformity (that everyone has to be the same), but really? It's not. It's teaching them respect and to a certain degree discipline. Kids who wear whatever they want tend to think they can get away with a lot more, because their teachers/school staff aren't as strict. But by having them wear uniforms and enforcing it you are showing them that that's not the case.
    Third of all, kids don't need to wear whatever they want to be different and individual or to express themselves. There are other ways. The quality of their schoolwork, drawings, writings, attitude, etc... The list goes on.
    Another thing is that with uniforms there won't be any place for judgement or prejudices based on appearance, or at least not as much.
    Now, a lot of you will probably say that making kids wear uniforms is the same thing as making them all the same race, religion, sexual orientation, color, have the same hair color/length, no tattoos or piercings, and more. But really, it's not. Giving kids uniforms only means that there won't be anymore sagging, or as much skin, and it certainly doesn't mean that everyone will have to be identical. Kids need individuality. Uniforms just give them a larger margin for it.
    Of course a lot of you will say it in fact gives them a SHORTER margin. But again, that's wrong. By giving them uniforms you are giving them opportunities to express themselves and their individuality in other ways.
    And uniforms really aren't that ugly either, as I know that's what a lot of people argue. They can actually be really nice.
    Long Beach California implemented uniforms in 1995 and these were the results (tallied recently); the overall crime rate by students dropped by 91%. There were approximately 90% less school suspensions. Sex offenses were reduced by 96% (a lot considering). Incidents of vandalism were reported to have gone down 69%. Assaults in grades K (P) - 8 decreased by 85%.
    Norfolk, VA implemented uniforms in 1995 as well, and these were their results; leaving class without permission dropped by 47%. Throwing objects dropped by 68%. Fighting dropped by 38%.
    So you see now why uniforms are the best course of action?

• Yes, but not everyday.

Two days in a week is OK, not everyday though. Uniforms makes everything easier. We don't have to waste time picking out clothes, but cute uniforms can be good too. There will be no bullying about different clothes. I think uniforms can be nice too. The bad part is students can be bored with them after a long time, but generally they are good.

• Yes, students should wear uniforms because bullying is a huge issue!

Students get bullied a lot just for wearing the non-brand clothing. Just because they're not wearing the latest fashion trend, students feel superior to others and make fun of them for it. It's not right and it's not fair. Certain parents can't afford nice clothing for their children, and they have to wear the hand-me-down clothing from older siblings or other family members. Wearing school uniforms stops students from making fun of students for their clothing, because everybody would be wearing the same exact thing.

• Yes to uniforms!

I want uniforms in school. The reason why I want uniforms is because they save money. Also, you don't have to worry about finding an outfit for the next day. You also would not be late for school and you will not get in trouble.That is why I want uniforms for schools.

• Less Money Spent On Uniform.

You spend less money on the uniform. Before you say "no you don't! School uniform is expensive!" Just think about the money you'll spend when you have to buy different clothes just so your child doesn't wear the same clothes everyday because you know bullying can occur like that. So if you spent $500 dollars on your child's uniform that they'll wear for the year, and you think that's bad. Just think about the money you spend altogether on that one year off buying different clothes everyday.

• School uniforms are a good thing for a school to have kids wear.

Easier to be found in the school, at a field trip, and more, plus you won't be bullied about your clothes because you are wearing the same thing. Finally, no need to worry about you or other people wearing inappropriate clothes. Thank you if you agree with me about it.

• YES

there are many reasons for wearing uniform # 1 its safer. for example if u go on a field trip if someone gets lost it is easier to find them if they are wearing a uniform. # 2 its saves money it doent waste it. instead of buying 50 differnt outfits u can just buy 78 of the same outfit for school

• I vote yes!

I think students should wear school uniforms because it is cheaper! Parents spend hundreds of dollars every year just on clothes for their kids. The main reason why kids want those clothes is because they want to fit in. If all kids are wearing the same thing this problem won't occur.

• A uniform saves us time in the mornings and we don't get bullied as much because everybody at school is wearing the same thing.

When I say we can save time in the mornings it's that we can just find our clothes, comb or brush our hair, brush our teeth and eat our breakfast. When I say we won't get bullied as much it is because everyone in school would be wearing the same thing.

