Should kids learn about sex/porn etc... At schools?

Asked by: harryj00
  • Kids should be made aware.

Kids should be made aware of sex-ed obviously, but also should be made aware of porn and its very negative effects on the health, which include desensitization, difficulties in bed and the like. Porn addiction is a very real threat which kids should be warned of.

Obviously showing porn is NOT what I'm advocating, but kids do need to at the very least, be aware of the risks of a harmful thing which is widely prevalent in society. It's a health issue after all, and regardless of your religious leanings you surely don't want your child to suffer from anything bad due to simply not knowing?

• I think it's a good idea for kids to know and learn about sex at a young age. Gives them a idea and knowledge.

So what's other people's opinions on this?
    I was first taught at school and sex is a big part of our life and we do it so it's reasonable to watch and see and know about it.
    Some parents I heard teach at home themselves is that ok to do?

• Sex, Porn, and the Like Are a Part of Life Just Like Any Other

Sex, porn, and the like should be treated like all other parts of life are treated. Kids should be taught about them in school just like kids would be taught about any other scientific or real aspect of life in school. To treat sex, porn, and related matters differently would be lying to our kids, and that would have detrimental effects not only on them, but on all of society in general. I was taught about sexual matters in middle school, high school, and college.

• Educating sex/porn means providing knowledge and raising awareness about sex/porn

Some people may think that these issues may be too sensitive to teach kids since they are too young. However, nowadays, children are becoming more mature than adults may expect. It is like some decades ago, people used to be unwilling to teach about sex/porn for high school students as they also thought that they were too young to learn about those things. But nowadays, sex/porn education for high school students is regarded as great importance. In summary, What I mean is that modern kids are becoming more mature and teaching them about sex/porn is not early, it is right time.

• Sex/porn at schools? I'm up for it.

Sex and pornography are considered as love because even in adolescence, they should determine why it is necessary to teach such kinds, because there are 8 verses in the Bible about sexual love, the one that struck my attention is on 1 Cor 7:3-5 and it says, "The husband must fulfill his duty to his wife, and likewise also the wife to her husband. The wife does not have authority over her own body, but the husband does; and likewise also the husband does not have authority over his own body, but the wife does. Stop depriving one another, except by agreement for a time, so that you may devote yourselves to prayer, and come together again so that Satan will not tempt you because of your lack of self-control."
    It's time to change that because the Western World saw pornography as form of entertainment and freedom of expression for love, while those banning it come from secular and conservative nations. It's right to teach in such schools, but not too much.

• Not everyone has good parents or any parents

There are millions of kids who don't have parents and have uneducated parents. And when you think about them having uneducated parents or no parents, it's probably because the parents weren't educated on sex ed.

Sex ed is one of the most important topics that could be in school. If it is taught in a mandatory way in school (not to kids who already know about sex) it can be very helpful and it can reduce the amount of teens who get pregnant.

Porn has several negative effects (although I love it) such as people not understanding how it works in bed, addiction to porn, and desensitizing to sex.

• We should spread awareness

Kids should learn about sexual safety at a young age so they don't make any mistakes in the future. Knowledge is power, it is important that we teach children the dos and don'ts when it comes to sexual health. If we don't help them now, one small mistake could ruin the rest of their lives. Kids should be aware so less mistakes are made.

• It Isn't okay to teach it in schools

If they want they should give a permission slip to parents asking if they want the kids to learn and if some parents say no then the group of kids whose parents said no then those kids should learn something else and to the parents who said yes to their child learning about it then those kids can learn about it. Parents might not be happy about their kids learning about this yet and permission must be taken. Schools can't just teach it randomly one day cause some parents won't be comfortable with kids learning about it.

• Definitely not porn...

Sex ed can be okay, but even then don't force a kid through it, the 'em choose...

And porn provides a unrealistic idea of sex, that should not be pushed upon impressionable minds. In many cases I think that the parents should have the control on how their child learns about said things, but perhaps have a sex ed class the child can choose to or to not participate, and NO PORN.

And sex doesn't have to be a big part of someone's life at all, I hope to never have sex myself.

• Allow the parents

My main argument is: It is unfair to force a parent to send their child to school and that child not only learn about school, but also how they were made (at age 13). It is an uncomfortable experience for the student. It damages the teachers through any action they take is perceived as "pervy." Also, why should the government be raising children? This is a discussion between a parent and their child. The parent should choose when this discussion happens.

• Allow the Parents

First, if we teach kids ONLY what not to do, how will they know what to do? As well, why should a stranger be teaching what should be coming from a parent? Why should a child be learning about what made them at such a young age? That is an adult concern. Why is it fair children are FORCED to attend or participate in a government certified/ allowed school program, and then be taught things that don't pertain to school? Unless, are we trying to encourage school-sex? I am not advocating for ignorance, but I learned about sex in 7th grade! Age 13! It is one of my most awkward experiences. The teacher was uncomforting (he didn't know what to do), and I was peer pressured into not watching, then when I did watch, for the "educational purpose," I was called a disgusting pervert. This discussion needs to be had in a room with a parent when the parent is ready.

• Why should they even learn about porn?

I understand why people say kids should learn about sex. I don't necessarily agree or disagree with it. In all honesty i'm mostly undecided. But why on Earth should our schools be teaching kids what porn is? I don't see any advantage too it. And for that reason i have to say no.

• Parents and friends

I don't get it why people looking for an answer for this question.Where come out this question ? Or why people argue this situation to eachother in recent years ? It doesnt make any difference when schools teach porn or sex because it's about your upbringing.Schools can teach course or moral,give advice but sex, its not for their views.Family can help with that of course father can talk about with their sons and mom can talk about their girls about this situatian when they get a certain age for that.It would be very helpfull for kids.But actually kids generally learn this things from their friends.One way or another,they can talk easily eachother about sex or porn.Therefore parents should help their children how they pick their friends correctly

• This is not an issue to teach in school.

This issue is an inappropriate issue for children to learn in school. We should teach our children stuff like math, science, history, and other good stuff to help kids get a job. Not this inappropriate language and ideas. Don't corrupt our children's minds. The Bible tells us to protect their minds from inappropriate things!

harryj00 says2017-07-11T23:20:12.453
Exactly! I mean Talk with the parent first and if it's ok with them then send them to the class. I mean everyone has the right to choose what they want to know or learn. It's good to know how the body works and how things are done the right wat etc... Its going to give them the experience they are going to need later. And yes the teacher should know what they are doing since they teach.
Masturbation is normal and we all do it so why shouldn't it be taught in school about it.
The other day, the teacher put on another porn video with masturbation and told the girls to sit up on the table, take off their underwear and try masturbate like the woman on the video.
My job was to go to each girl and see if they were doing it right.