• Parents and natural disasters.

I myself want no uniforms on Fridays because if you were to think about it, if there was a fire or any type of natural disasters, a parent might want to come pick their child up and everyone is wearing the same thing and it might be hard to find their child.

• UNFORMS............ OUT OF THE QUESTION

Uniforms ugh this is by a TEN YEAR OLD. Uniforms, you can get teased by it getting dirty or by the way you were it you can be a bully target with uniforms. What is the point of uniforms? They don't help anyone, okay? I never had a uniform but it saddens me to hear that kids have to wear uniforms. They are colorless and just plain boring. Some uniforms show too much skin and nobody can express themselves with uniforms.

• Not respecting our rights

I think that teens should not wear school uniforms because that is violating our rights. We have the freedom of speech so we should be able to wear what ever we want to school. The school does not have the right to decide what we have to wear unless it is inappropriate

• Kids should not have to wear school uniforms because they are a nuisance.

When you wear a school uniform you feel locked up inside, feeling that nobody really knows who you are. When you wear what you want to wear, you are being you and that’s what makes you different. Wearing school uniforms can discourage students’ freedom of expression. We don’t want to curb creativity.

• Children need to just be able to play

If children didn't wear a school uniform then you would not need to got changed when they come home from school they would just need to go straight out ton play but if they were to wear a school uniform then you would be wasting a lot of time .

• Children need to express themselves in color.

Kids should not have to wear school uniforms because it does not let them express themselves. Also, if there is a poor family that can't pay for the uniform the child will be bullied. As well as being bullied children will all look the same. I personally think it is very bad to have school uniforms, especially in public schools where children go just to get an education, not to be proper.

• It violates the first amendment.

By requiring students to wear school uniforms, you (the schools/parents) are taking away not only the freedom to express themselves but you are also limiting the child wearing the uniform's imagination. As a kid everyone told me that there are over 7 billion people in the world but there is only one you. And that everyone's their own person. By making everyone dress the same, you are not making that a true statement

• NO !!!

As for me uniforms should be forbidden at school because it's a waste of parents money. Freedom of teenagers is primordial, they need liberty to take advantage of their youth and wearing clothing can describe a person. It allows to make economies. Uniforms shouldn't be obligatory for student. So, I don't like that.

• no

I don't think that kids should have school uniforms because it is a waste of money. It is also a way to make the kids feel like their going to prison in the mornings. It also cuts off their creativity. It also is a bad idea because the kids want to make fun of the brands the other kids are wearing.

• 1. School uniforms will restrict the outward expression of a child's unique individuality.

2. If any student is involved in violence or has been attacked members of the public will not be able to tell what school they attended
    3. Teachers will be able to identify students easier.
    4. Students who are made to wear a school uniform are not able to freely express their tastes or individual style

Anonymous says2013-03-04T01:07:52.543
I say no because kids should look the way they want to not the way there told to !
Anonymous says2013-03-05T06:22:05.310
i love to wear uniform

Anonymous says2013-03-12T17:20:09.703
at least uniforms will stop some bullies
Anonymous says2013-03-14T20:40:37.097
Every I go to the hassle of changing my clothes on a tight schedule
Anonymous says2013-03-15T16:08:55.930
they take away peoples personalityies at school though!!
Anonymous says2013-03-18T15:24:00.527
Kids shouldn't express themselves through what they wear. It makes more sense to just express yourself through actions.
Anonymous says2013-03-19T18:14:23.183
lets have uniforms
Anonymous says2013-03-22T13:48:38.107
Uniforms really won't really stop by bullying if u know sharer talking about coming from a. Principle at a school no uniforms so distress not depressed that is our motto you should follow it.....
Anonymous says2013-03-25T01:46:08.070
You go to school to learn. Certainly not to hang out and have fun with your buddies. You can still verbally express yourself. You're still the same individual person, just different clothing. :)
Anonymous says2013-04-02T00:07:42.867
If you wear different clothes to others you can show that your original and then people will respect you so i say yes
Anonymous says2013-04-03T13:16:56.567
No because uniforms make kids look the same. Its there fault that they buy poor people clothes and get made fun of.
Anonymous says2013-04-09T15:43:45.843
No,because uniforms make kid look the same. I also cost alot of money
Anonymous says2013-04-09T15:43:46.293
No,because uniforms make kids look the same. I also cost alot of money
Anonymous says2013-04-12T13:17:24.677
No even if kids wear school uniforms the bullies will just focus on the more sensitive subjects
Anonymous says2013-04-14T17:51:35.533
Unifroms make kids look ugly and its unfair to us children because in america they dont have to ware
Anonymous says2013-04-15T00:15:38.163
Kids shoud focus on school not what they wear
Anonymous says2013-04-16T18:25:01.257
Uniforms may be boring and no one really likes them, but they can actually do a really good job on cutting down on cligues (groups of different kinds of kids from jocks to goths) and help you find friends not just by your clothing
Anonymous says2013-04-18T22:42:13.647
Everybody has their own unique style and they need to show it!
Anonymous says2013-04-23T17:09:26.143
Uniforms dont help u express urself.. U should be able to wear what u want as long as it is in the school dress code
Anonymous says2013-04-23T20:33:34.170
Thank you for telling me and other student about it.
Anonymous says2013-04-23T22:56:12.577
No they should not have to wear unifo. There is no self-expression at all.The weird or supposed ugly kids will get bullied. The teachers I thought were supposed to be the change and help kids improve. I don't think that Dumb uniforms are gonna be there to talk to a kid one on one. So what do uniforms do other than show how much power adminstrators have in our students and what they can and can't wear. What about students having originality and being one of a kine. How many students are going to like the uniforms that the TEACHERS picked out.
Anonymous says2013-04-25T19:23:17.853
I hate it
Anonymous says2013-04-25T19:24:19.487
Many families cannot afford the high dollar uniforms
Anonymous says2013-04-26T13:30:47.720
NO! Students cannot express their personality! I think that school uniforms cost way too much anyway.
Anonymous says2013-05-09T01:55:36.233
I hate uniforms. What does uniforms got to do with learning anyway? It also makes kids very uncomfortable.
Jegory says2013-05-14T21:03:29.110
It seems a lot of people saying "Yes" are arguing that it would mean less bullying would occur. That's not the case; no uniform doesn't mean no bullying!! It might decrease it, but it doesn't just magic it away.
Anonymous says2013-05-16T17:44:30.290
I say that we should wear uniform
Anonymous says2013-05-16T17:45:42.703
I say no we should not wear uniform because if your mom has more than 1 child it would be hard to buy lots of uniforms. And that would be expesive
Anonymous says2013-05-28T13:44:11.367
I say no because it does not let them be their selves and it might be ugly and uncomfortable
Anonymous says2013-05-29T13:15:11.150
Yes it supports less bullying
Anonymous says2013-06-01T13:39:55.740
Uniforms may be expensive but save a lot of hassle.
Quan says2013-06-04T17:19:05.647
Of all the petty things to worry about. How does a uniform improve the quality of their education?
vvillatte says2013-06-17T12:29:34.057
Kids might eventually find the system over-restrictive and rebel against it, which in turn would cause no end of trouble.
Anonymous says2013-07-11T09:19:41.743
They are all right
Anonymous says2013-09-04T01:48:35
If they look awesome and you can customize it, then yes. If they are ugly and uncomfortable, then no. And by ugly, I mean wrong color scheme. If anyone watch or read Katekyo Hitman, Reborn, then some might agree...
Anonymous says2013-09-05T17:06:14
Good
Anonymous says2013-09-05T17:23:55.877
NO! NO! NO! I think that we shouldn't wear uniforms anymore, kids don't get to have the freedom to wear what they want and uniforms sometimes cost to much then what families want to pay just a uniform!
bete says2013-10-11T04:50:10.240
What does it even matter? If you don't want your kids to wear a uniform, don't send them to a school that requires it. If you do, then send them to one. This is matter that can easily be controlled, there is nothing to debate.
VoiceOfConservatives says2014-02-02T16:46:39.387
Uniforms usually cost the same, even more in some cases, as other clothes. The same kids will get bullied regardless of whether of not the school has uniforms. All uniforms do is make kids dislike nice clothes.
ayanda says2014-02-23T15:21:07.993
Yes, because no child should look familiar to others ,and when children are not wearing uniform it will cause more corruption in schools